what projects is everyone working on right now?

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
hey everyone, how's things? I've been away for a while but I'm back in the game now :)

now that I'm back I'm keen to hear about what everyone is working on these days. any exciting or interesting projects guys? if so, please post them in here and inspire and motivate us all...

as for me, I'm helping three music projects right now including;

1. Who's Got Next? Next Generation Mixtape Vol. 1

this is a mixtape showcasing some of Australia's best up and coming talent. It will be mixed by Dj Illa and hosted by Mind Over Matter, all from Sydney, Australia.

2. Doc Freud mixtape

Doc Freud is a super talented MC from the UK who is currently residing in Sydney. we're actually looking for a couple more beats for this so please peep this thread for more on submitting beats for this exciting project: https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21845

3. Phatchance EP

very talented MC from Sydney, Australia. I'm executive producing this one

all these should be finished late May/early June and I'm VERY excited about all of them

how about everyone else?

What up N.U.G. - I like you, man - if for no other reason that you're from my favorite city in the entire world, Sydney, Australia (I need to get back there, dammit!!)
- Plus you hit me off with those instrumentals like a year or so ago which was a very, very good look for a project I was completing -

I'm gonna hit you up on the PM - I want to include you in some stuff I got going on

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What up N.U.G. - I like you, man - if for no other reason that you're from my favorite city in the entire world, Sydney, Australia (I need to get back there, dammit!!)
- Plus you hit me off with those instrumentals like a year or so ago which was a very, very good look for a project I was completing -

I'm gonna hit you up on the PM - I want to include you in some stuff I got going on

hey bro!

all good man, get at me

peace

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Smash Brothers "Fear Factor" is done... our engineer is just finishing up the master ... single droppin incredibly soon!!

Current projects:

Promoting Fear Factor

FIlm score project we are almost done with for an indie film called "The Pill" should be done with that by next week. I think the film is coming out sometime in late summer.

Ash Holmz of the Smash Brothers presents: "The Grown Man Chronicles" .....im just laying out ideas for this one. Im not sure what its going to turn into (ep or lp) but its going to have some crazy concepts and ccccccrazy beats. really tho. Off tha wall shit. Unpredictable. Already got some verses ready for this. Most likely Im gonna reach out to some other producers and def other emcees (stepchild esp) for some tracks as well.

I/We are looking for the right singer to produce as well. I wanna produce an artist that can do that singing but really rapping thing like domino (remember that dude?) or to a lesser degree nate dogg. I wanna bring back dat type of vibe.

i need to get back in the studio. Havent made a beat in 4 months. seriously.

I want to write a short book too. A phycological thriller type joint. but thats a long term project.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
well... personally, i pretty much suck. I know what i want from my production result but my Proda is like the word cunt.. a pure insult.
Yet i keep at it.. and like chapter 4 section 9 of the king james version... One Day i Will Getz mine!!

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
Hmm me...

mc wise
I'm working on a solo album to come out through Manekineko Pro (DJ Black Panther's Label). its gonna have spots from Ayatollah, THX, Dibiase, Black Panther, and possibly others. i'm about a third to half way through it. Its on some other ish sound-wise. very futuristic.

Production-wise, just building up a bank of beats, trying to get some placements out here in cali. i'm supposed to send a beat or two to bad lucc from western union and also to the homies U-N-I...if you havent heard of any of them, you will.

and otherwise wings of an angel wants to kill me because i have to still get the rest of the lyrics to the paragon black project written out. (Coming soon homie!)

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Right now I am mixing a Folk/rock record for a band call Three Men walking. I am working on the next Drunk Pedestrians with EA electronic record. My Hip Hop album that you guys know about. I am doing the score and sound design for a indy video game. And writing songs for a new band very lounge/folk/rock type stuff. Oh I am also mixing another hip-hop record for someone else.

The answer is no I dont see the sun.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I spent the last twelve months working on a golden age hip hop album, archived from four track cassette, re-arranged, remixed and brought back to life by yours truly.

And big ups to Ominous, dope drawing, keep doing your thing, my wife is real blahzay on 90% of my music since I met her, it don't ever come close to making me want to stop, it actually has the opposite effect. They say the surest way to get something to happen is to tell someone they "cannot do it". That's me right now...

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Still tryin to get "The Red Pill" (solo joint) mixed down. Still fuckin w/ 66. Then doin a collab album w/ my man Truth from DMP once his lab is set up. And I'm always down to fuck w/ my Ill fam.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey peoples, just a quick update to let anyone who might be interested know that one of the projects I was executive producing is completed.

the project is an EP by a VERY talented UK born MC (who lives in Sydney now) called "Doctor Freud" and is produced entirely by Melbourne based beatmaker "Methodz", who is one of the sickest producers doing it right now.

check out the snippets and let me know if you dig it;

www.myspace.com/winterstormz

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
check out the snippets and let me know if dig it;

www.myspace.com/winterstormz

All in all sounds cool to me. The production is good, it's a little "throw backish" in contrast to what goes on in the US. I'm not in the UK so I don't know how they'll respond to the Emcee. I know state side I couldn't get down with the lyrics. I just can't relate but if that's how they do it over there I'm sure he'll make some noise.

Congratz on finishing the project, and good luck as well.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I was feelin the beat to "I'm over you" .... but in all honesty that was really the only one I liked. I wasn't really feelin the emcee from the get go. Glad you knocked out a project though.. good luck with it.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Doesn't sound good to me lil too amature for my taste

Good luck with it

All in all sounds cool to me. The production is good, it's a little "throw backish" in contrast to what goes on in the US. I'm not in the UK so I don't know how they'll respond to the Emcee. I know state side I couldn't get down with the lyrics. I just can't relate but if that's how they do it over there I'm sure he'll make some noise.

Congratz on finishing the project, and good luck as well.

I was feelin the beat to "I'm over you" .... but in all honesty that was really the only one I liked. I wasn't really feelin the emcee from the get go. Glad you knocked out a project though.. good luck with it.

thanks for checking the snippets and for comments fellas. dude's are hella critical these days huh? haha, it's all good, I appreciate the honest feedback.

to me personally, the EP is crazy dope, Freud kills it with the rhymes and Methodz is a monster with the beats but each to their own ya dig.

big ups and best of luck to everybody on here and keep doing your thing fam

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
I know state side I couldn't get down with the lyrics. I just can't relate but if that's how they do it over there I'm sure he'll make some noise.
That style is definitely catching on over here. Even the kids are picking up on it and listening to Aus crews like Hilltop Hoods.

If that Freud dude is from the UK he must have been in Australia for a while because his accent is pretty Australian.