Beat Thang sampling by Lady Tha ProducHer

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
that price is pissin me off even more... but im weakening :miarockt:

my RS7000 can do everything she demonstrated, but the BT was just so much quicker... so far, the price is my only con... i need a demo to mess around with right now.

da relic

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
LadyThaProducer needs to come here and get DESTROYED...lol! Nah, Beat Thing seems pretty dope. For some reason I just like the 16 pad-square configuration alot better (but I'm not knocking the "piano" config.). Sometimes I use my keyboard as a sampler so I understand the difference. The CON to what saw is, this seems really slow as far as workflow goes.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Price is $1,499...they have it available for preorder at Best Buy....

That's one steep ass price.... You could get an MPC5000 or MV-8800 for $500 more.....2500 for $300 more...

Or Maschine for $699.

It's a pretty cool piece of equipment..... The price is way too high for me, though.....

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
slow? i know the computer is the fastest thing plugged in, and Ive dabbled in FL Studio and Reason, so i know EXACTLY why people love them, but this is like LIGHTNING compared to the RS7000... the only other thing i havent seen yet, is filters... thats the one thing the RS has that only recently (the MPC 5000) has been implemented into hardware samplers.. my Discover is tryin to get outta my wallet as we speak.

da relic

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya the price is a little much, I guess they're competing with the MPC. It seems to function well, however I just don't like the look of it at all.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
SLIK! put your Discover card back in your pocket, this thing is WAAAY too expensive for what I saw, plus it's hardware! In a few more years, there won't be such a thing as "hardware" lol. I could see it if it were made by Yamaha, Roland or AKAI but I can't even figure out who its made by.

EDIT: Here ya go...$99

Isn't Saintjoe a member here?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
yea... my partner has that... ive messed with it... but the computer is never the same for me... i need the box... hmmm, maybe on an Ipad? THAT'S really the next step.

i havent upgraded in 10 yrs, so im still lookin around.

da relic

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Sidenote: Isnt she signed up on here? I vaguely remember that name on here. *Saves Dacs sig pic*

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
1500 bucks.... sucker born every minute

i see a bling casing with interchangable grill (lolwhut ...care...) with a dsp, little bit of software all wired to a built-in presonus card...(@ $120)

All the features are whatever, nothing revolutionary inthere except for a rechargable built in battery.

this thing belongs at the toy's r us or the sesame street gang posse studio hollllllaaaaah!!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
...........close...they are selling it at best buy...

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1500 bucks.... sucker born every minute

i see a bling casing with interchangable grill (lolwhut ...care...) with a dsp, little bit of software all wired to a built-in presonus card...(@ $120)

All the features are whatever, nothing revolutionary inthere except for a rechargable built in battery.

this thing belongs at the toy's r us or the sesame street gang posse studio hollllllaaaaah!!!

Goddamn, I wouldn't say all THAT.

But, 1500 is WAY too much for a machine like this. I don't even think it would have a chance at 1000. Maybe at 500-700. But, what does it have/do that an mpc 500 can't do? Plus, the direction of electronic music production and performance is going in the way of hardware/software integration. Which means it's come a bit too late. Also, if they came out with software already why continue with this overpriced grotesque hunk of metal and wire? Especially when, from what I hear, the software is extremely buggy, which means there should be quite a bit of focus on said software -- focus that they can't afford to borrow to the hardware.

Overrall I have a hard time taking a company called "Beat Kangs" with a sole product called "Beat Thang" with terminology like "Bang" "Bling" and "Blang" instead of regular terms we all understand like "Compressor" "Limiter/Maximizer" "Reverb" etc, seriously. That last bit is what gets to me the most actually; Seriously, "Bling" "Blang"? Sounds like a goddamn Dr. Seuss book. They're not being clever or even cute, they are hurting their own product by introducing a learning curve for EVERYBODY. If you have any experience with these tools you should be able to pick up any other tool and be able to run with it, because they all follow a standard! It's utterly ridiculous to do what they've done because it only offers confusion for experienced players and it stifles the inexperienced from learning.

Heez Magnif

ill o.g.
1st gen drum machine/sampler from an unproven company that came out of the woodwork with a price on par with well-estabilished company's boxes? I think i'll pass, unless they come up with something revolutionary.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I can see it now in a future episode of Beats Weekly: "the beat is good, although I think if you add a bit more Blang to the snare, hell, even some Bang or Boog to the bass would be great".

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I can see it now in a future episode of Beats Weekly: "the beat is good, although I think if you add a bit more Blang to the snare, hell, even some Bang or Boog to the bass would be great".

Thats what I'm saying. It'll be a nightmare. It's bad enough you have some people that want you to make something sound like a specific color. What the hell does green sound like?

yea man, Maschine has already won this next round. They are to little to late. MAYBE Spark will get the electronic guys, but for hip-hop Maschine will be the king for at least the next few years.

I think the Arturia Spark can make it as a hip-hop tool. True enough NI Maschine has a head start, but FL Studio, Reason, Live, ASR, MPC, SP etc weren't seen as "Hip-Hop" tools either. NI was just smart enough to cater their adverts to make it seem like a hip-hop tool by showing how perfect it does the techniques we already use. Arturia has the be just as smart and realize the market potential. I could see plenty of beat makers, especially cats still holding on to the sp-12(00)/turbo, using the Spark.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
...........close...they are selling it at best buy...

im not sure if anybody's noticing, but Best Buy is on a slow (or maybe fast) takeover... select stores now have a pro audio section... and im not talkin a room... the one in Kings Plaza Mall in Brooklyn has 2 floors dedicated to taking Sam Ash (who's located across the street) out! we can compare them to Toys r Us right now, but given time, u best believe you'll be stoppin at Best Buy 1st, b4 u go anywhere else.. the Beat Thang is a coup for them.. for those that dont know about their pro audio section, will see it and spread the word once they show up... so while we are laughin about comparing them, Sam Ash and other stores are not. :-/

da relic

members online