Battle Points: 22
How we see @Iron Keys
people you may know nodding GIF by The Orchard Films

how @Iron Keys sees us
cat copy GIF

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Yeah well im out for a while. Maybe till later, maybe not.

Really had enough of the whiny saltyness. Takes away the fun for me.

Take care

Sorry to hear that. Dont let others take control of your passion.

GOTTA MAINTAIN, MAYNE.

If you decide to stop battling, let me assure you, your music will be missed. If not by them, by me.

W0rd!

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Yeah well im out for a while. Maybe till later, maybe not.

Really had enough of the whiny saltyness. Takes away the fun for me.

Take care
Fuck it mang, brush the shoulder off... Cant be letting pixels ruin your day. I mean shit I am still here... I mean, I get salty about how some folks vote, but thats my problem, not yours. Cant have a buncha fucks to be giving out n all.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
@YannFer ... your beat sound like a remake of a Alchemist (i think) beat???
Unintentionally, maybe.

My thought process was this :
1. I found using famous songs as an obvious sample often wins (I remember that "Toto - Hold the line" won last "rock guitar" themed Beat This or Nutcracker at Christmas) which I usually avoid but I gave it a try.

2. I really like this flip of Toto from a french rapper I listened to when I was young :

3. As people were talking metal guitars as well as hard rock (and hard cocks), I went for Glam Metal, flippin' Bon Jovi - Runaway because it has a similar 16th note famous intro.

So it's basically a "remake" from that french beat with a different sample and I added the metal muted guitar to stick to the theme. I wouldn't call it stealing and I slept just fine :ROFLMAO:.

I checked whosampled.com and there was 18 flip of this Bon Jovi song so I didn't bother checking each.
Screenshot_20210827_060356_com.huawei.browser.jpg

When somebody said there was a Ruff Ryders thing I checked that Saigon - Ryders track and it's a similar beat. I thought it was me until I heard Arvin's :ROFLMAO:.

I like you Iron Keys and find you entertaining for the least.
Guys, c'mon he speaks his mind. Let's not make it more than that.

Peace y'all.

Last edited:

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Totally forgot to mention, since we re talking samples some of you might not know about looperman.com
Tons of stuff to sample and easy to download.

Thats where i get mine, if i decide to use samples.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
exactly, we have similar tastes. we should become a band tbh.
:borat:

Yo, wtf happened, why am i top 5?
Your beat was the shit bruh. Deal with it :fire:
@Vossi Beats it was your beat i thought the guitar was self played. I like the vibe, just wished more distortion on the guitar and some cleaner notes. buuuuut mad propz for playing yourself.
I was honestly sure you were talking about some other beat than mine, but I'm glad you liked it! Had some issues with my cable connector in the guitar and the cable being very low end, so had a lot of trouble getting the sound right especially with the distortion, so I also had to remove some of it, Which really bummed me out. On top of that were my lacking skills on an electrical guitar which I haven't played in more than 10 years by now.
@Vossi Beats Great beat man, liked it all around. Had that Indian type feel to it. Good shit and broke up pretty nicely. I am guessing guitar VST? It is what I used and maybe a bit different sound on one of guitars... meh I am not co producing... your shit was good. Defo top 5

This is a commentary from the worse "Producer" on here, so take it for what it is worth, a hot pile of shit. ILLMuzik is not liable nor endorses anything said by me... EVER. I have no idea what I am talking about and if we were in another country would probably be dragged out of the house and shot by now. Good day.
Nah man your words mean as much as anyone else's, don't tell yourself otherwise.
I used the guitar rig 5 player with my guitar plugged into the interface, so it's all recorded "live" or how you put it. Electrical is really not my strong suit tbh, but I did my best and that's that.
But yeah thanks for the positive feedback, means a lot bruh!
I really didn't expect to be on anyone's favorite list, so thank you. If just one person likes my shit then it has been worth the while and it seems to be that at least 3 persons like it, so that genuinely makes me wanna do some more guitar type beats and see if I can recover some of the skills I had back in the day.

Cookies!

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Honorable mentions (in no particular order):
@2GooD Productions
@Andante
@LiveLargeBeats
@Fury Beats
@Iron Keys
@Mahlhavoc

(plus my previously posted top 3 - all these I would gladly have on my spotify playlist!!!)

