8 months and 0 beats made.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
man ive been slackin'!!! no beats in the last 8 months. and dont get me wrong, ive been trying. Ive sat infront of my system alot but havent been able to come up with anything. Ive tried steppin' back and just letting it chill for a bit but still no heat. I've listened to other peoples beats to get me inspired, listened to other forms of music, XM, everything. What the hell is wrong with me? Have i lost the love? I even got a whole big box of dusty 45's sitting in the garage and I didnt even touch it once. Im slippin'!!! y'all got any suggestions for this OG member? any advise is appreciated.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
There are lot of ways you could look at it....I mean 8 months is not a long time but....I always view what I do first as a love, second it keeps some money in my pocket, longest break I ever took may be about 1 month, if you view what you do as a part time art then just as an artist, they always paint or sculpt no matter if there is a buyer, there are easels with half painted ideas all over if you know any, but they stay at it constantly until the masterpiece is put to canvass .....so it seems like you are just enriching yourself with music and at some point when you sit down to put new ideas down it will be fresh and it may even be a completely new sound and approach that you start out with....Good luck

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Wow sounds like your putting a lot of pressure on yourself. Just really try to relax, from reading what you wrote id guess that you were still putting a lot of pressure on yourself during the break you gave yourself. Its hard but just try to really relax and just feel things out without putting pressure on yourself.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Work on your sound library and watch what happens. When u start hearing all the sounds u got u gonna be like damn i wanna do something wit dat. Lately i been banging out skeletons a day and goin back later to finish them. I just hope u get back on your grind. Good luck boo!!

Nicole

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
sit in front of your equipment make simple beat in 10 minutes tops ... let ur friends hear it .. when they tell u how wack it is u will get angry and it will inspire u to make better shit

naw but seriously micssc803 said it .. just build up ur library if ur not creating.. buy a new module/keyboard/vst.. once u hear some new sounds you will start creating some patterns and viola!! u got a beat ... when u aint creatin ... make sure ur stackin up ur arsenal and bringin new sounds /samples to the table

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
misscc803 said:
Work on your sound library and watch what happens. When u start hearing all the sounds u got u gonna be like damn i wanna do something wit dat. Lately i been banging out skeletons a day and goin back later to finish them. I just hope u get back on your grind. Good luck boo!!

Nicole

word work on your sample library!
start choppin, spent your time that way, even if you arent makin beats right now, when you get your feel back you will have a lot of material to make some hot tracks.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
been through it myself. i get times when i'm just not feeling it 4 months at a time. i just don't focus on music when that happens. i mean, i still load up the ipod, and just vibe to old stuff that i like mainly...professional cds. i do that while i'm at work. and when i get home, i just don't touch anything dealing with music at all...no videos nothing. read a book or some shit. then, one day i wake up, like damn, i got nice concept for a track, and then it all comes back.

Jason7564

ill o.g.
Generally when I'm "trying" to produce, I make shitter beats than when I'm just laid back fukkin around on reason lol... the word trying kindve implies ur forcing urself to produce shit n u just shudn't be doing that... if u've got ne problems other than production or shit on ur mind try and get all that cleared up b4 u sit down and try to make a track get everything on ur mind fixed and sorted the fuk out that way when u sit down u can really focus on the beats n not be worrying in the back of ur head about other shit... When I've got shit worrying or bothering me and I "try" producing to cover it up... I sit there for like 5 hours just fukking around playing on the keyboard tryna make some scott storch melody for all that time thinking I suck. Then what's even worse is IVE JUST WASTED 5 FUKKING HOURS ON NOTHING WHEN I COULD BE SORTING OUT OTHER SHIT so yea maybe ur lifes perfect lol n u got no problems, but if u do.... fix the problems then the production.

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Learn different scales... chords...chord progressions....

that will inspire you to make a song in that certain key or whatever it is

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yo grab those 45's and I bet you find something that lights that fire again, it could be a simple loop that you chop the hell out of and its on. I know when I get in a funk, I just grab the turntable and start sampling like crazy. I find that one piece that I slice and dice and goodbye muddy ditch, hello dry road.

O

open mind

maybe its not your thing anymore and u concentrate on other things in your life dont force it.aks yourself what was more important the whole 8month than beatmaking and WHY.people changes passion changes its not a bad thing.really dont force it iam going trough a change too.change is not a bad thing dont lock negative about it.ita all good one love.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Yeah i was thinking on working on my sound library. Ill prolly dust off those 45's and get to work. I was also thinking of picking up sampletank 2. Ive been lagging but i should. anyone know where i can get that for a reasonable price?

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Since March for me but that will change when I move to my new House in November I feel very cramped in the Apartment im in and with the New house I will have 1 room thats a dedicated Studio so if that dont Motivate me I duno what will

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Yo, i'm having SO MUCH SLUMMMMPPPPPPPPPPS it's crazy and I'm use to it. It seems that I make a tight beat and I'm in a slump for like a month, than i make a tight beat and it goes on. It's like i can't put 2 bangers in a row. But yo, just try to make 1 beat.

Start with some great drums and a great pattern. Save it. And everyday just come and add some thing, work around it, might to this for 2 weeks, a month doesn't matter. Just try to get THAT beat out your system.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
But man! Before this slump i was at it everyday. I made beats like the dope man made crack. I dont know what happened though. I just stopped. havent digged in 8 months, sometimes i sit infront of my system and end up playing ps2. i wont even know how i got there. lol. ah well.

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
i have been in a lil slump myself it has not been 8 months but its been like 3 or 4 strong it might not even be a slump i just have not been inspired to even make a track i got a lot of dust on the equiptment rite now ,i work 10 hours a day 6 days a week and have 3 kids and 1 of them just turned one so my time is limited i need a kick in the ass or something lol but i will never stop