What would you do....

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
Okay....

So I'm chillin in the airport waiting for my flight to board. Next thing you know, Rick Ross walks out of the terminal I'm bout to walk thru. Now, at first, I was like there is no way thats him. He actually was ALOT smaller than I thought he would be and seemed like just another dude. Then I seen his DIESEL ass beard. He also had a BUNCH of cats following him that also looked rather basic. SO, after freezin up a lil bit, i turned over to my laptop, and grabbed my beat cd. (always one on me.) By the time I turned around, He was already halfway down the escalator towards the baggage claim. I grabbed all my shit and headed down the escalator and was stopped by security. They said if I left I would of had to check all my bags in and go thru all the security checks again. (which the line was DUMB long). On top of that, my flight already started to board. There was NO way i could miss my flight and get stuck. Also, there was no guarentee he would even be at the baggage claim. My common sense kicked in and I just turned around back up the escalator to board.

There is also no guarantee that dude would of even accepted the CD. He may of grabbed it, said good look, n then turn around and thrown it in the garbage. He may of even not paid no mind to me as well. I also may of been bombarded by his entourage. However, we got some joints i feel that are RIGHT up his alley. All he had to do was listen and I think he wouda cosigned. Who knows.... I do know that the flight sucked thinking about what could of happend all the way back to NY from SC.

To make a long story short, i think i missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. I know it was kinda out of my control but i should of been better prepared and acted faster. For the future, ima stay on alert at ALL times when flying. What would of yall done?

PS - On a side note, in the two weeks I was in SC, i seen T.I. at an Atlanta Hawks playoff game and Ricky Ross at the airport. IN ONLY TWO WEEKS. and i live in NY, and i have NEVER seen ANYONE in public other than a concert. That to me is some shit.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
lol. Honestly dude. I doubt that guy is on a grind for unknown artists anyways. He wouldn't even consider listening to them until someone who runs his life listened to it first. You shouldn't kick yourself to much. Thats a good point though be prepared.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Ross should donate that mangly ass beard to locks 4 love save bout 50 children from baldness

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
lol. Honestly dude. I doubt that guy is on a grind for unknown artists anyways. He wouldn't even consider listening to them until someone who runs his life listened to it first. You shouldn't kick yourself to much. Thats a good point though be prepared.
dunno about that, he was a ghostwriter for a hella long time...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Okay....

So I'm chillin in the airport waiting for my flight to board. Next thing you know, Rick Ross walks out of the terminal I'm bout to walk thru. Now, at first, I was like there is no way thats him. He actually was ALOT smaller than I thought he would be and seemed like just another dude. Then I seen his DIESEL ass beard. He also had a BUNCH of cats following him that also looked rather basic. SO, after freezin up a lil bit, i turned over to my laptop, and grabbed my beat cd. (always one on me.) By the time I turned around, He was already halfway down the escalator towards the baggage claim. I grabbed all my shit and headed down the escalator and was stopped by security. They said if I left I would of had to check all my bags in and go thru all the security checks again. (which the line was DUMB long). On top of that, my flight already started to board. There was NO way i could miss my flight and get stuck. Also, there was no guarentee he would even be at the baggage claim. My common sense kicked in and I just turned around back up the escalator to board.

There is also no guarantee that dude would of even accepted the CD. He may of grabbed it, said good look, n then turn around and thrown it in the garbage. He may of even not paid no mind to me as well. I also may of been bombarded by his entourage. However, we got some joints i feel that are RIGHT up his alley. All he had to do was listen and I think he wouda cosigned. Who knows.... I do know that the flight sucked thinking about what could of happend all the way back to NY from SC.

To make a long story short, i think i missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. I know it was kinda out of my control but i should of been better prepared and acted faster. For the future, ima stay on alert at ALL times when flying. What would of yall done?

PS - On a side note, in the two weeks I was in SC, i seen T.I. at an Atlanta Hawks playoff game and Ricky Ross at the airport. IN ONLY TWO WEEKS. and i live in NY, and i have NEVER seen ANYONE in public other than a concert. That to me is some shit.

When I was in Miami 2 years ago, we gave him one of our CD's. He actually lives a few houses down from a friend of mine in Pembroke Pines. He basically said that he was pushing his album and had very little time to be working on bringing up new artists. Maybe he just wasn't feeling our CD, but we gave it a try. At least we got an answer instead of contemplating giving it to him at all...

Maybe he will throw the CD in the garbage...Maybe he won't. I would think that if you would've given him a CD, there would've been a slim chance he would've hit you up. But a slim chance is better that NO chance....

Remember...you miss every shot you don't take. Maybe it wouldn't have been worth missing your flight, but sometimes that's a chance you have to take. If dude decided to work with you on two of those tracks, it wouldn't have been that big a deal that you missed your flight now, does it?

Of course you didn't see anyone in NY....did you forget where you lived?? LOL

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
I agree Sucio. A slim chance is better than no chance. And all the cd was was just beats. Not like we were trying to put any artist on him. More for him to listen to and MAYBE get a little feedback. Thats really it. However, I do feel that we missed out on the opportunity. But really, who knows. I know ima b ready next time.

And about seein cats in NY, would u expect to see Rick Ross in Greenville, SC, HELL NO!!!! You expect to see dude in M I Ya Yo or the big apple.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Im pissed you were down my way and didnt holla....

I think you did what you could at the time, dont miss the flight on some shit like that.
If it was to be then it would have been, it is what it is dont kick yourself around over it.
Keep grindin , yall got some hot shit, just handing it to him would have meant nothing at all and he prolly would have either had someone remake them or gank them outright if he liked it enough.
Theres a reason for everything, keep it movin!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
So far, the biggest gains in my life were taken by also taking the biggest risks in my life. I wouldn't suggest it for everybody.

I'm not talking about missing a chance at handing a CD to someone (though you should never miss an opportunity.) I would've shouted his name and chucked a USB drive with the beats at him. He would've HAD to listen to your music, because you would've stuck out in his mind for that whole day.

"Damn, the cat threw a flash drive at me and said 'Ross, listen to my beats - they're hot!!!' Crazy mu'fucka. But damn, this track IS hot, i'ma have Dicky Rick call dude up."

Or, he would've just chucked the shit in the garbage.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
So far, the biggest gains in my life were taken by also taking the biggest risks in my life. I wouldn't suggest it for everybody.

I'm not talking about missing a chance at handing a CD to someone (though you should never miss an opportunity.) I would've shouted his name and chucked a USB drive with the beats at him. He would've HAD to listen to your music, because you would've stuck out in his mind for that whole day.

"Damn, the cat threw a flash drive at me and said 'Ross, listen to my beats - they're hot!!!' Crazy mu'fucka. But damn, this track IS hot, i'ma have Dicky Rick call dude up."

Or, he would've just chucked the shit in the garbage.

At the very least, he woulda got a free USB drive.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
im actually flying out of Charlotte again tomorrow to head back to NY. i will be back in SC the following tuesday. i am working out in Duncan, SC which is just outside Greenville, SC. we have been looking at a lot of different places out here. we def need to get up. hypnotist lives in charlotte too.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
A lesson learned.

I've actually stopped using CD's

As G put it earlier...He used a flash drive.....believe it or not, people are more inclined to see the flash drive rather than the CD...

And it's actually cheaper, considering the cost of burning a shitload of CD's and getting the art for them.