Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
GRAFIK said:
come on i know u guys arent hating on daddy yankee, his shit is hot! LOL
Of course not Graf, thats a given right there! On another note.... im listening to that Danger Mouse Cee Lo Gnarls Barkeley shit... Its dope so far. Especially if youre into soul, cuz cee lo got that flava to his shit, but the beats are modern.... crazy. Some ill different shit.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
cleverwon said:
Of course not Graf, thats a given right there! On another note.... im listening to that Danger Mouse Cee Lo Gnarls Barkeley shit... Its dope so far. Especially if youre into soul, cuz cee lo got that flava to his shit, but the beats are modern.... crazy. Some ill different shit.

damn i was joking with the whold daddy yankee shit, i hope u are too, cant tell, lol, if so u killin me clev!

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Here that shit might suck to us as Americans. Due to our musical backgrounds of hip hop and all that. In Puerto Rico that shit is a lifestyle! And some of them cat's are way more Grimey then Fuckin G-Unit! I'm sure some of yall know this. But as far as the music. To me? I don't hate on it. Whenever you go to a club and some reggaeton comes on... Get your ass out there! That chick u dance on is comin home wit u!!! lol..

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
It's all good. I do hate fuckin Sean Paul though. I know he ain't really reggaeton. But man, that fuckin guy..

"Dubbahdubbadah-Bajabadadadadaaaa-HEY-Baddudabbahdabaddada!!"

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
eXampuL_oNe said:
It's all good. I do hate fuckin Sean Paul though. I know he ain't really reggaeton. But man, that fuckin guy..

"Dubbahdubbadah-Bajabadadadadaaaa-HEY-Baddudabbahdabaddada!!"

haha i was getting some hot sauce for my tacos the other day and heard the employee's listening to that song on one of their phones as a ringtone and it was like a "behind the scene's" on how people that know nothing about hiphop enjoy the wack outer recess's..

i always thought it was a myth.. but no there are people that sit back and listen to it and say to each other.. "hey, i like that".. the other, "yeah who is it?".. it's that one guy.. .. . listening try to nod head to beat.. ... .. first kid.. "Dubbahdubbadah-Bajabadadadadaaaa"... the second kid.. "yeahh that's cool"

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
lol i know right? I talk to people all of the time that ask me what i do.. i tell them i produce or make beats or whatever.. an then they share what tracks they currently like. And they really actually like some of these songs that I really feel are completely rediculous.

One of my biggest "how in the fuck is this possible" moments is when i talk to girls about music. Yes, they like to dance, i respect and like some good ass shaking myself BUT when they sing along to lyrics that diss their gender and demean what they are about it doesnt make sense at all. Like if you're not in a club and just listenin to a regular ass song rapping about "bitches" and "hoes"... but they actually like it?. How does this work!!?????!?!!?

HOW?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
eXampuL_oNe said:
Here that shit might suck to us as Americans. Due to our musical backgrounds of hip hop and all that. In Puerto Rico that shit is a lifestyle! And some of them cat's are way more Grimey then Fuckin G-Unit! I'm sure some of yall know this. But as far as the music. To me? I don't hate on it. Whenever you go to a club and some reggaeton comes on... Get your ass out there! That chick u dance on is comin home wit u!!! lol..
Grimey? Nah, them niggas in PR look like faggots... Lol, nothing says grimey quite like plucked eyebrows. homos.

And Graf, yes i was joking. haha.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
It's not about being narrow minded. You act like we dont see the otherside of the issue. Its definitely obvious they do what they do and follow the trends to make a living. It's when you cant be successfull UNLESS you follow these trends that it gets messed up. And its not that everyone just loves the music, it's just that's all they ever hear and it's all they know because it's all the radio plays. And as we all know, radio play doesnt happen for free. So yeah the masses will like what they are familiar with and a lot of them will like it cuz they dont hear anything else.

It just makes it that much more difficult for anything outside of this "trend" to share in the success since the people (the income source for all music) are heavily exposed to songs via radio and tv.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
5th Sequence said:
It's not about being narrow minded. You act like we dont see the otherside of the issue. Its definitely obvious they do what they do and follow the trends to make a living. It's when you cant be successfull UNLESS you follow these trends that it gets messed up. And its not that everyone just loves the music, it's just that's all they ever hear and it's all they know because it's all the radio plays. And as we all know, radio play doesnt happen for free. So yeah the masses will like what they are familiar with and a lot of them will like it cuz they dont hear anything else.

It just makes it that much more difficult for anything outside of this "trend" to share in the success since the people (the income source for all music) are heavily exposed to songs via radio and tv.

I cant argue with you fifth. I wish more adolescents and radio listeners could have the chance to listen to real hip hop and not just popular snap music all the time. I just like to go with the flow of whats popular. I dont know what else to say. I enjoy new music and I think personally, producers have it up on the rappers nowadays. Most of the time I really dont listen to lyrics in hip hop because I love listening to the beats so much. The only time I ever really listen to lyrics is when Im listening to talented rappers like Common, Mos DEF, MFDOOM, Papoose, Heiro. They have thought provoking lyrics. i really consider alot of new music to be sing-along music, because the beats are all I listen to I just kind of sing along with the track instead of really listening to the words ya know

Oh, and if you guys dont like sean paul or dancehall reggae stylee you probobly wont dig my solo album coming out this summer. Although I dont make up my words and neither does sean paul, the lyrics sometimes get slept on because I spit them with a reggae patois accent. My album will be fully produced by me and will be heavy with hip hop influence and have alot of collabos on it.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
i wasnt tryna argue either elem, i was just pointin out that the public doesnt get to hear what else is out there most of the time cuz they get flooded with the same "success formula" over an over ya know?. It's kinda like a monopoly in a way.

