Afghanistan.. To Be There or Not To be There..

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
Man Listen,

If all your going to do is post links from an extreme left-wing rag of a "news" organization I'm not even going to waste my time trying to refute what you posted, and to make it perfectly clear I read the first sentence of your post and saw more Partisan talking points and stopped reading then I saw your "sources" and it pretty much confirmed my thinking.

I'm just going to tell you straight up for future reference, I'm not going to waste my time reading posts that regurgitate the party line. I can get that from talkingpoints memo, daliykos, slate, huffingtonpost, MSNBC, CNN, etc. for the left wing side of things and for the right side of things I can get it from FOX, Redstate, powerline blog, hotair, the Weekly Standard, National Review, etc.

Now you want a legitimate reason to say I have a rant, okay here is one.

I'm so sick of the yellow journalism in this country of having to read foreign news papers and 15 different freaking articles about the same topic to figure out what the hell is actually going on it makes my blood boil. So I'm not even going to waste my time reading something that regurgitates the same non-sense.

This whole Dem vs. Rep Left-wing vs Right wing, is a bunch of fucking bullshit only meant to divide us. So you have to a make a decision either follow the same two headed dragon off the same cliff that each of them are currently driving us over, or get with the program and realize that special interest runs the show and we are just pawns. Your choice.

And just for shits and giggles, we had Osama in our sights when Clinton was president and Clinton decided to NOT give the kill order. And just for more giggles, when the Reps had the majority they didn't have a super majority where they could ram-rod anything they wanted through. Even at the peak of their majority they still needed 5 dems to pass what ever legislation the prez wanted because it takes 2/3 of a majority of the senate for a law to pass the senate. And no what was passed by the congress was Congress delegating their powers to the Executive Branch. Congress all voted to go into Afghanistan, both Dems and Reps.

And lets just put it this way let's just agree to disagree on politics and not go there, don't start shit with me about it and I won't continue the shit back. If you don't like my opinion fine just ignore it. But don't let this stupid disagreement about politics affect other discussions on other topics on the board.

We'll just agree to disgree okay?

ok, no answers to the questions.

extreme left wing? extreme? lol. what is your definition of extreme?

if you had bothered to read the actual quotes and pdfs at the link you would know i'm pointing to real things. the refusal of troops is widely known. refusing to acknowledge that fact is denying the truth. using the excuse that they're from 'left wing/right wing', even when backed by truth, is your problem. the things the generals asked for, the troop numbers, the statements by mccain are all available. bush finally promised in 2008 to increase the numbers

it's funny how you rail against the international community but mention their papers/sites, as if they don't have political leanings as well.

you keep trying to turn this into dem vs repub, nice distraction. we're talking troop deployment by bush/cheney, not the move to go to afghanistan, something many folk agreed with, so i don't know why your mentioning the vote to go to afghanistan. there were dissenters from both parties for both wars, but we're not talking about that.

it's weird, why would the things in here carry over to other threads not related to this subject? and why is it that if we possibly disagree about politics not discuss/debate/argue in a thread about politics? are we supposed to agree?

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ok, no answers to the questions.

I think that the internet needs to learn that no one owes anyone an answer to a question just because they've asked it...

It's an opinionated topic, true. But to assume that you know what goes on in foreign wars and the political motives behind it with no real-world experience just looks silly to everyone else...

I'm not sure that you see this, but it's the truth.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
I think that the internet needs to learn that no one owes anyone an answer to a question just because they've asked it...

It's an opinionated topic, true. But to assume that you know what goes on in foreign wars and the political motives behind it with no real-world experience just looks silly to everyone else...

I'm not sure that you see this, but it's the truth.

he wanted me to be specific, so i asked him about certain things he said. i never stated that he had to answer anything.
how a simple statement gets interpreted as a demand or a belief that i feel i'm owed an answer is beyond me. it wasn't even the main focus of the post

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
your name doc? check again. it's not my fault you mistook doc for dac. i thought the subsequent quoting of some one that wasn't you might have given an idea who i was talking about

my bad 7th, I was tripping on that because it struck me odd that you'd get at me like that. Anyway that was my mistake.

Peace King,

dac

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Every word here is an OPINION. U can find websites, books etc etc to try and back your opinion but at the end of the day it's still an opinion to me. IN MY OPINION...lol some of the opinions here carry more weight than others but that's my OPINION. There are some very intelligent people weighing in here. There are also some that seek FACTS thru published articles which more than likely aren't facts at all. How easy would it be to lead you astray with the news, websites, books and published articles? A few people who have posted there OPINIONS have some what first hand knowledge of how these wars have played out so far and are playing out.

