What makes a mainstream artist

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
On tha real i give tha credit 2 the producers...most of these cats arent nothin w.o a cold beat behind em.

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
money, time, effort, a solid business plan, research e,g (what demographic is your main audience, what is the best way to acess them etc) promotion, expertise and maybe least of all, but still crucial... heart, persitance and self belief on the artist part.

gballin123

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Right now its if you can make good hood choreography. Crank Dat Soulja Boy, Stanky Leg, My Dougie, etc.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
tons of artists make waves in their hometown before getting national play, it ain't some sort of milly vanilly conspiracy thing (integrity of an artist is different though, i'm talking about how popular they are)

as far as hot beats go, that's ridiculous. good artists are good artists regardless of producers, but a hot producer can definitely make "mediocre" rappers into kings (jeru, guru)

Persistent_VS

ill o.g.
money, time, effort, a solid business plan, research e,g (what demographic is your main audience, what is the best way to acess them etc) promotion, expertise and maybe least of all, but still crucial... heart, persitance and self belief on the artist part.

You got it man... I totally agree with you

Self belief
Heart
Persistence

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^^^^ I think he actually has a lot of heart and persistence. Doing music like he does with the internet beast always lurking where everybody can ridicule everything you drop. Yeah, dude has heart and persistence because if he read half of what they post on the internet about him and he still keeps going he's gotta have both. Not to mention he's just a kid! The average kid would have crawled under a rock never to be heard again. I know some EMCEE'S that think there the shit that probably would commit suicide if they got put on blast as much as this kid!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I don't know why people think that if you make money doing what you do nothing else matters!

He's a rapper/entertainer that puts in a lot of work. Though most might not like his music I'm sure he "gives a fuck" and puts in the work. He's been hard at work on his craft since he was like 13. I personally don't like 95% of what he drops and I'm not his internet defender but I'm also not going to say he doesn't care about what he does. The kid is everywhere and hardly ever at home. I don't care who you are after awhile not being home gets old. Waking up in one city and going to sleep in another may be exciting your first go around but the second gotta be hell.

I know what you're saying and it may be true but hearing and seeing the kid out there, I don't think that's how he feels at all. He seems to be a pretty good kid that was raised right. If he wasn't, he would have surely fucked up big time by now with all that money and next to no adult supervision!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
I don't know why people think that if you make money doing what you do nothing else matters!

He's a rapper/entertainer that puts in a lot of work. Though most might not like his music I'm sure he "gives a fuck" and puts in the work. He's been hard at work on his craft since he was like 13. I personally don't like 95% of what he drops and I'm not his internet defender but I'm also not going to say he doesn't care about what he does. The kid is everywhere and hardly ever at home. I don't care who you are after awhile not being home gets old. Waking up in one city and going to sleep in another may be exciting your first go around but the second gotta be hell.

I know what you're saying and it may be true but hearing and seeing the kid out there, I don't think that's how he feels at all. He seems to be a pretty good kid that was raised right. If he wasn't, he would have surely fucked up big time by now with all that money and next to no adult supervision!

Well to be honest, money is all that matters. Do you think he would be doing what he does without any money, I dont think so...

I travel a lot too. I am somewhere different pretty much every week for my job. I wouldn't say I love my job but I do it because I need money to survive. And it does not take that much work for him to sing 10 words over a simple as beat. You think he would put a little more into his work if he was cared about what he did...Thats all I am saying

Way off topic, sorry.....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
would put a little more into his work if he was cared about what he did...Thats all I am saying

Way off topic, sorry.....

It's actually not too far off topic.....there's two sides to every coin! u feel one way I feel another.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Well to be honest, money is all that matters. Do you think he would be doing what he does without any money, I dont think so...

he started off producing music on his computer with stock sounds and such. he wasn't trying to make money- he was a kid trying to have some fun with music, and i applaud the dude!

who cares about how much work he SUPPOSEDLY puts into his music? kids love him and he's making a living, he didn't ASK for success - he went out there, put his music on the internet and made it big. dude should be an inspiration rather than the anti-christ of hip hop

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
he started off producing music on his computer with stock sounds and such. he wasn't trying to make money- he was a kid trying to have some fun with music, and i applaud the dude!

who cares about how much work he SUPPOSEDLY puts into his music? kids love him and he's making a living, he didn't ASK for success - he went out there, put his music on the internet and made it big. dude should be an inspiration rather than the anti-christ of hip hop

I'm waiting for people to wake up and realize that they're bashing a KID! They're despising a kids music....grown as MEN getting this angry about a KID making music that happens to be successful at it. It's actually comical!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
^^^
We all have our own opinions. He is def successful that is for sure, no questions there. BUT, I DO personally care about how much work he puts into his music. Do you want this to be the norm in the music industry people taping a key over some drums and singing 10 words over a beat. This is terrible not just for hip hop, but the entire music industry. He has def inspired me too! TO NOT LISTEN TO THE RADIO.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
I'm waiting for people to wake up and realize that they're bashing a KID! They're despising a kids music....grown as MEN getting this angry about a KID making music that happens to be successful at it. It's actually comical!

What's comical, is Grown ass men listening to his music.. Unless you are like 13 who really listens to soulja boy.......come on. Kids dont know better, but men, come on.