Who's your Fav. prod. and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORFEEUS

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Slept On Dude

my favorite producer/musician of all time is not in the HIP HOP RAP GENRE but it would be PRINCE .... how many producers out there can play almost EVERY INSTRUMENT in the production they made......from horns to keys to sample to vocals and ETC

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
pharrell samples alot by the way. even if its interpolated, its still sampling

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
MORFEEUS said:
my favorite producer/musician of all time is not in the HIP HOP RAP GENRE but it would be PRINCE .... how many producers out there can play almost EVERY INSTRUMENT in the production they made......from horns to keys to sample to vocals and ETC

its true lol but even though he is a well respected artist, he needs to get out of his castle to see whats outside (2006) cuz I have his last album recently and .... lol . Unfortunately not for me. I just loved 1 ballad or 2... but overall, as a musician and all the genre he can do, Respek.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
its true lol but even though he is a well respected artist, he needs to get out of his castle to see whats outside (2006) cuz I have his last album recently and .... lol . Unfortunately not for me. I just loved 1 ballad or 2... but overall, as a musician and all the genre he can do, Respek.
Prince wouldnt be Prince if he didnt go completely left of what everybody else is doing

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just tought i should mention the heatmakerz they produce most of dipset shit..

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
i have too many that i feel ,but of all i would have to say j dillia for gone ones and currently it would have to be the 2 who been in the game for a while Primo and Dr Dre.

Those 2 are legendary and also not afraid to go the next level when it comes to producing
plus! they just keep it basic and that somthing most producers forget! where all came from
is the DJ.

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its hard to say one... i got go with rza, premier, and just blaze

alchemist and havoc get honorable mention

oh and mutha fuckas act they they forgot about dre

KidWork

ill o.g.
Me, Dr.Dre (he is also a great engineer), Manny Fresh (Cmon he did all that Cash Money ish everyone banged out once in there life), Scott Storch (He goes under the Dre Column cuz he is part of that upbringing)

All these guys are great producers as well as engineers...u gotta be able to do both cuz lets face it...evrybody makes beats

ohh i also like HAVOC from mobb deep he's got tight dark shit

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
RAWKAS said:
I would have to go with timbaland. His snares are so crisp and clean. You gotta love the akward sounds he leaves out and than dosen't throw in until bout 30 seconds before the song goes off. Of course Just Blaze but I gotta go with the HeatMakers too. I dig they drum patterns.

Timb is the shit. his farty bass sound is what I try to emulate. Hi tek too.

But the MASTER is the cut chemist : production, and ninja turntablism

YoungDecadeZ

ill o.g.
Timbaland is the greatest producer to me ... because he is so innovative.. Alot of people dont even know that he samples...because it sounds so original when he does it..damn timbalands the man

carlinitroso

ill o.g.
Sanova said:
pharrell samples alot by the way. even if its interpolated, its still sampling

interpolated?

anyway pharrell, just blaze, primo, 9th wonder, and kanye west are my favorite producers

and myself.

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
madlib, he know how to build new worlds with his beats.

and of course jay dilla, rza, wajeed, j rawls. on some real, i like producers who can make instrumental compositions...not just empty beats. oh, and pete rock...who took it to that next level before madlib n dilla...

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I thought I'd use this board to say Fuck Jermaine Dupri. Some may call me a hater but hes definately not my fav. producer. I love how he jacks other peoples rythms and then uses a subtly changed melody from another popular song. This cat really makes me laugh, but then I sit back and say hes makin more money than probly 90% of all producers today?

Status
Not open for further replies.