World Cup Predictions?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
*Official World Cup 2006 Discussion Thread*

England to repeat 66. any takers?

i know you all sweat ronaldinho, but take off your brazil-loving-hats for a minute. England, when healthy, are the deepest team in the tournament. We WILL win.

what do you think?

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
England fans are quite possibly setting themselves up for a bigger fall than usual, i mean take today's game, everyone is happy and rejoicing that england won 1-0, but England didnt score, and no-one is concerned by this???

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Actually, i am quite concerned, personally. However, i think england were quite content with a 1-0 game, and just sat back most of the rest of the match. Its not as if paraguay were ever really knocking.

i take it you arent a huge england fan? or maybe just a realist?

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
not really a football fan but i like watching world cup, just from what ive been hearing from englands last couple of performances i wouldnt exactly have my hopes up, games arent won on paper, ya know what i mean...

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A B said:
not really a football fan but i like watching world cup, just from what ive been hearing from englands last couple of performances i wouldnt exactly have my hopes up, games arent won on paper, ya know what i mean...

thats true. on the other hand this is supposed to be the best change weve had since 66, so i hope we can make the best of it.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i think we have it in us to win, we have got the best team on paper by far, but we did play shit yesterday....but then again sweden coulnt score against trinidad with ten men! so i cant see us having problems getting throught the groups....

ENGLAND TO WIN 4-0 against germany in the final!!!!

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
if england won, would there still be talk of the 1966 win? i mean dudes talk about it like it was yesterday lol. but i want england to win, really, i think its about time the cup came to a nation that loves football this much.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Haze47 said:
i think we have it in us to win, we have got the best team on paper by far, but we did play shit yesterday....but then again sweden coulnt score against trinidad with ten men! so i cant see us having problems getting throught the groups....

ENGLAND TO WIN 4-0 against germany in the final!!!!

its a shame england will have to play brazil before the final... that should be the real final right there.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
watch brazil they got the best squad and they got the no.1 ranked player in the world (Ronaldihno not good spelling) Germany isl ooking tough but brazil is there every cup and by the way if ur picking england to do damage im sorry to hear that...

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I am picking england to do damage, although i may be thinking inrealistically. Ronaldinho is amazing. whenever england plays brazil, its basically a battle of different styles. and the brazillian style seems to put the ball in the net... but this year?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
ColossusBeatfix said:
I am picking england to do damage, although i may be thinking inrealistically. Ronaldinho is amazing. whenever england plays brazil, its basically a battle of different styles. and the brazillian style seems to put the ball in the net... but this year?
This year there gonna be crazy...even there squad in the junior world cup wuz stacked..ronaldo is still sharp Ronaldinho is the best in the world and they got one of the quickest offenses

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Having just watched the brazil croatia game, i am struck by two things: one, brazil sometimes looked very vulnerable on the defensive end, and two: i think croatia will take second in the group.

that said, brazil still looks like the best team in the tourney.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Yeah I was kinda shocked too. It seemed to me that they weren't even playing for real. They were really weren't doin much on the offensive end. If those shots on goal by Croatia had a little curve on them and weren't shot directly at the goalie, the score would of been like 3-1. Austrailia has a chance at second though. You see there game? 3 goals in like 8 mins.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^yeah that was amazing. This group is strong, considering the worst team is japan. tough draw for the croatians or australians, whoever doesnt make it.