X-men 3

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Maybe I'm a purist... but I didn't really liked it that much... it was entertaining, but they fucked with the storyline too much...

The Pheonix's powers aren't part of Jean Gray's Powers...
The JuggerNaut is Xavier's bro...
There are other things, but I dont want to give too much away!

But some of the things that they changed in the movie are fixed at the end... if you didn'T see the movie yet, stay after the generic, there's a lil teaser... and it seems there COULD be a X-Men 4...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I thought it was fresh as hell. It was more for adults this time around. It had a smart story, some of the story wasn't "exactly" from the comics, but it was fuckin crazy,,that final scene on the island was off the hook. Could of used more x-men. But Ice man was the shit!

2 blunts up.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I missed Angel though. I tought he was the illest one of the bunch. cool as hell

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I loved the movie. I really don't understand why people want movies that are based on books or comic books or whatever to stay with the storyline 100%. If you already have an existing universe in comic books, let's use some creative liscense to make the movie more interesting. Who wants to see the same shit on screen we have already read in the comic book. A twist on the story and a new direction, if done well, is great IMO. I understand purists and all that but that shit can just get plain boring. I am not saying that keeping a movie as close to the written story as possible can't be good. I mean, Lord of the Rings was remarkably close to the novels and it was a great trilogy. But I don't think the little changes that were made in X3 were all that devastating. I mean come on, they were off the storyline from the beginning. The Beast was always there from the beginning in the comics and he was noticeably absent from the first 2 movies. So, all this about changing the storylines is a moot argument because that was apparent when the first movie was released. I think the movie was fantastic. I saw it Thursday night at midnight. My 2 cents.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
dj360_iNfInItE1 said:
I loved the movie. I really don't understand why people want movies that are based on books or comic books or whatever to stay with the storyline 100%. If you already have an existing universe in comic books, let's use some creative liscense to make the movie more interesting. Who wants to see the same shit on screen we have already read in the comic book. A twist on the story and a new direction, if done well, is great IMO. I understand purists and all that but that shit can just get plain boring. I am not saying that keeping a movie as close to the written story as possible can't be good. I mean, Lord of the Rings was remarkably close to the novels and it was a great trilogy. But I don't think the little changes that were made in X3 were all that devastating. I mean come on, they were off the storyline from the beginning. The Beast was always there from the beginning in the comics and he was noticeably absent from the first 2 movies. So, all this about changing the storylines is a moot argument because that was apparent when the first movie was released. I think the movie was fantastic. I saw it Thursday night at midnight. My 2 cents.

nerd alert!!! LOl,,,i feel you,,,mos def

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Definately, that's the best comic movie for me. I never really was into x-man, but i knew a little from the tv series. This one is best of the 3, Great Story, Great Action. It was so well balanced, you feel the characters and the story.

5 Stars for me

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yo.

i thought the movie was aight, a bit cheesy in parts i wish they made greater use of the dudes like angel and colossus but you know. there were parts that were freakin insane tho

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
StressWon said:
nerd alert!!! LOl,,,i feel you,,,mos def

Damn! Why I gotta be a nerd. LMAO! Oh yeah.....I sounded like one. :)

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Naw, man... it's not that they changed the original story, it's that they changed it to simplify some characters that are real interesting originally into some 2nd grade characters...

Juggernaut, Phoenix/Jean Grey, Rogue, Jubilee(yes, she was in the movie) and Charles Xavier... those characters were butchered... specially Charles Xavier and Jean Grey....

I mean, the Pheonix Saga is one of the great parts of the X-Men story... if they couldn't do it, they should have chose another part of the story... (like takine Apocalypse or something)

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
incorporating all of that would be like making a 100hour movie. It's just not possible.

And leaving some of the characters skinny, that's just natural aswell. If you read just one comic book you'll find some characters skinny aswell. It's just that you've read a million x-men comics that you know all the characters well.

Making 1 movie isn't all that easy to incorporate all material. I think they succeded over all my expectations

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
The movie was dope!! For those that don't know, Iam McKellan has signed on to do the next movie, titled "Magneto". I'm not sure if they will incorporate the X-Men into that movie, but who knows, maybe they wll deal with other magneto storylines

no, its going to bve a prequel,,,lol(nerd alert),,and Hugh Jackman's production company's first project will be a Wolverine story. Possibly a prequel,,no other X-MEn for either film,,,

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
^^^That's one of the things that bugged me... Cyclops' death... And I know that they could make a 100 hours movie easily with the depth of each character, but what I'm saying is that they could have used another part of the storyline altogether... Why messing the Pheonix' storyline? Normally, there should have been a bunch of aliens coming on earth, with Mastermind and Emma Frost, trying to control her power, etc etc... and even if the story would be with such details, they could have used a part of the story that wasnt as demanding...

like the house of M (moira's story line)
or the age of Apocalypse (with Xavier's son)...