who's da new leader of da roc???

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
now dat jay's layin off who'll take crown an be da voice of da roc? i pretty much listen to erybody on da label so i dont kno but i do kno dat jay did a shout out on kanye's last call, da track kanye calls himself da rudolph da rednose reindeer of da roc. juelz said dat Cam took ova da roc. Bean's is bein quiet rite bout now an alotta ppl like Peedi Crakk an Oskino Sparks are comin out da woodwork. but who's da man to take it?

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
id say there aint one. I think they signed dirt knowin that jay was retire'n and figured odb's name is out there so he can them enough sales till someone steps to the plate to be the man.Bleek was suppose to be gettn ready to step up for a while but he i dont think he can fill the spot.But jay will prolly be like Tooshort and never really retire lol.Plus right now kanye is doin it for em.
Peace

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
MOP

TrustNo1

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
are u guys crazy? its obviously gotta be Beanie (if he stays free) or Memph Bleek, they been doin the biggest business and are most prominent. plus Beans is makin the roc enough paper thru state property and Memph has been a soldier forever wit them.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
kanye has the most exposure, the most marketability, the easiest method of representin by producing everyone and they mama, the underground eats him up, mtv is on his nutts, the critics love him, and he has radio on lock. if any of you really believe beanie, memph, crack or (MOP? you got to be joking....) anyone else (how the hell did jean grae wind up in her? that was just a rumor.) for that matter, you really dont understand what it means to be "the man". no one else can do the things that he does with the level of visability it takes to carry the torch. no one else has those elements.

TrustNo1

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ya but for real, kanye can't hold it down lyrically. i dont think he has enough staying power to be the main man. hes got this year cuz hes killing it with the album, but to me, he doesn't have enough depth. i think the sophomore album wont do as well as college dropout

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
really...non of them...the closest is memphis bleek or beans...jay z just appeals to the masses better than any of them...beans if grimey as hell...although i like him, freeway gets on your nerves after the 4th song in a row you listen to him cuz of his voice...memphis is the next in line and the one who only has the potential to appeal to different groups...

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by N.U.G.
Kanye Muthafuccin West!

I second that (he has Jay's ego)

I thought Beans was supposed to be the quiet one? Besides he could never be leader because he's too hotheaded. (not good leadership material)

Bleek is too much of a sidekick.

Ommilio sparks? Pass whatever you smokin'

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well kanye really dont got as much exposure as most of them. but he is luved undaground and mainstream. his lyrics prolly aint strong enuff like trust no1 said. da industry is kinda changin now tho cuz dey got producers goin fo da crown.

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
Personally, im bout sick of hearin Jays bullshit anyway... Same this Same that..
Tha this Tha That My this my that Who gives a F*ck... But before he goes
Nas need s to rip his ass off and put it where his lips used to be ..:clap:

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THAT SHiP iS SiNKiNG...iTS EViDENT EVEN iN THE FACT THAT EVERYoNES SCRAMBLiNG To FiND SoMEoNE To "LEAD" THE LABEL, iSNT THAT THE CEo'S JoB, iSNT JAY A CEo, THATS THE PRoBLEM WiTH A LoT oF "iNDEPENDENT" LABELS, THEiR BUiLT ARoUND SiNGLE ARTiST AND WHEN YoUR ARTiST GoES DoWN AND YoU HAVE NoTHiN BUT RoLE PLAYERS oN YoUR RoSTER THEN YoURE GOiNG To BE ASSED oUT.CiTY.

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
How can yall say that Kanye West is the leader? That kid can make beats but cant rap for shit. MOP is the leader.

oh yeah and forget those young guns, they are a little wet behind the ears . MOP!!!!