When is an Illmuzik cat finna blow up?

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo, it's gonna be pretty tight in like 5 years when you're reading the inside of a CD cover and you see "MarkN" or "Classic" or "DJ Hoppa," or reading about an Illmuzik producer in Scratch. Honestly, I don't see how at least a few of the cats on here aren't going to have successful music careers. So many heads with talent, it's inevitable. I was just thinking about that, it's a pretty cool thing. I'll be very surprised if at least a couple people on here don't blow up.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Word. I love seeing members hookup, do their thing, and improve their craft. I can't wait to see some of these guys doing big things, just shout us out!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
man u will be surpised, there are already a NUMBER of cats on here that are already in the major's. the just stay on the low and dont really post to much. Cats like wattzbeatz(www.wattzbeatz.com) are already doing their thing...an have beats placed on major lables

but yea man its only a matter of time untill somebody will "offically" break

My money goes on my boy ash holmz, casue that cat stays hustlin beats(and when he breaks my ass will be right there sayin "I make beats too..."LOL )

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
My money goes on my boy ash holmz, casue that cat stays hustlin beats

Yeah good shit, same with Hoppa. In my opinion that's the way you gotta do it. That's the funnest way too IMO.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
Yo, it's gonna be pretty tight in like 5 years when you're reading the inside of a CD cover and you see "MarkN" or "Classic" or "DJ Hoppa," or reading about an Illmuzik producer in Scratch. Honestly, I don't see how at least a few of the cats on here aren't going to have successful music careers. So many heads with talent, it's inevitable. I was just thinking about that, it's a pretty cool thing. I'll be very surprised if at least a couple people on here don't blow up.

There's already a few people up here who are having success/steady income with their music and at the same time there are people here who have that potential and
"the goods" to take it to the next level.

Also it depends on your definition of success. Some people are fine with being able to make hot tracks and some want the fame and glamour that comes with being in "the business".

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^^I like both, believe me I, like most here, am trying.
I cant wait to see someone on the grammy's give a shout out too illmuzik,think how many cats would be like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" all at once. :D
Producer Gayl why the hell would you stop you got a fan right here??SHIT..

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Producer_GyaL said:
hey people.. I had to stop by cause someone sent me an PM message. I just read this tread and you guys are right, I cant wait to see my people up there. Oh, by the way, I did quit beatmaking. See ya!

gyal aint seen you online in a while to talk too ! but SHIIIITTTTTTT.... we need to tlak, you can't give up on your music !

as for blowing up yea im pretty sure at least someone is gonna blow up from this site ! theres a lot of talent and not just that a lot of serious people with talent and the knowledge to put that talent to good use to break into the industry ! all the rest of us have to do is hang on to their coat tails lol
unless i breakthrough first then im gonna pretend like i don't know who the fuck you all are ! sike.....

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Even though I haven't heard a lot of your stuff, I do know you've been doing this for awhile and you can't let those years just go as nothing and a waste. You worked so hard winning some of the competitions over here and getting to where you are now putting your sweat and soul into those beats. And I remember you agreeing with Beatz101's comment about his beats being his babies, I mean the same thing goes for you. You can't let these unborns go, gotta give them life. God blessed you with talent, use it to its final extent. Stay up.

To stay on topic: There's a lot of people here that have potential and like you said man, it's invevitable somebody will blow up, but talent will only take them so far. Once you step into the actual scene, its all hard work and determination from that poiint on.

Wattz21XX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

whoa whoa whoa...
this isnt my batman glass.
pgyal quit??
why i remember hearin ur beats on illmuzik radio and stuff and i wouldnt understand u quittin. and Classic wattup man, i appreciate the acknowledgement and name droppin i guess lol...but yea things are goin iight. nothin really major, gettin placements is tuff. but yea i been down wit illmuzik for a while im just still on the low most the time. and i know theres plenty of talent around this community its only a matter of time til some1 is out there gettin that Just Blaze money.
o yea n my site is down, it was hacked or sumthin so i put the myspace up temporarily but its kinda cool so it might be for keeps....
pz
Wattz

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i think it will be the UK cats that blow up first, scene is ripe for the plucking.....

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
aww, please people, its not a big deal, More place for YOU in the game! I have my reasons and making this statement may go against me later. Music will be always in me... and no one really knows (not even a few) how much I have gained a lot of knowledge during this past 2 years. Either Industry wise or musically. But you know, its never enough. We have to admit, its a man world... Money is good, but my soul is better. Everyone wants the fame... Just seeing people in here Struggling and makin beats till they blow up like its their only hope of happiness.....damn.
Today, I could care less about doing major. People are People, either the media are making them big for nothing or they act stupid just to be not forgoten .
No one seems to care about how the american industry really is. Anybody can make beatz, anybody can insult you because you use this and that.
Talent has nothing to do nowaday. You just have to be a good business man. Nobody care about the engineer's job when They ARE the reason why the beat sound hot in the end. Its an ART. Beside that, its all about having a name, nothing new. Then, 10 people will send their best track to you, and the public will look at you like "wow...he is soo creative...his beats are the bomb" blablabla. Okay now, what everything I just said had to do with me ? lol its just ridiculous, thats life. I have been very busy and during that time I had no interest making beats. Beside, I cant even call my music "hiphop". Its girly R&b ish. I dunno. Somehow, you can't please everyone's style. Its cool winning some Competition up here, but its not the real life. A lot of cats have MAD talent, NICE SAMPLES, Nice Set up!
Now speeding up samples à la Kanye West is what people like to hear today. Thats the truth. Anyways, all i can say, making beats is like a big Battle and unfortunately, people will hate you for some reasons. Like you all, I thought that making beats would be something that I would do for a living, but eh, it is probably something that I should live without it. Its just not in my heart for now. Im busy with other stuff in my life. I have been blessed musically its true, but it is probably just not for me.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^^ Damn that is F'd up.
I'll have you know that your x-mass entry was not f'n girly r&b.
I'll ALSO have you know that I played your stuff for my 12 yr old daughter and you should have seen her face light up when I told her you were a female.
Face just blazin with pride, ya killin me here,jeez I hope its not a dude...
Just for fun please keep hittin us off with stuff for a hobby or somthin.
:(

