Where are all the Mpcs????

GET2THAPAPER

Producer{CEO@Get2ThaPaper}
MPC pads r better
They r the originators basically
Use what u use
I have Maschine, the Beat Thang, and MPC. I like drum machines and hardware/software. Times can change and workflow but don't 4 get the King(M P C !z M V P)

GET2THAPAPER

Producer{CEO@Get2ThaPaper}
Im riding w the Beat Thang. Im killin tracks w this. Crazy Drums on this Beat Thang for real. The kits I make r crazy. Nobody has my drums bcus I created the kicks, snares, hats etc

Attachments

• RH.jpg
    RH.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 190

OriginalNoGuru

Struggles of Dad - by OldBones - due Dec 2016
I'm seriously considering picking up an MPC500 for messing in the living room when the kids are in bed...
Been looking for a small groovebox to play with for a while...
Circuit is up there right now but keep coming back to the MPC500...

Won't replace Maschine... But hopefully they'll complement each other.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I haven't used my Maschine in a good while. I went back to FL studio due to its ease of automation and better time stretching capabilities (in my opinion) Maschine is a great tool....but I've gone through 3 of them....pads aren't good and the knobs kept shorting out.....So yeah...I kinda ditched it...LOL

OriginalNoGuru

Well... MPC500 should arrive Tues/Weds.
It's maxed out 128mb memory and is coming with a 32Gb CF card.
I'm stoked!

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
got a quick question, whats the quality like sampling from spotify/itunes to an mpc like the 2000xl?

is it advisable do so?
what are the repercussions of doing so?

got curious again which sparked my interest in buying an mpc2000xl, mainly because i wanted my beats to sound a bit old and classic. Ive been using maschine for quite some time, and noticed that the stems that I bounce from Maschine to Ableton changes too, I was wondering if it does the same if I added an mpc2000xl into my workflow.

any help is appreciated guys.

Last edited:

OriginalNoGuru

got a quick question, whats the quality like sampling from spotify/itunes to an mpc like the 2000xl?

is it advisable do so?

As soon as my MPC500 arrives I'll let you know... My plan is to sample into it from Apple Music via iPad using a Behringer UCA222...

It was supposed to arrive either yesterday or today. Now nearly 7pm and no sign...

OriginalNoGuru

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Going from maschine to a 2kxl will make you want to blow your brains out as you wait and wait for waveforms to "draw"

Haha, I just find that my sounds are a bit too digital, or too thin..tried everything, eq mono lofi even tried that haas effect to make it punchier and heavier. thats why i was thinking about it...

As soon as my MPC500 arrives I'll let you know... My plan is to sample into it from Apple Music via iPad using a Behringer UCA222...

It was supposed to arrive either yesterday or today. Now nearly 7pm and no sign...

ahhh, i know that feeling...
lemme know tho!

The 500 is faster then the 2kxl

arent the converters different on the 500?
correct me if im wrong tho, isnt the converter on the 2k and xl responisble for the color that you get out of it?...

its the whole reason im thinking of purchasing one...(but sampling from the internet)

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Haha, I just find that my sounds are a bit too digital, or too thin..tried everything, eq mono lofi even tried that haas effect to make it punchier and heavier. thats why i was thinking about it..

arent the converters different on the 500?
correct me if im wrong tho, isnt the converter on the 2k and xl responisble for the color that you get out of it?...

its the whole reason im thinking of purchasing one...(but sampling from the internet)

Well all MPC's are digital samplers so they will sound digital as well. The 2000xl is actually VERY clean, the MPC's with the lofi sound you are looking for would be the MPC60 or the MPC3000 but those work even slower. What you can do in Maschine in 30 seconds will take 30 minutes+ on those old MPC's. Maschine does have an MPC60 mode that helps. Have you tried a virtual tape machine plugin like Slate virtual tapes http://www.slatedigital.com/products/virtual-tape-machines/ or Uhe's Satin https://www.u-he.com/cms/satin both would help. Seriously I have owned many MPC2KXL's over the years, and while the pads are great, and its nice to have. I can not imagine using one again.

Also I found this article very helpful in understanding the MPC "sound" http://www.attackmagazine.com/features/interview/roger-linn-swing-groove-magic-mpc-timing/ I can even get it out of just Reason these days. In fact this song

that I made years ago was me pushing Reason to try and get the MPC sound. I think that song is all Reason 4, but listen to the drums, they sure sound like they could have come out of an MPC.

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Well all MPC's are digital samplers so they will sound digital as well. The 2000xl is actually VERY clean, the MPC's with the lofi sound you are looking for would be the MPC60 or the MPC3000 but those work even slower. What you can do in Maschine in 30 seconds will take 30 minutes+ on those old MPC's. Maschine does have an MPC60 mode that helps. Have you tried a virtual tape machine plugin like Slate virtual tapes http://www.slatedigital.com/products/virtual-tape-machines/ or Uhe's Satin https://www.u-he.com/cms/satin both would help. Seriously I have owned many MPC2KXL's over the years, and while the pads are great, and its nice to have. I can not imagine using one again.

Also I found this article very helpful in understanding the MPC "sound" http://www.attackmagazine.com/features/interview/roger-linn-swing-groove-magic-mpc-timing/ I can even get it out of just Reason these days. In fact this song

that I made years ago was me pushing Reason to try and get the MPC sound. I think that song is all Reason 4, but listen to the drums, they sure sound like they could have come out of an MPC.

Man, I can definitely count on you to talk me out of something, i dont know if you remember but you and @Pug did it to me before on an old thread with the same topic....HAHA

OriginalNoGuru

Little MPC arrived yesterday so last night I made a beat in the livingroom after the baby had been put to sleep.
Definitely a slower process than Maschine - (sure there's an easier way) saving seems overly complex - 12 levels is nice.

This video was with sounds that the seller left on the CF card - I need to fill a card with my own sounds ASAP.

Was satisfying though still!

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Little MPC arrived yesterday so last night I made a beat in the livingroom after the baby had been put to sleep.
Definitely a slower process than Maschine - (sure there's an easier way) saving seems overly complex - 12 levels is nice.

This video was with sounds that the seller left on the CF card - I need to fill a card with my own sounds ASAP.

Was satisfying though still!

good video man, I remember choosing the Roland SP 404SX over that mpc 500, there was something that put me off buying one.. i cant remember...I think its because of the fx that the sp404sx has.

Ha h, what did we talk you out of last time?

Getting an mpc or asr 10, Haha Its just becoming an occasional itch that i cant scratch...

members online