What would you do if someone jacked your beat?

YoungDecadeZ

ill o.g.
So..the other day..im listening to these cats album from round the way that got a deal with capitol right ? i turn on the CD..and i hear "This is a BeatBoys production" and my beat comes on..so im like... wtf ? now i know i submit alot of beat CD's .. budwhaddafuk!!!? thats unorthodox..i just want to know from another producers stand point..what would you personally do if someoned jacked your beat(s) ?

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if not copywrited nothing you really can do, and i'm guessing u didnt get them copywritten, because that would be the perfect time to sue their asses. I personally havent heard any of my beats used by someone else, but i'm sure there are people who are using my beats. just ask burna=money, he knows all about beat jackin, lol just playin

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
GRAFIK said:
if not copywrited nothing you really can do, and i'm guessing u didnt get them copywritten, because that would be the perfect time to sue their asses. I personally havent heard any of my beats used by someone else, but i'm sure there are people who are using my beats. just ask burna=money, he knows all about beat jackin, lol just playin
I had heard that about ya boy there graf. Has me itchy about a track that I now have on sound click. I hate that.
I hope you copywrote your trak.
I dont know what else you could do I would call a lawyer...
Then I would SHOOT they ass!!
Really tho ask Stress and Clev for a nominale fee they can get somthin done!!
I send off any beat to be copywriten that I submit.
Make a habit of doing it in bulk.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
nah i never gave him anything relic, i knew what he was about, so i was like fuck that, peace, and dude was never my boy btw, lol
Thats so funny man cuz thats not what I was hearin(From him) nah mayne? lol
Apparently I should not try and make any profits from said beat I was givin.LOL
Thats whats good tho now Im in the know, damn shame really. BUT I never sent any trax that way either.
I dont know why the hell anybody would take a damn beat and claim it as theirs.
If you cant make a trak then learn, like everybody else, jackin them shits is a way to get jacked.
There should be a damn rule on here like your booted out for life for that shit.
YOUNG PEOPLE: Taking someone elses shit and sayin its yours was called "Biting" back in my day. There was even a song called beat biter that ws directed at LL Cool J WAY back about him Biting one of Shans beats.
You get your ass kicked for that sued and all respect is lost for you forever.
I mean you cant Bite then get good in reality and expect peeps to have respect for ya ......EVER.....AGAIN.
So beware. As far as Money/Burna there I dont hate the guy personally I just think its a shame. *Shakes Head*

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yeah i didnt know money=burna, and he had some aight tracks, he was saying he had big connects and shit, and he would hook me up with sampletank and soniksynth for free, so i called dude, and then i found out he was burna=trackburna, and i was like NOOOOOOOOOO! he wanted me send him my tracks to be copywritten, and i never talked to dude since, i am not that stupid, he must have thought i was retarded or some shit, and yes anyone who jacks beats, should be BANNED FOR LIFE, but they will just come back under a new name!

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Elementree said:
if somebody jacked my beat I would track them down and capture them. then i'd probly do some hostel type shit that i cant even say...

just cw yo shit and this wont happen

OMG!!! LOL!!! That's AWESOME! Make an example of them fools! When you're all done and their still alive, pass them to me so I can finish the job!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Kidnap them on a bright hot Summer day stake them out on a roof and cut their eyelids off.
The Sun should do the rest.
Make sure that the trak they stole plays on repeat over and over.
MMMHHUUUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

GRAFIK said:
yeah i didnt know money=burna, and he had some aight tracks, he was saying he had big connects and shit, and he would hook me up with sampletank and soniksynth for free, so i called dude, and then i found out he was burna=trackburna, and i was like NOOOOOOOOOO! he wanted me send him my tracks to be copywritten, and i never talked to dude since, i am not that stupid, he must have thought i was retarded or some shit, and yes anyone who jacks beats, should be BANNED FOR LIFE, but they will just come back under a new name!
That IS a problem on this site, you can always come back in under anotha name.
Guy who started this thread could be him. I think Fade should check that shit, but my man hasnt been banned from this site at all. I wish I had known of the contrversey.
So 'Burna' got popped stealin beats by someone so that was common knowledge
(that I didnt know) then he comes back in as Money (which I thought was weird), then goes back to being Burna for the competition, now we dont hear from him anymore.
Am I right?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
my beats have gotten jacked a few times .. its easier to make a claim if your beat gets jacked on a major label than a smalltime one ... big labels nowadays take measures to ensure they are protected ... but indies, and local cats could jack all day really ....plus they hardly keep good records and dont use soundscan so it would be almost impossible to recoup dough from them..... i never made that big a deal about it because in both cases i doubt they would have paid me money for the beat anyway ... and in both cases i was given album credit and shoutout... even tho i did not give them permission to use the beat lol .... fuuny shit is on one of them u can hear my tag in the background throughout the whole song and they used it anyway! ... and i actually sold the same beat to another PAYING customer a few months after so ... its the cost of doing business... in truth it dont matter as long as cats arent blowin up with the shit .. if i dude got signed to a major (like in the case above) yeah i would be pissed and seek compensation .. but really its very difficult to fully protect urself .. even taking all the precautions you can still get burnt ... for example i submitted stuff to an A&R at a major recently .... I really dont know what goes on behind the scenes .. i mean they could listen to it ... call just blaze and have him make something similar to it and throw my shit out the window .. i mean u never know .. so at some point u r going to have to take a risk .... the way i look at it like is ..... if niggaz is tryin to jack yo shit that means u got hot material ... i can make a beat in 20 minutes so if i gotta get jacked a few times initially for me to take the whole pie later on so be it ... in the end my talent will shine through .... and if u are productive and make hot trax consistenly, then losing 1 or 2 aint that big a deal... most of the succesful producers got fuced with and at the begining of their careers, .. kanye, timbaland, neptunes, scott storch, .... all ghost producers early in their careers .. think about that!!

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
YOUNG PEOPLE: Taking someone elses shit and sayin its yours was called "Biting" back in my day. There was even a song called beat biter that ws directed at LL Cool J WAY back about him Biting one of Shans beats.
You get your ass kicked for that sued and all respect is lost for you forever.
I mean you cant Bite then get good in reality and expect peeps to have respect for ya ......EVER.....AGAIN.

Also, "Children's Story" by Black Star

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
^ hahahah @ the burna/money issue. I luckly never sent him any tracks without a voicetag. but yea, shits crazy.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i would try to discredit them big style, flame the internet spam away, let everyone know what a piece of shit this guy is, in other words start a hate camapign, make sure no one does any business with him, go to all the open mics if he is local, and just hate on him....ruin his life and career, so that he knows never to fuck a stranger up the ass, ever again!!!

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm actually kind of scared about that. That is one of my biggest fears, someone else taking MY WORK and saying they or someone else did that shit. In fact, I thought real hard about having my stuff on the net. I just posted my first beat on ACIDplanet and noticed two people downloaded it, I don't like that feeling. Knowing that someone downloaded my piece, what are they doing with it?

djrekonize

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
what would I do if someone jacked my beat? ,,,,,,,I would rape there moms.

what if dude is like 40 then ull be rapin some 70 yr old lady lol

but i would def pull out my ski mask if someone stole my beat

Bully Beatz

ill o.g.
stomp em out

if somebody stole one of my tracks i would probley stomp em out or i would swallow my pride and be happy that somebody liked my beat enough to steal it

members online