When you first started producing

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I first started seriously in 92 with a roland r-8 drum machine and a dj/mixer/sampler and a fostex 4 track. I have sold a few beats, mostly to up and coming labels. I guess the biggest accomplishment was hearing one of my songs on the radio during prime time. I have been through various hardware pieces(asr-10, asr-x pro, korg n364) and currently all my production is done on the computer with fl studio, soundforge, and Sonar.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
I started doin' beats in 1999

My first piece of equip was a Zoom 123. Somebody stole that shit! Fuckin' idiots, its only worth about 70 bucks used.

Now im usin' FL, Oxygen 8, n' Cool Edit. Gonna copp a mpc one day.

Accomplishments......none really on a financial level. Im repected for my craft around my way. People say im talented and i should take it more seriously. So i guess my accomplishment would be having the title "Musician" under my belt. I got alotta love for the craft, but at this time in my life i need to make this paper.

blak flame

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i started makin' beats when i was 13 back 2000.

i used this cheap k-mart computer called a bluelight...(it's some cheap shit but it can do what i need it to do) i was usin' fruity loops and cool edit.

now i have that same computer and i'm usin' reason 2.5, cubase vst 5, and adobe audition.

my biggest accomplishment was probably when i was offered a production deal out in philadelphia, because that let me know i was gettin' good and people were listenin'.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i started in like 2001 maybe, with ACID hip hop lol, moved to Fruity Loops then i got my MPC like 2 years ago and since then ive been really serious about it

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1. started producing and makin music in 2000

2. first got a hold of acid 2.0, then found Fruity Loops, and now ive moved on to Reason 2.5 and a midi keyboard

3. actually been decent for the last couple years i guess, since i started takin to more serious

4. self produced a full length lp, joined up with two different groups and started producing tracks for that, workin on a 2nd cd, and met a lot of real chill people along the way...

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
I started Producing March Of This Year

I started Off with Fl 4 and i now use Reason 2.5,Reecyle,Adobe Audition, Lots Of Vst;s and my Turntables

I have Been Featured In a Producer Compilation album and currently working on my crew's album and might get picked up by a promoter...but not really anything big acomplished yet , just trying to get better and make something happen

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I believe it was sometime around '96. I was 16 yrs. old and, like most of us, needed something to rap to.
I used Cool Edit 96. Man, was that a cheap prog. It's cool cuz i made the best of it. Samples. I had a CD player with headphones and placed the headphones to the computer's microphone while Cool Edit recorded it. I did the same thing with drums, then just looped 'em. With that giving me the drive to produce, I moved on to find new and better ways to bang out beats.

I've been doin it about 8 years now. The greatest accomplishment so far is the learning part. I've learned a lot since then. Learning new terms and what they mean. Learning how to tweak knobs to get the right sound that i want. Learning that you're only as great as you know you are! I've also had a chance to give a beat to one of my friends to do in a show. That felt cool.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
started in like 2000.

first worked on a yamaha rm1x.

havent accomplished that much so far, although i have worked with loads of cats now, had a few joints on mixtapes, had some shit on radio, nearly finished my first lp, but still got a long way to go.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Started producing towards the end of 1999

Using a program called DJ2000, (lol)

Im gonna say im about 5 years deep now.

Nothing to show for it but ive learned alot and come a long way, even though i got more miles to.

members online