Apple just announced the iPad oh ya!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
it looks cool and all...but in my opinion its a glorified version of an Itouch and IPhone...ppl shud just realize that u can do all that on a fucking lapton or a Desktop..ppl seem to be retarted getting amazed liek OOOOOOOOOOOO u can touch it coooool...just use ur fuckin laptop

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ha ha I wish. I just was a windows tech for far to long. And if you do any kind of video work you will know how much better it is to work on a mac.

as a point of fact, I've been using Premier on the PC (and SGI for that matter) since version 4.2. Back then (1997) my counterpart at the software company I did freelance work for was using the same software using a Mac. We saw no real difference between the two.

"The Matrix" rotation effects were done with Windows machines running Adobe Premier (though the CGI part of the stuff was rendered with a FreeBSD beowulf cluster)

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Ya first off using premiere in 97 the software was joke. Premiere sucked until Premiere pro Version 1 And NO the matrix bullet time was note made in premiere they actually used custom built software for interpolation.
and the matrix was edited in AVID.

I do have a degree in visual effects you know so I had to study bullet time in depth.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Bottom line..

There's a way to waste money on worthless gadgets....buy the iPad..

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ha ha

Bottom line, Windows techs don't like Mac because if Macs took over they would no longer have job security!

;)

you're crazy.

I WAS a PC/Mac tech for an ad/marketing firm (one of the biggest). I had just as many mac calls as I did Win32 calls. Granted, this was back when the dual 1GHz Quicksilver was the fastest Mac money could buy (dwarfed by any run-of-the-mill dual 2GHz Xeon workstation). We had a huge backlog of issues with our Macs, just like with the PC's.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ya first off using premiere in 97 the software was joke. Premiere sucked until Premiere pro Version 1 And NO the matrix bullet time was note made in premiere they actually used custom built software for interpolation.
and the matrix was edited in AVID.

I do have a degree in visual effects you know so I had to study bullet time in depth.

I remember very distinctly watching a "making of" clip on The Matrix and I swear they said the time slice interpolation was done with Adobe Premier, and IIRC, as I watched it being done I remember noticing that I was looking at the same version I was using at the time.

BTW, Premier in 97 was not a joke. It was good stuff for back then. Don't compare it to what you have threse days. Compare it to what was available for professional video on a PC or Mac back then and Premier was pretty much the best outside of Avid.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
I was a pro video editor in those days in fact I sold custom video PC's back then.
I used, Speed edit Man even Vegas was better in those days. Also anything Matrox, and of course Video Toaster BLEW IT AWAY!

Ya macs in 97 was very rough no doubt about it. Anything pre OSX 10.3 could be difficult. But since about 2004-5 they are superior to any windows OS.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was a pro video editor in those days in fact I sold custom video PC's back then.
I used, Speed edit Man even Vegas was better in those days. Also anything Matrox, and of course Video Toaster BLEW IT AWAY!

Ya macs in 97 was very rough no doubt about it. Anything pre OSX 10.3 could be difficult. But since about 2004-5 they are superior to any windows OS.

odd. I also built and sold PC's for video editing. Granted, I focused on the "Prosumer" market, so that meant Miro DC30's, a gang of Matrox Rainbow Runner-based machines (they were possibly the best thing you could buy for VHS and Betacam SP guys, excellent image quality - better than the Marvel, and they ignored Macrovision encoding), lotsa Matrox G200/400 Marvel guys (did one G400 Marvel eTV... eew).

Sonic Foundry Vegas came out a couple of years after Premire 4.2, didn't it?

BTW... I still have a Matrox Rainbow Runner (based on the Mystique 220). Can't seem to let it go.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
*tapping my fingers wondering who the heyell is right and who's wrong?*

How about this...

Back in the day I was the ceo of the Forbes 500 MegaCompany Creative Vision Software, I have 4 degrees, 2 phd's & 2 masters of video science from one of the most prominent visual and video schools on the planet. I personally designed the Mantronix B2000, the Qmega Force 5000 and the Ultrasonic Hyperglomic Retina Sizzler, for which I won 4 emmys, 3 Noble Peace Prices, and 1 BET award for best visual effects in a RUN-DMC video. My conclusion for ALL the madness...

You both are right!

lol,

dac

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
ha ha its all good, just friendly discussion

"BTW... I still have a Matrox Rainbow Runner (based on the Mystique 220)."

No doubt, that was good stuff! As was the DC30 and Sorry vegas came out in 99 it was just so great!

It also took me years to get rid of my toaster system. I still use lightwave!

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ha ha its all good, just friendly discussion

"BTW... I still have a Matrox Rainbow Runner (based on the Mystique 220)."

No doubt, that was good stuff! As was the DC30 and Sorry vegas came out in 99 it was just so great!

It also took me years to get rid of my toaster system. I still use lightwave!

I had an Amiga 2000HD back in '91 (Shadow of the Beast, The Killing Game Show, and Awesome FTW!!!), you couldn't tell me nothin back then. Got my Toaster in '93 (it came with LightWave!) and didn't get off that combo for a hot minute.

members online