whats your life like??

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
damn. thx for the good info everyone. sicko had me buzzed but i needed to know the real stroy. i appreciate all the input. i think i left out the fact that i'm trying to get away from cold weather. HA! i may have to look into switzerland and finland though. the nordic countries got it going on.

T

The Arkitekt

i heard to live in aruba, you have to get government approval to live theres for x amount of years, then renew your right after the approval of years is over due to it being a very touristy area and you need to be working there as a reason for living there. dont knock what i just said, its only what i heard

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i heard to live in aruba, you have to get government approval to live theres for x amount of years, then renew your right after the approval of years is over due to it being a very touristy area and you need to be working there as a reason for living there. dont knock what i just said, its only what i heard

my sis has lived there for several years but we're dutch so our permit is different but you need the papers, qualifications to live there...if you do get there,,,set up an LLC as you 6% corp tax hehehehe

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
i think i left out the fact that i'm trying to get away from cold weather.
Australia's the place then, some of the best weather and beaches in the world. Climates range from tropical to pretty cold, depending on where you settle.

Sincock laid out the scenario here pretty well.

Some of the best quality health care in the world. If you're sick or injured you will be taken care of.

Tertiary education is accessible although when you return to work you get bills to pay back. Kids are supplied with a decent education although most don't realise what they're getting.

People are laid back. Guns are a rarity and our streets are relatively safe.

Culture is getting a lot more diverse. There's a lot of African refugees in my area and on weekends they get down the park and drum, sing and dance. Provides a nice soundtrack when my kids are on the swings.

The cost of living is a little high but there's plenty of work around. We have a skills shortage in some areas. There's also a lot of people with money to burn so business opportunities are there.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I have an education in IT and thats what is big over there rite now as far as careers. My wifes family lives out there so we got some people out there and my wifes cousin's Uncle is the Prime Minister,,,we shouldn't have a problem at all,,lol.

Wifes..cousins..Uncle....So its your wifes father???
Wow so your father in law is a Prime Minister?

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Good thread, a lot of interesting info.
One drawback to diggin is I feel like my record collection keeps me from packing up and moving somewhere. I'd need to digitize it and sell it (although I guess a storage unit would be a possibility).
Me personally, I have the same thoughts as Merc rather often. Cost of living in NY is insane, and all you can really do is it survive/get by, it's hard to get ahead. It's also hard to get comfortable since you're constantly trying to make ends meet. Buying property is damn near impossible unless you have a quarter million cash laying around for a down payment.
The flipside is that of all the places I've lived, where I'm at right now is my favorite so far (Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY, USA). It reminds me of Athens, Greece (my family is Greek, I went there in '97). I also feel like NY is home, I've been in and around NYC for 12 years now.
As far as other countries, I'm strongly interested in Greece, New Zealand and the Netherlands. I don't speak Greek or Dutch though, so that limits things a little bit. Additionally, I have a friend in the Netherlands that wants to move here, so no matter where you are there is always a "grass is greener" thing going on.
To Stress - Aruba sounds dope.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^ i hear ya bro .. nyc is a crazy GRIND just to maintain much less thrive and prosper... the C.O.L. is ridiculous ... but at the same i feel like u need to be in a major city to really get things poppin if ur doing music or other media related stuff. I feel im in the right place for me right now in my life though, maybe later on I might move away, but nyc is basically the hub of the entertainment world, well one of them at least. And its true what they say, if u can make it here, u can make it anywhere. If McShame wins, Im going to seiously consider packing my shit and getting the fuck outta here though. McCain will have us warring with Iraq,Iran,Russia, and Afghanistan simulatenously and thats no bullshit!! Did it ever occur to u what all those countries have in common? ... HUGE supplies of OIL! ... Its not a coincidence... people need to wake the fuckup!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^^ i hear ya bro .. nyc is a crazy GRIND just to maintain much less thrive and prosper... the C.O.L. is ridiculous ... but at the same i feel like u need to be in a major city to really get things poppin if ur doing music or other media related stuff. I feel im in the right place for me right now in my life though, maybe later on I might move away, but nyc is basically the hub of the entertainment world, well one of them at least. And its true what they say, if u can make it here, u can make it anywhere. If McShame wins, Im going to seiously consider packing my shit and getting the fuck outta here though. McCain will have us warring with Iraq,Iran,Russia, and Afghanistan simulatenously and thats no bullshit!! Did it ever occur to u what all those countries have in common? ... HUGE supplies of OIL! ... Its not a coincidence... people need to wake the fuckup!!