But again I really liked all the beats, there was only one that to me was to much all over the place and didn't really work. Think who made it is just starting out tho and then you shouldn't compare yourself to much against guys who has been doing it for years. Back in the saddle and just keep going.

Congrats to @crog85 that beat was sick. You really captured the groove that metal can have, it actually goes quite well with rap because riffs come from the blues.l

My faves:

@Fury Beats - got my vote - reminded me of Public Enemy Anthrax on Tony Hawks 2
@LiveLargeBeats - this didn't jump out at me yesterday but listening this morning can see it's really good
@Andante - nice groove good track for spitting bars
@Mahlhavoc - nice sample flip like thought it sounded like an official remix
@Iron Keys - nice drums, nice track, but yeah lacking the shreddage

Great comp overall everyone did good work.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Unintentionally, maybe.

My thought process was this :
1. I found using famous songs as an obvious sample often wins (I remember that "Toto - Hold the line" won last "rock guitar" themed Beat This or Nutcracker at Christmas) which I usually avoid but I gave it a try.

2. I really like this flip of Toto from a french rapper I listened to when I was young :

3. As people were talking metal guitars as well as hard rock (and hard cocks), I went for Glam Metal, flippin' Bon Jovi - Runaway because it has a similar 16th note famous intro.

So it's basically a "remake" from that french beat with a different sample and I added the metal muted guitar to stick to the theme. I wouldn't call it stealing and I slept just fine :ROFLMAO:.

I checked whosampled.com and there was 18 flip of this Bon Jovi song so I didn't bother checking each.
View attachment 6008

When somebody said there was a Ruff Ryders thing I checked that Saigon - Ryders track and it's a similar beat. I thought it was me until I heard Arvin's :ROFLMAO:.

I like you Iron Keys and find you entertaining for the least.
Guys, c'mon he speaks his mind. Let's not make it more than that.

Peace y'all.

Yeaj nah i figured also if the original song i was thinking was a sample then it could also be coincidence. For me it just reaaaally reminded way too much of something to vote for it.

I thought i found the track it sounds like, but then thought your track sounds more like the one i remember than the track i found did haha.

I'm have to follow that link see if i can find it. I was pretty sure it was the alchemist one, but like i said ha.

And thanks, I appreciate you.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
:borat:

Your beat was the shit bruh. Deal with it :fire:

I was honestly sure you were talking about some other beat than mine, but I'm glad you liked it! Had some issues with my cable connector in the guitar and the cable being very low end, so had a lot of trouble getting the sound right especially with the distortion, so I also had to remove some of it, Which really bummed me out. On top of that were my lacking skills on an electrical guitar which I haven't played in more than 10 years by now.

Nah man your words mean as much as anyone else's, don't tell yourself otherwise.
I used the guitar rig 5 player with my guitar plugged into the interface, so it's all recorded "live" or how you put it. Electrical is really not my strong suit tbh, but I did my best and that's that.
But yeah thanks for the positive feedback, means a lot bruh!

I really didn't expect to be on anyone's favorite list, so thank you. If just one person likes my shit then it has been worth the while and it seems to be that at least 3 persons like it, so that genuinely makes me wanna do some more guitar type beats and see if I can recover some of the skills I had back in the day.

Cookies!

Thanks for the mad propz.

Your beats need lot of work, mine do too, it was imo just luck that i placed top 5. I was just mega hyped when i read "HARD ROCK GUITAR". But, it had a certain nordic vibe which i totally love. Im a huge fan of Danheim and Warduna.

Damn, i need to make a nordic beat that bangs from Mid- to Asgard. xd

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@crog85 Nice beat man, good choice on the Metallica "The Memory Remains", your shit is solid as always
Yep, gotta thank Mrs. Crog for that sample… Took about 30 min to get that main sample chop + some drums, and knew itd be a top 5 contender (y)

I remember that "Toto - Hold the line" won last "rock guitar" themed Beat This
Actually i believe it was Skidrow - 18 and Life ;)

@YannFer Bon Jovi! Duh… I was listening to your beat, and knew it was from something Id heard before… I played it for my wife too and we were thinking something like Foreigner or Journey, but good stuff tho! Didnt make me think u “copied” anything at all, other than the original song you sampled…

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Your beats need lot of work
I have no idear what you are talking about G. I deliberately try to make my beats the same way that I like my women.
Skinny mid section, big low end and not to complicated in the progression towards the climax. And if they sometimes are a bit out of balance then I'm usually to drunk or high to notice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online