Beat This! - August 11-12, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Outta discord, found out lots of folks good with using loops and stems. I dont roll like that. After this beat this, it will be my.last battle here I believe.

Kinda tough to pour your heart into making a melody, a drum line to match it with correct kick and hats, etc. , to compete against a reproduced production copied from another producer. Love yall though.

I dont wanna be the try hard in here with feelings attached because I spent a few days or more when someone can just push a button for a pre made drum line.

My shit sounds like shit cause its all me, I dig using a "Tambourine" sample or loop that is tough to reproduce ( I still do my own though) but not top to bottom, melody down stuff.

I have used loops and shit, especially when I first started as a learning tool, not something I would be calling my own though... not knocking usage.

Anyhow, needed to say what was on my mind for the past few days. Mad love at ya all, but I wanna compete against ground level shit, not a loop... otherwise, may as well let "He whos name shall not be spoken" back in. Am I wrong here? Not tryina be drama, hope peeps know me at least better than that.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Outta discord, found out lots of folks good with using loops and stems. I dont roll like that. After this beat this, it will be my.last battle here I believe.

Kinda tough to pour your heart into making a melody, a drum line to match it with correct kick and hats, etc. , to compete against a reproduced production copied from another producer. Love yall though.

I dont wanna be the try hard in here with feelings attached because I spent a few days or more when someone can just push a button for a pre made drum line.

My shit sounds like shit cause its all me, I dig using a "Tambourine" sample or loop that is tough to reproduce ( I still do my own though) but not top to bottom, melody down stuff.

I have used loops and shit, especially when I first started as a learning tool, not something I would be calling my own though... not knocking usage.

Anyhow, needed to say what was on my mind for the past few days. Mad love at ya all, but I wanna compete against ground level shit, not a loop... otherwise, may as well let "He whos name shall not be spoken" back in. Am I wrong here? Not tryina be drama, hope peeps know me at least better than that.
I felt the same way, but in the end it all comes down if your shit sounds dope to ppl or not. Doesnt matter how it was created.

Btw i totally forgot about this battle cuz i was too stoned the last days... dunno man, still gonna compete.

See ya ll down there in the rankings.

:hahaha:

Who's using the cheat packs? Using the odd drum break is one thing but not programming and sequencing your music music is another.

Man, dont let it get you down. Stick with what you are already doing, you are coming along great. I NEVER use sample packs unless its one hit drum samples. I NEVER use loops, I make my own loops by composing or sampling an oldie. I dont sample too much anymore because I feel a lot like you do, using premade stuff IMO is cheating, or at least it feels like to me. If I wanted to place premade loops together Id still be using hip hop ejay.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

Making a beat with loops is easy, but also making it sounds original is impossible. If you want to stick out with your music, you have to start from scratch. Loops force you to go in a certain direction and that's exactly why the bulk of bedroom producers all sound the same. Music is about telling a story or creating a mood. If the same story is told over and over, people will just stop listening.

I will never vote for something that doesn't sounds original.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Mahlhavoc Hit the shooting range to get your frustrations out for now.

But I hear ya. Like @2GooD Productions I've never used pre-made loops because I look at it as an easy way out, but not cheating necessarily. I think about older, famous songs where it was straight up loops they took off a record but it was just straight up dope.

Is it cheating? Meh. I ignore that stuff and just do my thing. If people like it, great. The ones using all that ready made stuff are just short changing themselves in the long run. Then again, look at how the music today is anyway - overly processed generic stuff with pretty much no originality.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
No, motherfucker. You stay.

You keep battling.

Your beats fucking knock. And you know I give real feedback. You've won battles here. And will continue to do so.

Your beats continue to get better.

Think about too, you beating people who are using "cheats" or when people beat stolen beats, that shows you at a certain level.

Even consider it like this, your beats, are essentially up against commercial beats as it is.

I know your beef, as we discussed it. But bro, like I said, your shit thumps. And learning and developing the skill )like you have and continue to) to actually create something that makes people go "oh" and move, is a special thing ... keep dropping that uniqueness in these battles and it'll help you develop. Like i said, technically, we're all up against commercial music or releases really.

Keep entering.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
No, motherfucker. You stay.

You keep battling.

Your beats fucking knock. And you know I give real feedback. You've won battles here. And will continue to do so.

Your beats continue to get better.

Think about too, you beating people who are using "cheats" or when people beat stolen beats, that shows you at a certain level.

Even consider it like this, your beats, are essentially up against commercial beats as it is.

I know your beef, as we discussed it. But bro, like I said, your shit thumps. And learning and developing the skill )like you have and continue to) to actually create something that makes people go "oh" and move, is a special thing ... keep dropping that uniqueness in these battles and it'll help you develop. Like i said, technically, we're all up against commercial music or releases really.

Keep entering.
Got mad love atcha dawg.
Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Man, dont let it get you down. Stick with what you are already doing, you are coming along great. I NEVER use sample packs unless its one hit drum samples. I NEVER use loops, I make my own loops by composing or sampling an oldie. I dont sample too much anymore because I feel a lot like you do, using premade stuff IMO is cheating, or at least it feels like to me. If I wanted to place premade loops together Id still be using hip hop ejay.
This is exactly how I feel.

It's probably to our detriment too. I feel it needs a healthy balance , feeling free ro use something because it sounds good. But like you, i try programming a whole orchestra end ethnic rhythm section before using a loop.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.

But I hear ya. Like @2GooD Productions I've never used pre-made loops because I look at it as an easy way out, but not cheating necessarily. I think about older, famous songs where it was straight up loops they took off a record but it was just straight up dope.

Is it cheating? Meh. I ignore that stuff and just do my thing. If people like it, great. The ones using all that ready made stuff are just short changing themselves in the long run. Then again, look at how the music today is anyway - overly processed generic stuff with pretty much no originality.
Also this :this:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader

Oh, I am gonna spread some freedom seeds this weekend.

john wick lionsgate GIF by John Wick: Chapter 2

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Lol I used to use loops so much when I started because back then I didn't even know how to put a track together, so I did it to learn. These days I don't do it anymore and even if I do use a drum loop or something like that I always cut it up and make it something unique. EQ the shit out of it or what ever I can to turn it into something else. But I do think that loops are a great gateway into making beats for someone who is just starting out and have no clue how to compose. Maybe that's just me idk...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Lol I used to use loops so much when I started because back then I didn't even know how to put a track together, so I did it to learn. These days I don't do it anymore and even if I do use a drum loop or something like that I always cut it up and make it something unique. EQ the shit out of it or what ever I can to turn it into something else. But I do think that loops are a great gateway into making beats for someone who is just starting out and have no clue how to compose. Maybe that's just me idk...
I remember when i had no clue about production (last week.((jkjk))) and i had HipHop eJay. Was literally just loops, but even then I found in it a drum sequencer and started programming my own loops, figured shitout by myself. I didn't even have internet, so i just listened to music and reverse engineered it.

But even back then I was eager to construct shit myself.

Moselly

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 32

I have used a pre made loop in a few of my beats before… shit that’s how I started making beats, but always added my own ideas to it to make it my own. If you use them then I feel you should always do this. Other wise go do a jig saw puzzle. I feel that organically creating a beat is way more satisfying. i don’t think it’s cheating but a tool to use. Sampling is a different story. I am amazed how well producers do this and finding the perfect chops, re-arranging them to make something new is also satisfying.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah when starting out, using pre made loops is perfectly fine. I encourage that, like using a breakbeat rather than making your own drums. Just to at least get a better grasp on how everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.