Alright this is seriously getting outta hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
The shit you hear on the radio is a product of "The Big Jewish Engine". Old Jewish white men are telling you what "hip hop" is and put out all that mainstream bullshit.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Seriously, i'm a G-unit fan...i just don't understand that shit, this is really to extreme for me.

Also, on G-unit radio, dj Whoo Kid keep taking bashes at Reggaeton and saying how it sucks and the other gunit members be in there and laughing...and next thing you know they're on the Rumpe Remix...

..I'm clueless

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
i have a theme song remotely connected to this same topic.

Even though i produce, the main reason i picked up writing again was because of the radio and whats on TV. You guys all have the right ideas but we need to really do something about it.. something solid, really just make something happen. We're all on our computers whining about these whack industry cats making money. Theres gotta be more we can do though, sitting around hasnt changed shit the last few years.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Stop Hatin

I see we have alot of haters in the building. Just chill yall. Its a different style of music. Things evolve and music will always experiment and try new things. Im working on some Hip Hop/Reggaeton projects right now and the shit is heat. I got respect for all diff. types a music man... I love hip hop. Oh and by the way, G-Unit is STACKED right now, There bout to sign BEANS, they got FREEWAY, they got MASE, they got MOP, they got MOBB DEEP and they got Alchemist and Dre doin most of there production, why yall hatin????

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Elementree said:
I see we have alot of haters in the building. Just chill yall. Its a different style of music. Things evolve and music will always experiment and try new things. Im working on some Hip Hop/Reggaeton projects right now and the shit is heat. I got respect for all diff. types a music man... I love hip hop. Oh and by the way, G-Unit is STACKED right now, There bout to sign BEANS, they got FREEWAY, they got MASE, they got MOP, they got MOBB DEEP and they got Alchemist and Dre doin most of there production, why yall hatin????

Man, I hate the term,,uhh, well,,"Hatin". That shit is mad cliche. I think that's a term some of these industry types use to justify why there music is crap. I like alot of types of music too, but as a beatmaker/producer/ song writer,,,its garbage. G-Unit is garbage, and always will be. An more power to them, for doin it big, but at the same time, put some effort into the rhymes,,,feel me? Thats what makes me angry. Nobody is tryin to put any real effort into anything. It's like,,,write a mediocre verse, get a hot producer and BAM, instant single. Alot of artists wouldn't be at where they are because of who produces and arranges there music. Who can argue wit that?

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
elementree, the term you meant to say was DEvolved.

bonified hater in the building and damn proud of it.

LOL i'm playin, but holdin truth in it to at the same time.

**Its not about who's producing what or who they have on there team either though. Most everything comming out sounds the same and has the same sensless topics. Even if they have a tight beat, it may sound cool but the lyrical content has just fallen way off lately. way way off.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
From a producer's standpoint, reggaeton is wack. Simply because IT IS THE ONLY GENRE OF "MUSIC" DEFINED BY ITS DRUM PATTERN. I dont get why niggas is fucking blind to this. They jacked the drum beat from "Murder She Wrote" and thats what defines a reggaeton track.

As a puerto rican id like to apologize to you real music heads for the bullshit my people have brought upon us. lol.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Elementree said:

If you wanna label me a hater.....whateva....I'll be a "hater" then. My problem w/ Reggaeton is that it's not a "new" genre. It's a complete rip off of reggae....with the same exact drum pattern on every song. I actually like some of the verses I've heard from Reggaeton artists...on other peoples songs.

And as far as G-Unit being stacked....this aint "Making of the Band"....this is hip hop. Legendary groups such as Wu-Tang and Boot Camp weren't formulated to make hits...they were fam....and they happened to make music...G-Unit is quite frankly the cancer that will end hip hop for good. And it's sad to hear that "real hip hop heads" actually support their "movement". It's all good to make money....believe me....I'm not hating on the money they make. I hate because of the lack of love for this art form. When hip hop first came out it was called "Jungle Music" by the white conservatives who didn't understand the message being sent...now...."Jungle Music" aint that far off. Keep shuckin and jivin people!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Benny BuKu said:
If you wanna label me a hater.....whateva....I'll be a "hater" then. My problem w/ Reggaeton is that it's not a "new" genre. It's a complete rip off of reggae....with the same exact drum pattern on every song. I actually like some of the verses I've heard from Reggaeton artists...on other peoples songs.

And as far as G-Unit being stacked....this aint "Making of the Band"....this is hip hop. Legendary groups such as Wu-Tang and Boot Camp weren't formulated to make hits...they were fam....and they happened to make music...G-Unit is quite frankly the cancer that will end hip hop for good. And it's sad to hear that "real hip hop heads" actually support their "movement". It's all good to make money....believe me....I'm not hating on the money they make. I hate because of the lack of love for this art form. When hip hop first came out it was called "Jungle Music" by the white conservatives who didn't understand the message being sent...now...."Jungle Music" aint that far off. Keep shuckin and jivin people!
::shoots at feet:: Dance nigga, Dance!!!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Elementree said:
YOUR ONLY SAYING THAT SO WE CAN BUY UR REGGAETON ALBUM WHEN IT DROPS...

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Fury said:
YOUR ONLY SAYING THAT SO WE CAN BUY UR REGGAETON ALBUM WHEN IT DROPS...

I KNOW.. pretty please!!

Oh, and benny I totally agree with you and clev about how reggaeton stole the drumbeat from murder she wrote. It is the only music defined by the drumbeat right now also, and believe me, im sure it will fade away. Im a huge reggae fan myself, always have been from the 60's to the present. But I respect new forms of music and I just like to participate in new things. Plus I know a couple of cats who can really spit some heat on these reggaeton beats.

G- Unit is stacked. and lyrically I think the only shitty person on g-unit is 50. everyone else got heat. Banks, Buck, and everyone I mentioned earlier, I like them as lyricists, they all have their own creative style, 50 is just a bitch though

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Naaaaaaaah.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
Naaaaaaaah.

co-"naaah".

i think 50 if anyone is the only one creatively doing it, even though i dont like what he does one bit. I was at my friends house listenin to some station and this Lloyd Banks "freestyle" started playin. Man, it wasn't even possible for it to be a flawless "freestyle" like what was being listened to. It was so obviously written i couldnt believe they would even call it that. There were VOICE overs an shit on his freestyle what the hell is that?

like he freestyle wrote to this an then freestyle voiced over an then the engineer will freestyle a reverb on the dome plate and freestyle his retarded ass into unity gain.

that sentence makes as much sense as mainstream raps success to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.