Who is the Dopest DJ on ILL

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Ya I still can get down ..... I dont do any of those new scratches like the crab, flair, ETC ...... But I can make some chit happen with a mixture of my old school scratches ...

Hey Joe,
Nice to meet you, this sounds exactly where Im at, I've been scratchin on turntables since 91, never got too wacky with the crabs and orbits, however I can get down with some musical / rhythmic shit, also some beat juggling and rocking doubles (just flipped doubles of Prince "Kiss" at a party I djd at Saturday night).
My boy Joe is a sick MF scratch dj, he's one of the originators of turntablism, you can check out some of his cuts at www.myspace.com/djtootuff

Rel,
Thanks for the shout, cuttin over a hot beat is one of my favorite things in life, I'll be doing that as long as I'm here on this earth...

EZ
Jay

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Ya I still can get down ..... I dont do any of those new scratches like the crab, flair, ETC ...... But I can make some chit happen with a mixture of my old school scratches .... I just bought new tables awhile back when I came across TORQ ..... kinda made DJ'n fun again ... lol ..... It use to be the only thing I would do when i first started back in the days ..... Kinda jumped right into the scratching after hearing bad boy bill doin it back in the days when I started back in Chicago ...

yo wud u collaberate on a beat or a track wit ur cuts??

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Ya sure ill do some stuff with anyone .... Next 2 weeks ill be packin my house cause i just bought a new one but maybe in 3 weeks ill have some of my equipment setup at new house until i finish the basment and my new studio ...

Hey Relic what u charge to do some drops for my radio station? I seen u do voice tags ....

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Ya sure ill do some stuff with anyone .... Next 2 weeks ill be packin my house cause i just bought a new one but maybe in 3 weeks ill have some of my equipment setup at new house until i finish the basment and my new studio ...

Hey Relic what u charge to do some drops for my radio station? I seen u do voice tags ....

u got an email u can hit me wit well talk on some collabs

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83

Ill hook you up, but Im in the same boat as you, moving! So same as you bout 2-3 weeks I should be good!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
STFU nobody wants to talk to you with ya BB Gun waving it at the camera self!

yet ur the dude watchin me on ur PC in the studio sippin warm milk in ur pajamas wit booties

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Haha it took you long enough to notice that post!

They bunny booties to boot!

Yall doin that tonight?

na P is in alabama lol yea i said it ALABAMA!!!...he suppose to come back this weekend so prolly get it goin either next fri or the fri after..according to stress he should be there for the next one prolly wit buku since he cudnt make the last few studio sessions...did u get sound on ur computeR?

Im still trying to get my head around crabs and flairs too, Im slowely making progress there but not quite good enough yet. Small well placed cuts is what Im trying to acheive, nothing over the top. Dont want to take away from the artists performance on the track. I might just have a mad scratch session this weekend to get the backlog of cuts cleared up.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Fury; said:
na P is in alabama lol yea i said it ALABAMA!!!...he suppose to come back this weekend so prolly get it goin either next fri or the fri after..according to stress he should be there for the next one prolly wit buku since he cudnt make the last few studio sessions...did u get sound on ur computeR?

yeah, but its all loud and distorted, by the time yall finish smokin Im drunk and passed out or bored and doin my own thing, but lemme know cuz Ill tune in anyway!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
yeah, but its all loud and distorted, by the time yall finish smokin Im drunk and passed out or bored and doin my own thing, but lemme know cuz Ill tune in anyway!

dont yell at me

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
F A T H E R T I M E

Well I don't have any videos to post but here's an example of my work...This is a song by Mercury Waters, music by Wings Of An Angel and myself on the cuts (crab'n it, your boy had to dig deep on this one)...its called "Father Time".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=101057&songID=1164244

I gotta say that it was an honor to be a part of this project and I will forever cherish the opportunity. Thanks again Merc and Wings...

much luv,

dac

Thanks a million Dac. Father Time is a beautiful gem & your brilliant scratches have everything to do with it. Absolutely illuminating & profound - your remarkable contribution is greatly appreciated, forever and ever. Many many thanks for doing this. Deepest Blessings.

Respectfully Yours,
Wings of an Angel

Attachments

• 11945373561958662395473gw2.jpg
    11945373561958662395473gw2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 178

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
The pleasure was all mine, Father Time took me to a place that I didn't know existed in me as a DJ. I really had to extend my DJ'ing skills to accomplish some of those scratches. I was asked why I added them in so low...2 reasons, one - I didn't want the scratches to take away from the beat which is so tight, two - I wanted them to be subtle enough that they would fit in and at the same time make the listener really go deep within the lyrics and the music.

The song was genius IMO. Father Time will live forever.

dac