What would you do if someone jacked your beat?

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
YoungDecadeZ said:
So..the other day..im listening to these cats album from round the way that got a deal with capitol right ? i turn on the CD..and i hear "This is a BeatBoys production" and my beat comes on..so im like... wtf ? now i know i submit alot of beat CD's .. budwhaddafuk!!!? thats unorthodox..i just want to know from another producers stand point..what would you personally do if someoned jacked your beat(s) ?

beat jacking happens to the best of them. i would just take it as a lesson and be more of a prick when it comes to who i give tracks to. i don't let every "tom, dick, and harry" listen to my tracks if it's not going to get me anywhere. whenever you have a listening session, it should be to get a track placed on something major. paperwork should be generated from it. i don't even let my friends here my track unless it's a complete song (vocals and all) or if they're one of the artist i'm working with exclusively. because truth be told, you're homeboy down the street isn't going to get you a deal. biting is at a all time high nowadays. whether they bite your style or just flat out take the whole track and claim it's theirs. i would just take it in stride "young d" and protect yourself better. things happen for a reason. (or maybe i'm just being a punk, lol)

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Erica Johnson said:
I'm actually kind of scared about that. That is one of my biggest fears, someone else taking MY WORK and saying they or someone else did that shit. In fact, I thought real hard about having my stuff on the net. I just posted my first beat on ACIDplanet and noticed two people downloaded it, I don't like that feeling. Knowing that someone downloaded my piece, what are they doing with it?
They are probably "Having their way" with it right now!!!
Poor beat all cold and lonley and scared... Just having a way done to it. Somebody just leaving there spit all over the thing....
I am gonna start voice taggin all my shit with White or pink noise. So loud that you have to strain to hear the track!!
LOL

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
^ hahahah @ the burna/money issue. I luckly never sent him any tracks without a voicetag. but yea, shits crazy.

luckily neither did i. is mad people that are talking about that though, dude was operating on a pretty big scale. He never tried to steal beats from me though, dude just stole beats from people on soundclick (shadowville no less, how stupid is that) and tried to say he made them.

as far as getting my beats stolen, i just had a couple stolen the other day. i didnt have em copywritten either, and the mc was wack. so i just sent him a letter saying id take legal action, (bluffing) and dude just payed me $200 leases fro the beats he jacked. i was surprised when he agreed to pay, but hey its all good. he jacked some really old ass weak beats too, thats why they werent copywritten. mcees ....SMH

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I've had a few uncopywritten beats stolen. I found out through myspace. This dude had mad compliments on his comments about his song over MY beat. Man fuck, I contacted about 15 people that had commented an told them all that this dude was fake, dont trust him.. he stole my shit explained everything. The beat that he stole was and still is in my myspace songs. 3 of them were other producers and another one was a magazine that was going to write an article about him.

This was after I contacted him an let him know I was going to take legal action. He said he got it from a producer around his way an I simply told him to give me this guys contact information and he always danced around that subject, sayin he didnt know him. I'm like, this dude just gave you a sick beat an he didnt know you? hard to believe. How'd you even get the beat from him then?

dude was never straight up about anything.

Shit is fucked up, TAG YOUR BEATS WELL. And i still dont have that beat tagged lol... *dodges eggs*

I feel like I have so much more beats that are better than that I dont really care to do the work to put a tag on it and put it back up.

$Maximillion$

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
DJ X-sinna said:
OMG!!! LOL!!! That's AWESOME! Make an example of them fools! When you're all done and their still alive, pass them to me so I can finish the job!
Then Pass them to me so I can burn them