Battle That! Competition - September 15-18, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
VOCALS have to transport a spoken message in my understanding.
Michael Rainey Jr Yes GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
I’m just playing around a little here ;)
But i did already have the feeling like ‘hmm’ these guys are pushing it..that sampled beat is straight fire, and the chorus is what gives it that ‘special touch’. Without it it would have been standing out less. You catch me fam? And it’s pretty hard not to vote for such a beat due to the dope style and feeling it gives, but in the back of your head ur like why would i vote for somebody lacking the rules? But not wanna vote for an opponents beat which beat is clearly not as impressive (figurely speaking).
I often thought about throwing in a little Texas chopped n screwed. But what happens if i pitch down a few words and line them up for the chorus? It would make a beat bang instantly. And an effective way to mask the repetitive melodie to make it catchy again. But hey,..in my book not allowed :p

Just eaz it down with the vocals in these contests next time fellas (y)

Already stoked to hear what’s next!

(better not be more vocals,
Or tags, or some dmx Eminem remix :ROFLMAO:)
I get your point.
Even I thought it might be too much vocals for some people... it's subjective and debatable... See @Iron Keys almost didn't have a problem with my beat.

When you make a song, there's the stuff the beatmaker/producer brings to it, and what the rapper/topliner brings.

To me, both vocals in my beat and beat #23 are what a producer brings to the song. That's why I considered it ok to enter in this battle.

That was my understanding of the no vocal rule.

Just like chopped n screwed would be ok for me... it's the specificity in a type of beat that I don't want banned from the battles, like I don't want the chipmunked banned just because it's what I love.

What about choirs ? it's vocal oohs and aahs... are they ok because they're not recognizable words ?

Movie quotes are ok since they don't follow any melodic pitch or rhythm pattern ?

We could ask Fade for clarification of the rule (which he kinda already did) but then the rules would be too specific and probably kill the creativity of the people here.

When I hear someone making a borderline beat (like borrowing a famous beat's melody ;)), I think to myself "wow, that's a risky thing to do" but if the beat is creative enough to be unique, I just compare it to the opponents creativity and grant my vote accordingly.

I don't run to the chat calling the guy out and influencing other people's vote. I wouldn't want to win that way.

Anyway I do appreciate the overall comment you made about my beat. Glad you liked it !

Love y'all

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Good fuck yall are a buncha cunts.... 2g , You didnt get enough drama up in discord you trying bring it up in here too? And who the fucm cares vocals or not, stole or not, beat tags or not. . Happens, slides and everyone cheers. Just go fuck yourself and accept shit as is.

Good luck bitches!

Good fuck yall are a buncha cunts.... 2g , You didnt get enough drama up in discord you trying bring it up in here too? And who the fucm cares vocals or not, stole or not, beat tags or not. . Happens, slides and everyone cheers. Just go fuck yourself and accept shit as is.

Good luck bitches!
Its my reputation on the line. That means a lot to me

To the soft bitches that cry after losing, maybe battling isnt for you. Just saying. Its losing that makes us winners in the end, if you want it bad enough its yours for the taking. But please dont start taking swipes at people, its not cool. If you take defeat badly, be quiet for a few days, get over the loss and come back when you are ready. Failing that, dont battle at all. Im not deez, Im not thief, I use samples that have been used before, there are only so many good samples, I try to make them my own, and I dont cry when I lose, I lost to an actual cheat, but waited to make sure with evidence before throwing out any accusations.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Stop crying. You were just starting to do so good in here with the not crying all the time g

:this::brofist::micdrop::eggplant::goodfellas:

The vocals of #23 was a part of the melody bro. Deal with it and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Fade said it was fine and last I checked he is top dog in here, not you.
What else is there to say.
It's not a foot soldier's place to argue with the general! Just do what the fuck you are told and enjoy being alive while it lasts.
Episode 5 GIF by The Simpsons
Who gives a fuck what some dude in denmark thinks? Like I need your fucking approval? Oh, fuck... please vossi! Please like me? Hha fuck off lil bitch. You arent funny nor are you ghetto fab so stop trying to act like we all await your opinion. Go get laid or something.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Animated GIF

Everyone relax. Shit's good. We had a really tight two rounds but the 3rd will be even tighter. Almost impenetrable.

As for the vocal snippets, it's never been an issue even in the other battles. I've rejected plenty of entries over the years that had too many vocals in it and just asked the person to re-submit. No big deal.

To me vocal snippets are quick snippets here and there but not too much. I felt that the ones in this battle so far are fine. I think it's maybe because they were sort of bunched together and that's what some people have an issue with them. But what if it was those famous James Brown "uh huh" "yeah" "funky" snippets? It's not like there's beats with an 8-bar scratch part like what I do. That I would reject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online