Digging Wudge-U-Cop-While-Digging-Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
DueceMade Ent. said:
I thought this thread would be a cool place to shout out what you got in tha record shop today diggin for samples!....Im almost religiously thumbin through tha bargain bin now-a-days every weekend lookin for somethin that might be dope....So i jus thought id share what i found, and yall can hollar if you got some good shit...Word. Well lets hear what ya got!?

Yesterday i copped:

Bill Cosby - "200 mph" - 50 cents
(only a few scratches on this one so u kno i was stoked cuz cosby's a funny mutherfucker!)

Blood Sweat and Tears - "more than ever" - 1.99
(this one happened to be in pristine condition so i was mad stoked....:D)

and my diamond in tha ruff....
Donald Fagen - "the nightfly" - 1.99
(this ones gonna be hot as hell!...For all a yall who dont kno, Fagen has got some tight ish man!)...Shhhhh!.....

That's cool,
I've got a Bill Cosby - Silverthroat he's singin on that junk! Crazy stuff.
What's even crazier is this...I've got this old Billie Holliday album with a extra record that came with it that has various recordings of different people for the testing of stereo. Now what's crazy about that is on this record is a very brief recording of Charles Manson (screaming) it's eerie!!!!!!!

Royal said:
Last Time I went diggin I got:

Yes - Drama
Curtis Mayfield - Short Eyes O.S.T.
The Mystic Moods Orchestra - Love the One Your With
Chocolate Milk - Action Speak Louder than Words
Gap Mangione - Self-Titled
Blood, Sweat and Tears - Self-Titled

...all of them were $1.

-Roy

Hey Royal,
I've got some Yes too! Those were some ill boys!

DueceMade Ent. said:
Shit, i forgot i started this last year so i had to dig it up....Yeah Joe - that D.Fagen is gem on the under....I really shouldnt have posted that one in hear, thats onea my older secret weapon records...lol....Ill post new grabs soon....im going shoppin nex week!

Yo, Donald Fagen and Steely Dan is the sure shot!! I love the moody keys they use. You gotta have your sample chops ready to craft some gems from them! I likes the way you diggin son! Keep it up!

-DJ X-sinna

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Hell yeah X - That Fagen record was my favorite drum samples to date....The kicks, snares, and hats are all prime pickings....I love that record...

Just picked up a goodie today, im gonna sample the hoe as soon i get my turntable set back up so that she doesnt blow my speakers again!....I copped: "The aldrich family, live on NBC", and another sick one - Alfred Hitchcock, Ghost Stories....Gheaaahhh!

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
The last couple of records that i got were as follows:

Billy Preston
The Trammps (just wanted this one)
The ventures
Duncan Sisters

And a couple of other lp's that i cant think of right now coz im at work. I got this place that i frequently go to that got records for days. Decent prices too. Just not very organized as i would like it to be.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
Just got back from the record store.... heres what i got....

GEORGE DUKE
THE PINK PANTHER MOVIE SCORE
KWAME (not the rapper but some raggae shit)
THIRDWORLD (Some raggae shit)

I wanted to get more but this dude was listenin' to like 100 records and i couldnt get a listen in. well back to the lab with these gems.

rob-beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hustle Hits Disco Duck & Others: How to Hustle
Coke Escavedo: Coke
a couple old hip hop records with instrumentals and acapellas
some old orchestra stuff (mostly stuff with old electronic synths)
russian children's choir
old marching band
trumpet orchestra
a couple smokey robinson records

24 records total $24.00 :)

i havent had a chance to listen to them yet but i'm sure i'll find some cool ish.

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
jean pierre rampal a festival of flute concerts
the world of the balalaika
the fabolous osipov
kamarinskaya
the wonderful world of the classics
beats & breaks vol. 1
120 music masterpieces
sir thomas beecham, bart.

total cash spent... 4 bucks

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
yea man that was a super deal... i have a shop i go to, but i found them in the paper. a couple was tryin' to get rid of some records.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yesterday i got

spyro gyra-catching the sun

musical apreciation-die flendermaus

lyons & clark-prisms

noro morales and his orchestra play

piano of joa donato-the new sound of brazil

musical memories of india

music of yugoslavia

ravel bolero

jackie gleason- silk n brass

101 greatest strings

rendezvous in istanbul

the sounds of martin denny- exotica

lure of the tropics

scottish pipes

all for $ 4.27

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
OOoooohhhhh that Jackie Gleason iz gonna be ill bro!....And that Musical Memories of India sounds cool too......Isnt 101 Greatest Strings just the record label?....Cuz i have one of those too, and ive seen that on a lot of records????.......U got some good ones man, i think the scotish pipes might be a hidden gem?!....Right on.:)

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
well it was'nt today about 3 weeks ago found this military record it has all these sound effects of m16's going off missles blowing up, and rockets launching into the air, and the second record that came with it had like all those horn calls they use to wake people up and stuff while marching.

then just found this classical record unopened so i am gonna check that out to.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
x-squizet said:
well it was'nt today about 3 weeks ago found this military record it has all these sound effects of m16's going off missles blowing up, and rockets launching into the air, and the second record that came with it had like all those horn calls they use to wake people up and stuff while marching.

then just found this classical record unopened so i am gonna check that out to.

ooooooh that sounds dope, i need to find me something like that

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Yeah X, thats the goods....I jus copped a really ill record with a bunch of super oldschool radio broadcasts on it and really uptight white people saying rediculously stupid shit in the funniest ways! lol....Im bout to use that as introduction type shit....Ahhhhhh, i love records....lol

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Just copped an autographed copy of George Benson's "Livin' Inside Your Love".

Gangsta.

I also grabbed a few 45's; among them, some early Ruthless Records singles (Dre & Eazy along with Michelle), a handful of George Bensons (including an instrumental to "Open Your Eyes", the song sampled on Common Sense's "The Light", and a handful of other gems... Betty Wright, O.V. Wright, all kinda shit... I can't even think of their names right now.

I'm still drooling over that autographed vinyl. I touch myself at night thinking about it.

Y

yuck

a couple days ago i picked up Grover Washington Jr promo, Ed Ames-love for the common people, and an old john klemmer record...forgot the name, but it had the best samples out of the three...anyway they all were only 85 cents, but i dont have my set up as good as it can be so when i find samples from records i gotta go download the songs i want to use...i usually dont tell people about good artists to sample but im sure alot of you know it already so go cop some john klemmer shit...it is nice, Ant used one of his songs to make the beat for Gods bathroom floor by Atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.