Your Production Goal

samuelock

I want Funnel Cake.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
This topic may have been discussed many times before..I'm too lazy to search. I digress:

What is your main goal for our production (as to what type of sound/style you want to achieve with your beats...anything else)?

This is a constant, unachievable goal, of course. My goal is to make virtual sound like reality. In that, I mean I want my beats to sound like they're being played live in a sense, while still giving out the vibe of a hip-hop beat. I use mainly VSTs and Fruity Loops, and my goal is to refine my skills enough to give a natural feel to my music.

I strive to create lounge hip-hop, if you will.

----------------------

What about you guys?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
My goal is to be the best that I can be and have fun along the way. I'm truely a hardware man but this fascination with software has me challenged and I like it. I too would like to achieve that "real feel" using software, and the space it saves is allowing me to play around more at home.

Ultimately, I'd like to really define my sound, I want to go back to being sample free but damn it's hard, using samples make the entire process so much easier unless you're just a gifted musician.

Times are hard right now because of the whole music industry situation, I don't believe that they know the direction things are going yet and are kinda just lingering to see what happens. So that will have an effect on everybody thats pushing towards producing for the majors. Meanwhile, right now is the time to up your game and be ready for the next phase.

MOF

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
my goal is to eventually work with everyone that inspired me to begin producing in the first place. loooooooong way to the top of that ladder

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
My goal is to have my beats make your beats jump out of the speakers and bow down to my beats in praise.

Practice practice practice

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I just wanna make music which can invoke emotion, if i could just affect one person on that kind of level id be a happy man. The fact that i could change the way a person felt through my music sounds cool to me.

ronp

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I want to inject that new shit into the old boom bap blueprint. It's all about getting to "my sound".

when I'm there ya'll'll be the first to know.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Good topic! I got a couple of goals...

Become a recording engineer (going to a music college next year).

Work/collab with many different real artists.

Be original with my music, and work to define the type of sound I'm going for (smooth east coast type of hip hop). The rule for me is my music always has to be something I would have wanted to listen to if I wasn't the dude who made it.

Produce many albums with my MC, Remix. Maybe even form a group with him and someone else.

Improve on my writing and spitting game, and really work hard to get a smooth flow.

Be a part of an Indie label to branch out and work on different projects (I got one that has me in consideration).

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i change my goal.. i wanna be one of these cocky, irrational rappers with too much money..

money = happiness

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Collab with as many ILL fam as humanly possible. Bang out tracks by the truck load, stop bullshitting and put my money & mouth where my music is. TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP IN '08 and I ain't the type to creep in silence!

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
if i could make a living out of this, that would be great. but realistically, i just wanna make music that people of any walk, not just underground folks, nod their heads to. that would be dope