anybody else get seasonal depression?

Sha MUSiiC

ill o.g.
Thats the reason they put X-mass where they did on the clalnder, without a big ass spending spree holiday the economy would gring to a halt because everyone is all bundled up and down in the pus due to the light and cold ass weather..

lol....word.

But yea...I think this is the first year that I've really felt miserable. Like I have no desire or motivation to do ANYTHING. Although I'm a night person, I definitely don't like the shorter days and the cold weather and snow is the worse!

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Thats the reason they put X-mass where they did on the clalnder, without a big ass spending spree holiday the economy would gring to a halt because everyone is all bundled up and down in the pus due to the light and cold ass weather..

You do know it's not, right?

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
winter good man, can be all cozy and homely n ting. but bro, i need to ball!!!!! and no1s booking out no halls, to cold to be balling outside -hands got so numb i couldnt feel the ball >:-/
but does mean mo time fo beat making, exept im having writers block.. producers block, or watever u call it. beats sounding cheesey and weak *thumbs down* depressing a dude rawly! ..peace

???????????

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Sincock I know the history of christmas and all that but dont think that its NOT smack dab in the dead of winter for nothing when they encourage ou to go out and spend billions or youll look like a schmo to your family and friends..

Schitz-- Beatles Yellow Submarine the movie lol, classic line.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Sincock I know the history of christmas and all that but dont think that its NOT smack dab in the dead of winter for nothing when they encourage ou to go out and spend billions or youll look like a schmo to your family and friends..

Schitz-- Beatles Yellow Submarine the movie lol, classic line.

I dunno mate... it's in the middle of summer in Australia and people are still spending millions. :tongue:They'll market that shit anyway they can, no matter what time of year it is.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I dunno mate... it's in the middle of summer in Australia and people are still spending millions. :tongue:They'll market that shit anyway they can, no matter what time of year it is.

hmmm thats a good point, but it originated in Europe so we cant help it if you guys cant get the thermostat right and the toilets to swirl the proper way when flushed. lol

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Some of you guys sound like like HERMITS ! ... Wanting to stay locked up in the winter lol
Staying locked in the house is depressing (When not doing music) ... Going to sleep when
its dark and waking up when its dark (When I pull all nighters and sleep till like 4pm) sucks lol

Summer :

- Women half naked everywhere !
- Road trips + Vacations Outta State
- Clubbin//Partyin
- Everyones out having a good time
- Summer makes me feel good which = ALOT OF BEATS !
- Just hanging out and kickin it relaxin w/friends
- Waterparks // Amusement Parks
- Everyone stays out late
- Not freezing my ass off shivering which hurts
- DAYLIGHT TILL 9PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I like daylight, heat, and people around so SUMMER IT IS ! lol

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's great to see others in similar situations... I've kinda fuckd up my school a bit this fall and partly fuckd up to finish some beats for lildramaboi. I mean, my mind is just stuck or something... cannot finish anything.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Boo, ya'll complain too much! Eat some of this, it'll make those winter days melt away!

7-trio-poutine.gif

ill o.g.
I suffer it a bit too. Its brain chemistry...

You have something called serotonin in your body. This is basically the stuff that keeps you on your toes during the day, helps you manage your anger, influences a bit of your mood etc. etc. People who suffer from phobias often have significantly lower serotonin levels, which is among other reasons why they dont respond to certain situations the same way other people do.

One of the reasons you get groggy if you sit in a dark area/room for a long time, is because serotonin production/activity decreases, and melatonin production/activity increases. This is a sort of biological clock, a roughly 24 hour period called the circadian rythm that biological organisms have.

So to sum up, since our days are so much shorter now, meaning less daylight (if you even get alot of it with all the hazy grayness), you are producing less serotonin. So you're not as alert, more easily irritated/annoyed, not particularly feeling 'good' (doesnt have to mean bad either), etc. etc.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Some of you guys sound like like HERMITS ! ... Wanting to stay locked up in the winter lol
Staying locked in the house is depressing (When not doing music) ... Going to sleep when
its dark and waking up when its dark (When I pull all nighters and sleep till like 4pm) sucks lol

Summer :

- Women half naked everywhere !
- Road trips + Vacations Outta State
- Clubbin//Partyin
- Everyones out having a good time
- Summer makes me feel good which = ALOT OF BEATS !
- Just hanging out and kickin it relaxin w/friends
- Waterparks // Amusement Parks
- Everyone stays out late
- Not freezing my ass off shivering which hurts
- DAYLIGHT TILL 9PM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I like daylight, heat, and people around so SUMMER IT IS ! lol

cosign....

the only thing i dont like about the summer is when it starts gettin way too hot to where u cant go outside for 2 minutes without sweating .. but other than that spring and summer beat hazy, dark ass winter all day... i dont mind the cold... im originally from syracuse its cold as hell there .. its the lack of sunlight and general activity that fucks with me the most.. i make beats off of insipration.. when im out doin shit and being active i crank out beats like a madman.. i could be out all day then come back on the mp for twenty minutes and have a beat and hook done and ready to go... when im inactive i can be in my studio all day and not finish a thing.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
cosign....

the only thing i dont like about the summer is when it starts gettin way too hot to where u cant go outside for 2 minutes without sweating .. but other than that spring and summer beat hazy, dark ass winter all day... i dont mind the cold... im originally from syracuse its cold as hell there .. its the lack of sunlight and general activity that fucks with me the most.. i make beats off of insipration.. when im out doin shit and being active i crank out beats like a madman.. i could be out all day then come back on the mp for twenty minutes and have a beat and hook done and ready to go... when im inactive i can be in my studio all day and not finish a thing.

Ain't that the truth! I'm grasping for straws over here trying to make music....lol. Shit is definitely not cool. I think I'll go on a sample dig...ya dig? Hell this thread is depressing....where's my lemonade? lol

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
I suffer it a bit too. Its brain chemistry...

You have something called serotonin in your body. This is basically the stuff that keeps you on your toes during the day, helps you manage your anger, influences a bit of your mood etc. etc. People who suffer from phobias often have significantly lower serotonin levels, which is among other reasons why they dont respond to certain situations the same way other people do.

One of the reasons you get groggy if you sit in a dark area/room for a long time, is because serotonin production/activity decreases, and melatonin production/activity increases. This is a sort of biological clock, a roughly 24 hour period called the circadian rythm that biological organisms have.

So to sum up, since our days are so much shorter now, meaning less daylight (if you even get alot of it with all the hazy grayness), you are producing less serotonin. So you're not as alert, more easily irritated/annoyed, not particularly feeling 'good' (doesnt have to mean bad either), etc. etc.

makes sense...

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
hmm, you guys all complaining about being inactive during winter and shit need to get up off your arses. I'm much more active in winter cause there's no oppressive heat slowing me down. If you're cold put a fucking jacket on, lol.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
hmm, you guys all complaining about being inactive during winter and shit need to get up off your arses. I'm much more active in winter cause there's no oppressive heat slowing me down. If you're cold put a fucking jacket on, lol.

what exactly are r so actively doing? lol ..here in ny at least shit aint poppin in the winter unless its some indoor shit which defeats the purpsoe of what i was sayin earlier about the sunlight... its not like there are dudes and women walking around hangin out outside chillin havin fun for no reason in the winter time... evrybodys basically just in a rush to get back indoors....unless im missing something..

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
I guess you are missing something.

like what? . im serious i wanna know .. well let me rephrase my quote .. there arent any "grown" people 21 + outside chillin and havin fun outside during the winter time.. yeah when i was young i used to throw snowballs and go sledding and shit but then this funny thing happened where i grew up

members online