Which type of music do you sample the most?

Which type of music?

• Classical

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Rock

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Soul

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • Jazz

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Funk

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters
J

jon jyzzle

ill sample anything thats hot
hell if u cough and i think its hot....... ILL SAMPLE DAT!

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I rock samples from kids songs to soundtracks. At the moment i'm heavy into some spanish guitar and dance records from the 50's. There is also a gold mine in old reggae tracks.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
For me, it depends on the song and what vibe I'm trying to capture. I grew up listening to music of all sorts so my answer is, I'll sample anything and everything that sounds hot. I try not to limit myself to what I will and won't sample. The minute I do that will be the minute I stop growing as an artist. If it's country and it fits what I'm trying to do and it's sounds hot, then I'm going to sample it. I am working on a track right now with a sample from a country artist. And you would never know unless you knew where the sample came from.

O

open mind

mhhh my COOKIE HOMEBOY said that it doesnt matter where the samples come from what country or what genre as long as u feelin it and have an idea with its all good. basicaly i agree what cookie is tellin me (i have to if not he stomps me).

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I'm into shit from France from the 60's and 70s..

M

mrpokal

so far i've been into sampling shit from movie scores. one of the recent beats i did used samples from the basic instinct score and from the 2001 a space odyssey soundtrack

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
so far i've been into sampling shit from movie scores. one of the recent beats i did used samples from the basic instinct score and from the 2001 a space odyssey soundtrack

i've also sampled from 2001. there is so much worth using from that movie that i feel like i could lay down an entire album or two using it

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
damn, sampling classical seems really hard especially considering that violins are completely in different time than the cellos and bassy instruments the majority of time. dunno how to explain it, but it's hard to sync up over drums for me so far.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I sample any and everything that I think will fit what I am working to accomplish.

majestik

ill o.g.
I prefer original

Even though it takes more time, right now I just make beats from scratch. I sit down on my keboard and start with the drums>piano>guitar?>bass--
However, I'm looking into buying a drum machine soon. Any recommendations?