When is an Illmuzik cat finna blow up?

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
I never said that Im quitting cuz people dont like my stuff. People did obviously. Its just this lame game. Im not deaf, I could even write a long thread about it. lol No its not a dude. Its just life. Its not about me.
Class, if God really want me to use that "Gift" I'll know. Im not dying or anything! I may not be active on illmuzik, but i do come time to time to write a sentence or two.
I hope I will hear somebody like mercury waters blowing up. He's a tight and humble MC.

thanks stress. Nice thoughts...

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Producer_GyaL said:
I never said that Im quitting cuz people dont like my stuff. People did obviously. Its just this lame game. Im not deaf, I could even write a long thread about it. lol No its not a dude. Its just life. Its not about me.
Class, if God really want me to use that "Gift" I'll know. Im not dying or anything! I may not be active on illmuzik, but i do come time to time to write a sentence or two.
I hope I will hear somebody like mercury waters blowing up. He's a tight and humble MC.

thanks stress. Nice thoughts...

Oh please.

PG... don' t make me catch a flight up to Montreal or wherever and bodyslam you. You're buggin' out hardcore. I will snatch all your records and make all kinda bangin' beats from them, and make you be like "OH HELL NAW THAT'S MY SAMPLE, SUCKA! LEMME SHOW YOU HOW TO DO THIS, SON!!" and it'll re-spark your interest in this game.

But for real tho, I understand not wanting to pimp yourself out to a game that's ready, willing, and able to pimp you out at any second. I don't wanna do that either. I'd rather stay relatively unknown and put out music that will one day have an influence on somebody or hopefully alot of people. If I can listen to what I do at the end of the day and it's something I'd be proud to call mine (in front of people who do AND do not listen to hip hop) and it pays some kind of justice to the original songs I sampled or were influenced by, then I'll truly be able to say that I'm doing something that I'm happy with.

Don't get me wrong... I'm broke as hell right now, and I'd willingly sell off some of my... eh.... more "dooky-ish" beats in a heartbeat to someone throwing money my way.... I just won't sell it under my name or with any association with me. I want to keep my reputation as clear as possible... That means alot more than financial happyness to me. I kinda shit on No I.D. for pimping himself out to G-Unit and the likes (Didja know he's the one that made that "Let Me Hold You" track for Bow Wow?? Damn... Good to see him get money and all... but it still ain't like "Resurrection")... but I guess homey deserves to get money after making a classic like Common's "Resurrection".

To make a long post short, girl stop bugging, you got talent and you're gonna make me have to fart on you or something.

Get your mind right. You talk about a God-given talent, but you're willing to waste that talent?? BAH!

You buggin' homie.

Good to see you back though :)

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26

When I saw that post, the 1st name that popped was yours, PGyal....

All I gotta say is: "what a waste"... and knowing you, there is probably something else that bothers you that's in the same line of what you're talking about, but a bit deeper and private...

It's your call (no one can make you see what you don't want to see), but it's a waste. Period!

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
don't worry guys.

you can take pgyal out of beat making, but you can't take the beatmaking out of pgyal. she'll be back again with that same fire as last time. we just gotta wait for it.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Tricky... The Power of Pancake Bunny Compels You....

To change that damn avatar back to the clown.

You look like you have a unibrow or something man. I mean... DAMN! That shit is goofy as hell. Plus it's creepy. Not to clown or anything.. but it's unanimous...we all want the gangsta-ass clown back.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
You look like you have a unibrow or something man. I mean... DAMN! That shit is goofy as hell. Plus it's creepy. Not to clown or anything.. but it's unanimous...we all want the gangsta-ass clown back.

Roastin! Agreed.

But yo, I guess that's why females don't do it big like dudes do. They get all emotional and give up at the first sign of adversity.

I'm tired of the cliche "that depends how you define success." We all know that. Just take it in the context of how it's said and quit being a smart ass. In my opinion, success is happiness. But if I'm talking about a successful career, you know what I mean.

