What was your best moment on illmuzik?

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
I was cleaning my room this morning, and i have found a printed version of a thread on illmuzik. The thread was about the big battle that in 2004. I was reading the comments, and I was like whoa. I have read comments from people I was not tight with back then. Yeah the battle was definately one of my greatest moment in here. Very fun and special. I just realized now that Illmuzik has almost 5 years. Im not talking to those who just got here, but to my fellow homeboys. What was your best moment on illmuzik or should I say, the best thing you have read here so far (lol)

I really have this attachment for this website even if I dont post often or come here everyday. Thanks Fade!! Thanks Fam!!

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Oh damn.. look at you, It didnt sound right..
Its the only thing i have printed, cuz i knew Fade would've put those threads in the archives or else where, I remember that I wanted to have them near me, since my computer is still a joke. There was a lot of criticisms that I needed to "listen". Eh.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Winning the Beat Th!s comp. That was dope for me because when I first came to this site. I looked up to cat's that were entering that competetion and I thought I didn't have what it took to win.

T

The Bastard

Formant024 said:
you print out the threads? now thats dedicated lol
i printed out a few tutorials for cool edit back in the day too.not that it was so hard that u needed tutorials for it.but good to have. my fav illmuzik moment was when the red sox won the world series in 04 and al lthe new york residents had no choice but to kneel and kiss my ring. loved that shit

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
winning my first beat this when i was 16. thats what really encouraged me to keep making beats, because no one else at home ever really heard my stuff. it got me really motivated to keep at it, like pgyal, i printed, but the winning page, i still have it up to now, kinda like a little antique now.

T

The Bastard

Producer_GyaL said:
aawww afrique!!! I definately know what you talking about. Thats awesome. awww !!!
where u been i havent seen u post in a minute? i remember one of the few beat this comps fade asked me to jude that yur beat was really nice . that was at least liek 3 years ago

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
bigdmakintrax said:
yeah man in one of the showcases, one of the very first ones waaaaay back, i remember LOL

damn man i feel really bad now -( i dont remember you flaming though, so thats a good thing. now days people can cry over that shit lol.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i'd have to say the support i got from this site throughout the last 6 months or so would have to be it... simply realizing how much of a bond this place has, with all the love and convern being shown, that meant a lot. you were a big part of that gyal.

also, the response i got from my std thread. i thought i'd be ostricized but i won a lot of respect for sharing that, or so it seemed.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's funny....no one on this site has ever said that I was wack straight up...someone needs to just fucking put me in check and wake me the fuck up....lol

Just playing, but yeah, I think my best moment was when I made this Jedi Mind Tricks remix last June during the showcase and people were loving it...saying it was one of the best beats they've heard in awhile....so that gave me a lot of confidence. But I was a little too overconfident and my next few beats didn't do too well.

But the best thing about this site is that the people motivate you to get better, they tell you what you need to work on without saying that you're "wack" or that you "suck" or whatever. And throughout the 2 years I've been here my style really changed a lot.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
My highlights were everytime I lost a Beat This competetion. That shit (as trivial as it may be) motivated me tremendously.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Best moment for me was finding this site. FP is a joke and there is no where else to post at on net as good as Illmuzik. I guess it was also cool to tie that one flipping sample contest that P_Gyal hosted. That track was crazy. i had a fun time making it too.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
ummm, probably this post right here...pretty damn close

btw, im sincere....reading this thread just bring back memories of the past 2 years....Not just Illmuzik memories, but other shit...girls, parties, accomplishments, etc. LIFE! Illmuzik has been a big part of my life, sort of. Not to seem like its the most important thing to me, but I do check the site everyday, and I've met a lot of cool people from the site, and hopefully I've been able to help a lot of people on this site...So reminicing (sp?) of the past 2 years has been great....

members online

No members online now.