Which one to get??>>>Triton Extreme vs. Roland Fantom vs. Yamaha Motif <<<

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I wouldnt do the Triton even the Extreme model, that thing is the freak in high school........everybody done got up on it. Motif or Fantom is the way to go. I love the Motif for its sounds, but the Fantom has my heart because I'm in love with dem, like Tpain and strippers dogg. Just my opinion....

O

open mind

most mentioned from experts is the motif but best thing would be to check them out in music store and then decide after u had sum "touches" on all of em.let your ear decide.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigrob said:
most mentioned from experts is the motif but best thing would be to check them out in music store and then decide after u had sum "touches" on all of em.let your ear decide.

this is true, i JUST copped the motif ES rack earlier today. heres my view on things:

Triton Extreme: very dope piece, great combis, touch screen. Nice Synths (especially with the MOSS), pretty good acoustic stuff.

Roland Fantom: LOTS of synths, bright sounding/very glossy patches (this can be good or bad depending on YOUR sound). The real potential of this board is when you get the expansion cards. If you get those, it would put it over the Motif.

Yamaha Motif: Most realistic acoustic sounds, good synths but not as varied as the Fantom or triton. HOWEVER, you can add multiple synth engines so if youre really into tweaking that could seal the deal.

I chose the Motif since I'm going to be doing quite a bit of R&B and good acoustic samples are expensive while synths are cheap/free. Im sequencing with Cubase so I have softsynths like Reason and Vanguard to make up for the stock synth advantage Roland and Korg have. hope that helps.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
for dope sounds, get that "mo". combine that with a hot sequencer and you're in there fam...(be easy)

members online