I mean making beats for a variety of emcees and getting paid well to do it. Most likely no one will reach Just Blaze status, but I could easily see Hoppa being a known name on the underground scene, and guys like Beatz101 and Holmz and really dozens others on here getting gigs left and right on cool sized projects.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
theres a 100% chance that a person/people here will blow no doubt.

ps. pgyal i respect your decision, gota do what you gota do, but whatever ur dream in life is chase it! that i know you will do.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
everybodyu ay of gyal.... she is making a personal choice. best thing to do is just encourage her to follow her heart and be supportive in whatever choices she makews... isnt that what makes us a community? we all know she is talented, we may feel that he is letting it go to waste by quitting, but well have to make the choices that are best for us iundividually and no one can truly know that but the individual.

gyal, stay up, i thank you so much for some of the pm's you sent to me during the last few months where ive been dealing with a lot of shit... anytime you want to0 chat gime a pm.

let her be guys. shes gotta do what she feels is right for her- lame excuse or not.

on topic now...

well what can i say, i'm just lookin for some cotails to ride. classic, hurry up and make it so i can latch on to your name.

O

open mind

one thing must be clear if really one of the illmuzik family make it and dont give a shoutout or whatever on his cd or media or wutevaaaaaa then i wish to this human being that one day he must go to the toilette and he find out he has no toilette paper. HAAHAHAHAHAHAHhaahaha

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik!!!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
bigrob said:
he must go to the toilette and he find out he has no toilette paper. HAAHAHAHAHAHAHhaahaha

hey Big Rob, did this just happen to you? dookie is a bitch when ya fingers clean the ditch.. hahaha now that's jacked up!

Cold Truth said:
on topic now...

I actually see more than a few people here blowing up in the next 5 years. I doubt i'll blow up though :), honestly I'd much rather make like 50k a year between a nice career and selling beats eventually. Classic, Stress, Clever, Mucka, and many others are inpossesion of the talent right now.. it's like God said, talent only gets you so far (i think god said that). These guys are taking their talent into the business realm, so I think that's really the defining factor beyond talent.

O

open mind

Chrono said:
hey Big Rob, did this just happen to you? dookie is a bitch when ya fingers clean the ditch.. hahaha now that's jacked up!

believe it or not it happend to me! but i was lucky i had sum newspaper with sum pictures from the government ! they deserved it ! HAAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAH
oops! out of topic.

back to topic!
yes man it would cool if someone from illmuzik blew up.who will be the first that gonna make it ? i think it will be that dude nomics or how is name is from eq entertainment his beats sounds very mature.some nu yok cat will pick a beat from him!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
props on the honesty! i think we've all been there, it sucks doing the poop shuffle into the kitchen for some paper towels! Yeah Nomics was bit by dipset about a year ago (according to a thread back then). I forgot to mention homeboy.. we got mad talent here, but remember blowing up is a lot like sex, sex is a bonus to marriage like blowing up is a bonus to a hobby// either one, taken out of that, becomes ruinous

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
it takes a lot of courage to give up on something your so good at. much respect

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
P-Gyal - I feel ya. Your talent and your music are always gonna be a part of you so do what's in ya heart and live your life the way you want. Theres no doubt the Ill fam loves you. To the rest - there's mad talent up in here and I think there are some really musically gifted mc's & producers reppin the Ill, so I got no doubt that one or more cats from here is gonna blow up. Stay up y'all and keep crankin out the beats!

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
I'm tired of the cliche "that depends how you define success." We all know that. Just take it in the context of how it's said and quit being a smart ass. In my opinion, success is happiness. But if I'm talking about a successful career, you know what I mean.

I mean making beats for a variety of emcees and getting paid well to do it. Most likely no one will reach Just Blaze status, but I could easily see Hoppa being a known name on the underground scene, and guys like Beatz101 and Holmz and really dozens others on here getting gigs left and right on cool sized projects.

How you define success will determine how far you go in this business.
Stating an opinion based on experience and also success stories of people who I know personally is not being a smart ass.

To get to the point: There are so many different ways to make money in the music business as a producer/beatmaker that half of the members of illmuzik.com could have successful careers (based on talent) if they were only plugged into the right people.

You define success as making beats for different MC's and getting paid good for your services. I can respect that, but the reality is a lot of producers that you hear on the radio have a day job in between projects because they may be signed to a production company that ain't paying them or they let the track go for free, just to get their name out there.

To me, making beats strictly for MC's is a hit-or-miss type of situation, especially if you ain't connected. There is more steady work in licensing your tracks to tv, film, commercials, and video games. Those types of producers may not be "famous" like Jus or Kanye, but they still win Grammys, make tons of money, and they can live a normal life.
Think outside the box.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fair enough.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I could definitley see some one like Haze or MarkN blowing up in the UK. I feel that true talent can shine through over here, the scene is just waiting for more dope producers to come through.

members online