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Producer_GyaL said:
aww, please people, its not a big deal, More place for YOU in the game! I have my reasons and making this statement may go against me later. Music will be always in me... and no one really knows (not even a few) how much I have gained a lot of knowledge during this past 2 years. Either Industry wise or musically. But you know, its never enough. We have to admit, its a man world... Money is good, but my soul is better. Everyone wants the fame... Just seeing people in here Struggling and makin beats till they blow up like its their only hope of happiness.....damn.
Today, I could care less about doing major. People are People, either the media are making them big for nothing or they act stupid just to be not forgoten .
No one seems to care about how the american industry really is. Anybody can make beatz, anybody can insult you because you use this and that.
Talent has nothing to do nowaday. You just have to be a good business man. Nobody care about the engineer's job when They ARE the reason why the beat sound hot in the end. Its an ART. Beside that, its all about having a name, nothing new. Then, 10 people will send their best track to you, and the public will look at you like "wow...he is soo creative...his beats are the bomb" blablabla. Okay now, what everything I just said had to do with me ? lol its just ridiculous, thats life. I have been very busy and during that time I had no interest making beats. Beside, I cant even call my music "hiphop". Its girly R&b ish. I dunno. Somehow, you can't please everyone's style. Its cool winning some Competition up here, but its not the real life. A lot of cats have MAD talent, NICE SAMPLES, Nice Set up!
Now speeding up samples à la Kanye West is what people like to hear today. Thats the truth. Anyways, all i can say, making beats is like a big Battle and unfortunately, people will hate you for some reasons. Like you all, I thought that making beats would be something that I would do for a living, but eh, it is probably something that I should live without it. Its just not in my heart for now. Im busy with other stuff in my life. I have been blessed musically its true, but it is probably just not for me.

Wtf? who cares , make music for yourself not what others think... If u dont wanna be in the industry fine, that’s understandable.....but ur quitting music because people are hating??? WTF???

If you need to take a break , and life ur busy that’s fine, we have all had to go threw that at some point. But for you to say ur straight up quitting?? thats throwing a gift away, and to be honest thats kind of selfish cause if god blesses you with something you use it...

Now im not gonna sit here and tell you how great you are, casue u already know what i think so ill skip that

I will say this gyal your my home girl, from our convo’s I would even consider you a friend
but i call it how i see it, & your argument for quitting is lame as hell....You cannont go threw life giving up on stuff like that, espically if its your passion and dream(which i know it is)

What a waste.....

Class…..

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
classic said:
Wtf? who cares , make music for yourself not what others think... If u dont wanna be in the industry fine, that’s understandable.....but ur quitting music because people are hating??? WTF???

If you need to take a break , and life ur busy that’s fine, we have all had to go threw that at some point. But for you to say ur straight up quitting?? thats throwing a gift away, and to be honest thats kind of selfish cause if god blesses you with something you use it...

Now im not gonna sit here and tell you how great you are, casue u already know what i think so ill skip that

I will say this gyal your my home girl, from our convo’s I would even consider you a friend
but i call it how i see it, & your argument for quitting is lame as hell....You cannont go threw life giving up on stuff like that, espically if its your passion and dream(which i know it is)

What a waste.....

Class…..

i co-sign that totally !

your excuse for quitting seems very weak to me BUT that said i wish you the best of luck in woteav you do to get that happiness !

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
pgyal, your beats are hot, end of story. i remember when you first showed up and had those 2 beats for that french site. those were some fresh beats no matter what genre you put them in.

i think all of us on here realize that most, or maybe even all but a handful of us will not be making beats for a living. but that's not why we do it. that's not why i do it anyway. I do it for fun! i find it enjoyable to make beats. creating my own hiphop/rap and techno gives me pleasure pure and simple. so i guess if you no longer get pleasure from making beats then that's a good reason to stop. but just because others don't appreciate your stuff doesn't mean shit. hell, almost nobody on this forum listens to/likes techno as far as i remember from previous threads. but i'm not about to quit producing it.

but once again, if producing no longer gives you pleasure then that's another matter entirely and a logical reason to stop with it. and if that's the case, i'm sad to see you go, but i understand your choice and wish you luck in whatever it is you're doing. peace.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Okay, Okay,,,,let's get back on topic,,,if PGyal doesn't want to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,Naw girl,,,ya gotta keep doin ya thing. Fuck what ya heard, seen, or did,,,do you. That's all i can say. Music ultimately is from the soul and its one of the greatest forms of expression. Fuck the industry! Chances are I'll never sign, and hopnestly I havnt put too much effort into it, but I STILL MAKE MUSIC,,,because? It's what I do. A wise man once said,

"Follow your heart,,,it's what I do."- Napoleon Dynomite,,,lol