Who's your Fav. prod. and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
kanye for how he takes the sample to the next level.... his blending of live instrumentation with samples is amazingly inspiring. not to mention his albums are classic.

just blaze for his energy and drums he brings to all his work,, breathe track is one of the hardest beats he's produced for any artist outside the roc. when he brings it he shuts is down..

neptunes chords and creativity and willingness and instict to break the rules is jus freeing and challenign to match. but keeps me motivated..

jazze pha musicality is genuis and what he brings to the table as a producer is hard to fuk with..

jd i mean shut it down this year as far as the charts and radio play counts... that cant be overlooked wither theres a reason he so succesfull and its not luck.

swiizz beats gets an honarble mention jus for his drum patterns which are bananas and bring the club energy up..

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
organized noise are grown men, the good doctor has good ears, neptunes way out musicians, dilla, blaze is on fire,

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
ShortFuze said:
Hate to beat a dead horse but dat nigga Just Blaze is a monsta!!! His sampling and chops are crazy and he can fit his shit to different styles and genre and make hits.

I heard this joint this weekend that sounded like Redman off a Just Blaze beat. That shit was bananas!!! Anybody know what i'm talkin bout?

Ha,, Found that joint Its Rhymefest's joint called Dynomite prod. by Just Blaze

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Elementree said:
I'm drunk, so once again ill have to say the neptunes. Their beats were so progressive, they really changed the face of hip-hop. Premeir is a great producer too. I think RZA and Premier were some of the greatest producers. I just reall;y feel that hip-hop is evolving now so we have to give credit to all the cats who are changing the sound and evolving hip hop, like the heatmakers, kanye

If you hadn't wrote you were drumk no one would have guessed... props... (LOL)

Anyways... My two top picks are the Neptunes and Organized Noize... Both have their feel and experiment a lot with things creative sounds and concepts... Those are the ones I aim to sound like (or surpass, in my wildest dreams)

Dre is just a legend, but what is real nice in my opinion, with his beats is the "sound engineering" (dont know if there is another term for that)... The way the beat sound, the way the kick thump, etc... so I would like to sound like him too.

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I really like ANT. I think his production on Brother Ali's "Shadows On The Sun" is top notch.
He is also amazing on the new Atmosphere LP.

DJ Premier is the man too. I just picked up "Daily Operation" not too long ago and it blew my mind! I mean, this album is from 1992, even before Biggie's debut. In 1992 nobody was producing shit like Premier. I mean I mention "Ready To Die" because that album, to me, symbolizes a new era in hip-hop production. I mean Mo Bee and all other contributing producers laced that album so tight.

I also like Kanye West (on the production side). I like many of his productions, buit I'm not a huge fan of his raps.

Pete Rock is nice too and I really dig most of 9th Wonder's stuff.

bisit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I really like Timabland and Just Blaze. When Timb came in it was like he changed everything completely and I think Just is kinda doing the same thing.

bootl3g

ill o.g.
rick rock - makes them hyphee beats that gets shit banging

mike mosley - procuded a lot of bay area artist and some 2pac tracks

droop-e - very young producer that it doing big things

ant banks - did a lot of old school tracks

tone capone - for all the mobb music you can ride too

suge knight - just for creating the drama of hip-hop/rap history with death row
the rise and fall of the music empire (hence all the changes and producers you see now)
2pacalypse

theres virtually too many to many good producers name (mostly independant labels and companys), i don't think anyone here mentioned any of the people i listed above

just some california flavor

keep it bangin

bootl3g

ill o.g.
daz dillinger had heat back in the day with beats like ambitionz as a ridah but he fell off the scene for a minute i guess

e-a ski got some good songs out on the radio as well

from oakland to frisco to vallejo to hayward to sac to bay to everywhere else we aint heard of

gotta keep the old school mob music grimey type beats alive

i been hearing too much bullshit lately we need to turn it up a notch

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Who's youre favorite producer and why?

Just curious who you guys look up to and why? I like the great dr. dre, for his ill drum sounds and raw melodies. I like hi-tek for his smooth thick bass lines, and rockwilder's hard hitting party joints, just to name a few. Those are just a few producers that get me hyped up when I listen to their beats, and make me hit my mpc immediately to create something hot..... What about ya?

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
My fav. right now is Just Blaze. I like how this guy can take a sample and just flip it so crazy you dont even want to try it yourself. Just Blaze had some of the livest drums out, listen to how he uses crashes. He also a great DJ who can scratch crazy. PSA and Breathe are two of my favorite tracks from Blaze. And from what i hear, blaze is also good to work with in the studio. he know how certain hiphop track should sound.

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I agree with you Just Blaze is on fire. I forgot the name of that track he did for fat joe on his last solo album, but those were some of my favorite drum sounds from blaze. Since the beginning to the end the drums had me going. I also like "breathe". He's definitely up there on my list aswell. Anyone else out there that can add to this? Who do ya like?

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey if there was I didnt catch it. This is my first time back on the site for a while, but anyways who do you like?

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sorry to ask this but who have they made tracks for? I just want to know if I've herd theire stuff already. I'am talking about Evil D and Mr.Walt.

S

serious?

i like....................................................................................... yo' mama hahahaha
why ask why
i dont know why

Vell

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
9th wonder. i just love how smooth his samples sound. i think he is still using fl studio.
o yeah i forgot that kid neo tha matrix or some like that. he did the mic check beat for juelz

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
serious? said:
i like....................................................................................... yo' mama hahahaha
why ask why
i dont know why

anyway. i like scott storch

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online