REAL TALK^^^^

The only reason McShame...lol...I like that...gotta use it, spoke out in the first place is because of that pipe line that we have going thru Turkey and Georgia around Russia! He even said the shit on the campaign trail yesterday. Like u said Ash, it's all about oil, people really do need to wake the fuck up and smell the smog! Every fucked up thing we've done in the last 8 years has been about "oil". "We're all Georgians today", give me a fucking break war monger! Like I said in another thread it's all "big talk" we can't fucking afford to fight "real countries" especially those that we owe plenty. China and Opec are buying up hella property in the US right under most of our noses. This country won't be America to much longer if that keeps up. What do you think the security for the monetary loan is.......PROPERTY!

Back on topic though. You can't run from what's may or may not happen in America. We are a global community now. What happens here affects the entire world and vice verse.

If I go anywhere it would have to be Brazil. At least for now they're energy self sufficient! NOT TO MENTION THEM BRAZILLIAN BIG BUTTS.....lmao

REAL TALK^^^^

The only reason McShame...lol...I like that...gotta use it, spoke out in the first place is <b>because of that pipe line that we have going thru Turkey and Georgia around Russia!</b> He even said the shit on the campaign trail yesterday. Like u said Ash, it's all about oil, people really do need to wake the fuck up and smell the smog! Every fucked up thing we've done in the last 8 years has been about "oil". "We're all Georgians today", give me a fucking break war monger! Like I said in another thread it's all "big talk" we can't fucking afford to fight "real countries" especially those that we owe plenty. China and Opec are buying up hella property in the US right under most of our noses. This country won't be America to much longer if that keeps up. What do you think the security for the monetary loan is.......PROPERTY!

Back on topic though. You can't run from what's may or may not happen in America. We are a global community now. What happens here affects the entire world and vice verse.

If I go anywhere it would have to be Brazil. At least for now they're energy self sufficient! NOT TO MENTION THEM BRAZILLIAN BIG BUTTS.....lmao

Word, its all about that pipeline, the invasion of afganistan was all about the pipeline as well as heroin production.
Iraq was about the oil stocks and the pipeline.
The georgian rose revolution was about the pipeline.
The pipeline going through georgia is very important to the west.
911 was about the pipeline.
The whole war on terror is about that fucking pipeline. And taking away what freedoms we have.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4

I forgot to mention Brazil. I am a big MF fan of that country. As you mentioned, you got tons of fine women, you got a rapidly growing economy, beaches, good food + that music - the Samba - that is my shit right there, I love that Bossa Nova, Samba shit, I could listen to that all day....

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Word, its all about that pipeline, the invasion of afganistan was all about the pipeline as well as heroin production.

ishn't it amazing how most people can't put 2 and 2 together.

Afgahnistan = Heroin

Russia = Oil

etc.....

we can stay and take arms or bounce and start new lives. So much for the American dream. I think it's safe to say we are in the American dream right now and we need to wake up.

I would just like to add regarding Brazil.
Rio De Janeiro has one of the biggest rich/poor divides in the world.

ishn't it amazing how most people can't put 2 and 2 together.

Afgahnistan = Heroin

Russia = Oil

etc.....

we can stay and take arms or bounce and start new lives. So much for the American dream. I think it's safe to say we are in the American dream right now and we need to wake up.

Word, its the truth.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Word, its the truth.

June 10 an envoy arrives in Afghanistan wanting to run a pipeline thru there country to the dead sea to off load oil into tankers. They say "hell no" the envoy lives saying "you'll live to regret that decision"! Two months later 911, in the words of Nas, "it ain't hard to tell", what the fuck really went on.

Back on topic. MERC....GO TO BRAZIL! I'm not moving there but I'm hitting it up before I leave this earth...hopefully. Just got to take my wifey on this cruise first then I'm FREE to see me some "big butts"! Brizillian big butts is the name of the XXX flick I got by the way...after seeing that joint I've been dying to go there every since.....lmao

members online