Beat This! - April 20-21, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from April 20-21st! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on April 20th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on April 21st, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: YES
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2022042021.jpg

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
hmmm... vocal track allowed... tempted to write something... Is the rule that we have to use an acapella? I think the last time i signed up for a vocal allowed Beat This, I and at least one other recorded our own tracks and nobody said shit,, but at some point it will become quite obvious whose beat it is...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
hmmm... vocal track allowed... tempted to write something... Is the rule that we have to use an acapella? I think the last time i signed up for a vocal allowed Beat This, I and at least one other recorded our own tracks and nobody said shit,, but at some point it will become quite obvious whose beat it is...
Pretty sure it's allowed. Probably seen as more of a disadvantage if someone isn't a great performer and/or don't have a great recording etc.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
would it be weird for a guy with a record of like 2-17 to guarantee a victory in a free for all Beat This????

Okay.. I aint doing that.. lol. But, Let's just say.. i'm fucking hype about finishing this track. I love this one so much, it's gonna get put on an album one way or the other... whether my own.. someone else's, remix shit.. idk. It's getting used.

okay. late night hype, cuz i'm feeling this.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
@StoneLockProd That feeling you have right now, is the reason why I'll never stop making music. You wrote a verse?
I did. And I agree. I almost packed it up at different times in my 30s. Actually did sell most my shit at one point and played video games for a couple years. I might ease up on the rapping and recording side of things here since I’m a dad of two youngsters and am quickly approaching the big Olde English in a paper sack. I have plans for how I’m going to transition into doing different things musically as I age. Trying to work more with other artists on they own shit. Getting more into orchestrating as well has always been a goal.

Why’d I write an essay? Lol.
Yes, I’m inspired right now and I wrote for this battle. I’ll be ready.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: easing @StoneLockProd up on the rapping/recording side with respect to what's going on in your personal life is one of those unavoidable aspects of life. One of the many shortcomings Hip Hop always had/will have going against it is the focus on prolonged adolescence designed to make participants feel they are too old. Re: writing about childish shit is all in the mind of the writer, but in the case of Hip Hop, many of its participants seem to be stuck in High School mentally. Hence the focus on materialism, misogyny (Black males waste all their energy on hating Black women and other Black males), etc.

Grotesque can work if you do it how literary cats like Stephen King and 'nem do it, just in rhyme form. If you ain't wrote in a while start w/object writing.

Don't say no one is trying to hear you. I once was told by @Greg Savage there is a market for everything, Be your own biggest fan.

Ask @Armani about orchestrating. He's the man.

Last edited:
(Black males waste all their energy on hating Black women and other Black males), etc.
You are a woman that constantly shits on black males, shouldnt you lead by example?
And you waste all your energy on music production sites without applying any of it.

Come on, have some self awareness when relentlessly shitting on others.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: I @2GooD Productions meant what I said re: Black men as shit is real out here and the convo was for @StoneLockProd and no @Fade you didn't miss anything.
"Black men" arent one big homogenous group that all act and think the same. You do them a disservice and make yourself look bad by stereotyping them all and tarring them all with the same brush. Like I said before stop worrying so much about what others are doing and worry about yourself. If you spent more time worrying about your own goals instead of pointing out the flaws of others then you might have a beat together by now.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Iron Keys ain't 'bout the 'cism and @2GooD Productions I know as a Black person "we" ain't homogeneous. Aside from that what are the both of you working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online