If you haven't served your country GO SERVE IT! There are some horror story's yet to be told me friends, trust me on that. This shit is not a playstation, xbox or wee video game. If you're were in the military or recently got out within the last 20 years you probably have some real experience of war or at least the fear and threat of war. Think about that for a second! I said 20 freakin' years man! I got out in 91 after the Gulf War. Damn near 20 years ago....That's how long we've been embroiled in something or another over there. That's too long people...entirely too long. Did you hear one damn word about an Al-Queda or Taliban back then? Oh they just magically appeared over an 18 year period? RIGHT. America is most excellent at DEVELOPING a villain to justify it's wars. Some of you aren't 30 years old! I'm not bashing anybody here but I'll state again and again. Most of you have NO CLUE. It's real easy to read up on the subject, to watch the news and develop your view on the subject. There are real human beings fighting these wars. Some have been in this fight for 20 years or more. Some have lost limbs, some have lost friends, some have lost there families because of the mental anguish of war. Some have lost their minds or the ability to cope with real life and thousands have lost their lives! Just think about what you say or type before you do so. Just don't go typing reckless because you can IF you're not willing to put your life, a friends life or your kids life online. Oh yeah...I said your kids. I volunteered to serve but if we keep fighting for another 10 years you're kids won't have a choice. Soldiers are getting out and very few are signing up to go. Sooner or later the draft will be in affect! If people were breaking down the door to join the military we wouldn't be haggling over 40k troops being added to the fight!

My time in the military still haunts my dreams...in good and bad ways.

Doc Vigilanti

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just want to say LDB, and everybody else that has served, Thanks for your service to the country so we are able to have and express our ill informed opinions.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Thats sad but so true LDB, Im so close to Ft. Bragg that I can hear thee machine guns firing when the soldiers aare in the field. I hear the planes, jets and helicopters flying 24/7 over my home. I feel the impact of explosions that literally shake my home. I dont think that anyone can truely imagine what these things can mentally do to someone who has lost a friend or brother in war. That ish is like its happening all over again to some. Alot of people dont know that soldiers have to be debriefed and pass a mental evaluation before they can even join their families. Ive seen cats be held for months, the minium is about 2 weeks.

I dont know anyone who likes war but it is what it is. When people cross that line in our goverments eyes, they have to be dealt with. We all dont agree on the methods that our goverment uses but in the end we all agree that war sucks. IMO, the taliban uses less humaine tactics. Would I do the same if I were in their shoes?...without a doubt! However, since Im not (right now anyway) I say end this as quickly as posible. Some dont agree with that mentality, some do, its almost like we are damned if we do and damned if we dont.

I still like the suggestion to either fix it quickly or get out. Fugg the politics, just do it.

dac

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I don't think it's the US's job to fix problems in other countries. there are enough problems IN AMERICA that you guys need to worry about the state of your own country rather than the state of other countries.

This type of foreign policy is what caused 9/11, and as sad as I am to say this, if the country continues like it is I believe we can expect more frequent and worse attacks.
oh shit... i agree with Mag...lol

no doubt im pissed at what happened on 9/11... seems like thats was the excuse to justify EVERYTHING thats currently goin on... what i dont understand is why we're always involved in other countries bs in the 1st place? u can say business, oil, democracy, whatever... we got billions of dollars lent out, yet we have a billion dollar deficit??!!! how stupid is that? take care of home b4 u take care of others... very dum shit we as a country do... obviously we're scratchin just the surface to whats goin on... thats why its hard for me with charities and shit like that... everyone has secret purposes for the money... Former NYC Mayor Guiliani started the World Trade Center Fund, for the victims of 9/11, then he held on to the money for YEARS b4 finally releasin it after bein pressured... i wonder how much interest it gather for him... shit like that goes on everyday... and we have soldiers out there, exposed to bombs, gunfire, and all types of explosions that make u snap... after 9/11, every airplane i heard landing at JFK airport had me shook for a few weeks... these guys are gonna go thru shit like that for the rest of their lives... and when they come back, most will be back as your average US citizen.

da relic

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
If we DONT get a McDonalds on every corner of every block in the entire world, then it will SURELY be Armageddon!!
IF we have to use force to provide cheap burgers and low wage jobs in these piss poor places, then so be it, it is the American Empires DUTY to provide Micky D's EVERYWHERE!!!