Battle That! Competition - September 15-18, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
as a producer as well when judging one of my beats or anyone elses one of the main factors i use is does this beat make me want to start writing or freestyling to it. if it does it gains major point twords being a good beat in my mind.
I get this, but personally doesn't factor into my voting. Well, it can help, but not to the extreme it sounds like it does for you.

Reason being, tonnes of my favourite beats I don't feel that vibe for, whereas some beats that i don't consider on the same level, i just hear it and my body from some divine energy just starts making me spit. It's such a profound experience. But doesn't necessarily happen with my fave or what i consider better beats.

But similarly if a beat just makes me move, that also helps.

As for the vocals, i feel I've got a good knack for vocals to click with a beat that the combination gives that kinda feeling.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
The whole vocals allowed thing has been an interesting addition to the battles.
Maybe if it wasnt vocals allowed as often then it might be better because there are only so many acapellas to work with.

As @Iron Keys said, being able to produce a song, with lyrics, whether they be original or a remix, is a super valuable skill.
It advances a beatmaker into a producer. Being able to create the finished product that sounds like it was meant to be that way in the first place is a skill that takes a lot of practice. Aligning an acapella to a beat and have it on time is one of the biggest hurdles for somebody starting out, the second is having the beat in key to the pella.

I think the vocals allowed should be here to stay, just maybe not as frequent. I know the challenge very well of finding emcees to work with, even after all these years, more so now than ever to be honest. I have worked with a few over the years, not everybody has that time in the game or opportunity, makes the fairness a little unbalanced. Being the valuable asset to a producers arsenal that being able to make a finished song is, it should stay for good IMO. Maybe less frequently though.
:this:

I remember @Fade went though a momentary "vocal track yes" fetish phase and it was almost every week and i was like "ahhh vox ffs"

But at the same time i did really well in them, getting lots of high finishes 2nd places and my first win.

I think finding that balance is good, like mostly beats, sometimes vocals.

One theme i find really cool is when there's a sample flip + vocals. That really tests your creativity, but sometimes the flip can be whackbut win because of the vocal compared to beats that made a great flip AND good vocal pairing.

But yeah it's all fun. (Until you make your beat first then can't find a acapella that fits --- sometimes I'm like ahh this a perfect beat for xyz artist, then the only pella you can find of theirs is in a wrong tempo and not in the right stye - heartbreaking. All records should release with acapella)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah we don't do the vocals often, but it's just to add variety. Like I mentioned, there's plenty of times you can battle with just beats. When adding vocals of course it makes it stand out more, but what we could do in the future is make it so the vocals would have to be mandatory. This way it's all vocals instead of some vocals and they place, and the instrumentals don't.

Battle Points: 153
But yeah it's all fun. (Until you make your beat first then can't find a acapella that fits --- sometimes I'm like ahh this a perfect beat for xyz artist, then the only pella you can find of theirs is in a wrong tempo and not in the right stye - heartbreaking. All records should release with acapella)
So true lol.

Yeah we don't do the vocals often, but it's just to add variety. Like I mentioned, there's plenty of times you can battle with just beats. When adding vocals of course it makes it stand out more, but what we could do in the future is make it so the vocals would have to be mandatory. This way it's all vocals instead of some vocals and they place, and the instrumentals don't.

Exactly!

The mandatory part sounds good :clap: Love the vocal battles now and than. Makes our beats way more dynamic and interesting to listen to.

Battle Points: 153
Ive got 2 beats for this done, just 2 to go. I want all 4 to be fit for the final. Thats the plan anyway, but its taking forever to get these done, been struggling to make music for a few months now

Me two days before deadline
Imagine Mental Health GIF by Hello All

Good idea

I swear on everything, i have the beats for this. I just took to long because of how i am with my beats. I just have been busy with life so i haven't had the time to get everything together in time. @Fade sorry i couldn't contribute the the end of year battle. i'll post my beats after the event. I really put a lot of time and effort into these beats.....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Im more of an underfed sickly pale horse with a bad leg... please dont put me down though
Sick Rainbow GIF by Borderlands
LOL.
greatest thing bout Battle That is that it don't care bout no names or feelins. u could be as big as 2GooD or as depressed and close to quitting music as... legit half the people here, and still be yoten out r1.
Yeah that's it. It's tough but this is the end of the year battle. This is it. After this we'll see who got what in the overall stats!

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
LOL.

Yeah that's it. It's tough but this is the end of the year battle. This is it. After this we'll see who got what in the overall stats!
Lol I didnt do much battles myself. Just beat this mainly and a warzone or 2 this year. Maybe I shall pick it up this year

LOL.

Those last 2 minor battles saved me tho.. like if by any chance both vossi and 2good get eliminated before top 5 AND I win, I'll be 2020/21's official god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online