Why do you believe in religion?

T

The Arkitekt

I saw Religulous yesterday, it was mad funny (the Scarface clip LOL) and it made a shitload of good points that were true... especially the end.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
The Korean War? Vietnam?

I don't remember anything religious about those conflicts.....But I could be wrong....

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
If you liked religulous, I highly recommend The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Awesome book.

Wish I hadn't missed this thread till this late, but my arguments have already been said by others.

Wish I had time to read all of these 7 pages lol damn. Props to people for remaining civil too.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If you liked religulous, I highly recommend The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Awesome book.

Wish I hadn't missed this thread till this late, but my arguments have already been said by others.

Wish I had time to read all of these 7 pages lol damn. Props to people for remaining civil too.

Cosign, this is a good read.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*EDIT:
Ive uploaded the E-Book version incase anybody else wants to check it out some time.

http://rapidshare.com/files/209296483/Richard_Dawkins_The_God_Delusion.pdf
------------------------------------------------------------------------

T

The Arkitekt

The Korean War? Vietnam?

I don't remember anything religious about those conflicts.....But I could be wrong....

Yea, I wouldnt think of Asians to start shit over religion. Although I think a good part of it is BS, Buddhism is like the only sensible religion

And 5th, i'll def peep that book if I get a chance

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
war is always political, religion is used as a weapon to get the people behind the political war.

I'm aware of that...

But I don't recall anything religious being discussed about those two conflicts.....

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
The Korean War? Vietnam?

Fair enough, though they were based on a pretty misguided ideology which amounts to pretty much the same thing.

But yeah it's true not ALL wars are based on religion and some just use it as an excuse.