Y'all heard about tracklib?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So that's two people that don't want to use the 2000. I'm sitting here like that kid in class with the answer and the teacher never calls.

Pick Me I Know GIF by Jackie James

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Stona Persona am keeping my MPC 'cause the pads are too good plus it came w/a CF card reader which I know I have neither the skill nor time to install had it been w/o one.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I'm @Fade having too much fun w/my MPK as it's not gonna collect dust.

Frankie_Lee

Beatmaker
I've used Tracklib a bit. It's great for finding legitimate stuff and I like how they're trying to create a browsing experience where you can stumble across something unexpected. I do sometimes feel that their catalogue is a little padded with music that they may have got cheap but isn't really sample-able. There's quite a lot of classical music for example. Not sure how many people sample that.

My main issue is that once you've found a sample and built something you want to release you then have to pay at least $50 for the rights. I mean if I was a professional that seems like a no-brainer as they deal with all the copyright issues. But for someone who gets excited when he's had ten plays on Soundcloud it's hard to justify spending any money on a sample :)

Still it's nice to see someone building something specifically for sample-based music.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've used Tracklib a bit. It's great for finding legitimate stuff and I like how they're trying to create a browsing experience where you can stumble across something unexpected. I do sometimes feel that their catalogue is a little padded with music that they may have got cheap but isn't really sample-able. There's quite a lot of classical music for example. Not sure how many people sample that.

My main issue is that once you've found a sample and built something you want to release you then have to pay at least $50 for the rights. I mean if I was a professional that seems like a no-brainer as they deal with all the copyright issues. But for someone who gets excited when he's had ten plays on Soundcloud it's hard to justify spending any money on a sample :)

Still it's nice to see someone building something specifically for sample-based music.
When I see something like that on other sites where they have a lot of Classical, it's a turnoff. I used to sample that ages ago but if a site fills up their catalog with just something like that, it's a bit of a cop-out rather than putting some quality stuff in there.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22

Revenue share​

Depending on how much of the original song you sample, you share a different percentage of your future revenue. It doesn’t matter how long you use the sample for in your new song – you can loop five seconds for ten minutes and it’s still only five seconds of sample time. The total sample length is also cumulative – it doesn’t have to be a continuous piece.

fk this shit tho, would 4 real only be interesting for like real professional commercial music. Even then id rather learn to play instruments than this shit. just my dumb opinion tho. xd

lol I meant the majority of all the songs that ever came out, or at least the ones the majority heard.
when I posted this a while back the impression I got of it was they had built quite a library of songs that you could sample, even getting stems. The copyright holders have to participate with them, if they dont then they arent part of the database. To be honest I was really interested in it, then forgot about it.

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
I've been having fun with Tracklib so far. I do like that they have every genre of music to sample from and getting a licence easily without waiting from the copyright holders to give you the ok to sample their work. My only issue is that some of the lisences cost $1500 and it sucks if I find a really good sample and I have to pay a large sum of money for it. Most of them only cost $50 at least so there's plenty of cheap lisences to buy.