As far as dancehall, i dont care for it or against it. I like reggae itself though with authentic reggae vocals.

Jah mon,

Peace an good luck with ur album

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
I like reggae. Sean Paul is just wack though. What he's doing is successful and I can respect that. His music is nonsense compared to some real reggae. I guess this is just another slot in time though, u know? People buy that shit!

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Man, I hate the term,,uhh, well,,"Hatin". That shit is mad cliche. I think that's a term some of these industry types use to justify why there music is crap.

LOL, that line was hot! I'mma have to steal it!

StressWon said:
G-Unit is garbage, and always will be. An more power to them, for doin it big, but at the same time, put some effort into the rhymes

Now I don't call this "hating", I call this Ignorance. You sound like someone who never listened to a whole album of a G-unit member. When 50 came in the game with his click in 2003, Lloyd Banks was consider by many to be the next lyrical beast of the game. He was killing the mixtape and was getting recognition for his punchlines.

Go listen to the Young Buck album, it has great production AND rhymes. He's one of the few Southtern catz that put efforts in his lyrics. And now for Yayo...it is true that he is the weakest link on G-unit, but if you listen to his album, you can see that he's at least TRYING to come up with hot lines.

If you base yourself on the single they droppin, it's OBVIOUS you're going to say they're garbabe. That's what the internet is for, go download the whole album and then make a judgement. Like me for exemple, I always thought Lil Wayne sucked, i download his album and I STILL think he sucks then deleted the thing in a 24hour spanned, so i'm legit!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Grumpy Old Man

Yep I think thats me.
I was listening to the cable channel marked "Old School Hiphop" and realised after about 3 songs that it happened. I finally became the old guy in black sox and addidas sandles that is always grumblin about young fellers dont know about this here.
"What choo know about Mantronix there young whipper snapper?
How bout PebbleePoo?Dont know nothin bout that do ya there boy?"
I mean they were playin this stuff that I hadnt heard since highschool and I was gettin all dreamy eyed thinkin about the Freshfest tours. They were playin songs with the date next to them and I said "-sigh- '88....That was a good year for hiphop.." thats when eurydice's post in here earlier hit me. Im what we used to laugh about back in 88 sayin "think we'll evr get old and say shit like thats not rap music , Beastie Boys now that was that shit.
Wiccy Wiccy Wiccy and you aint Fresh and bring on those Fly Girls and your grandmother loved that song Tramp."
I cant believe it happened...
AND the sound quality and instruments back then sounded like crap by comparison but we loved and it was a REAL roland 808 not a program.
Huff puff....Welllll Ive got to go take my medicine. You young fellers hold it down. Remember,
"Fresh is the Word!"
LOL
:soapbox:

I briefly thought about starting an old school vs modern crap thread but new it would start shit and figured we could rant here..

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Qwerty said:
Now I don't call this "hating", I call this Ignorance. You sound like someone who never listened to a whole album of a G-unit member. When 50 came in the game with his click in 2003, Lloyd Banks was consider by many to be the next lyrical beast of the game. He was killing the mixtape and was getting recognition for his punchlines.

Go listen to the Young Buck album, it has great production AND rhymes. He's one of the few Southtern catz that put efforts in his lyrics. And now for Yayo...it is true that he is the weakest link on G-unit, but if you listen to his album, you can see that he's at least TRYING to come up with hot lines.

If you base yourself on the single they droppin, it's OBVIOUS you're going to say they're garbabe. That's what the internet is for, go download the whole album and then make a judgement. Like me for exemple, I always thought Lil Wayne sucked, i download his album and I STILL think he sucks then deleted the thing in a 24hour spanned, so i'm legit!

nah son, no need to call me ignorant fam,,,I'm a Hip Hop head, I give everyone a chance. I even tried to listen to Young Jeezy, but that was ass too. My peoples who arent into the music thang listen to that shit and I been at parties where they have G-Unit, Cash Money, etc albums playin steady,,,and like any emcee, I'll chill at the party but seceretly I'll be investigatin the tracks bein played, so yo, I've heard enough from G-Unitto honestly say this,,,,they are garbage, and some of them could be "nice",,,and just "nice".

I feel what ya sayin about d/l albums, but yo, if i heard enuff to not like them, I wont waste a KB on any of em. But it works both ways right? I mean, every underground fan loves MF Doom, JMT, etc,,,I think these cats are okay, I don't go crazy when I hear some ish from them, but its all opinions.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Elementree said:
Oh, and if you guys dont like sean paul or dancehall reggae stylee you probobly wont dig my solo album coming out this summer. Although I dont make up my words and neither does sean paul, the lyrics sometimes get slept on because I spit them with a reggae patois accent. My album will be fully produced by me and will be heavy with hip hop influence and have alot of collabos on it.

That sounds dope can't wait to hear it.

And exampul judging by your post your trying to listen to sean paul in the wrong context.

Sometimes we need to just listen to something and appreciate what it is as opposed to what we wish it was. Give it a chance, if ya dont like it that's fine, make a note, learn from it and move on.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
I give everything a chance, seriously! I listen to all types of shit and I am the last dude to hate. Sean Paul is just an artist who's music I can't respect. He's wack to me, period! Nobody can change my opinion. I don't mind dance hall or reggaeton but Sean Paul is just Wiggedy-Wiggedy-WACK! No disrespect, some of yall might like him (which is cool, I guess) but I can't stand his music. It sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.