Beat This! - August 26-27, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Seems like it's taking me longer to remake my beat from 10 years ago than it took to make it in the first place ffs.

The thing that bugs me most,I thought it would be light and day improvement, shit sounding the exact same haha.

Starting to think i shoulda made something fresh

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
I got HEAT for yall.... Better come with it!!!!

Morpheus-Come-At-Me-Bro.gif

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
I have never had so much trouble coming up with a beat with piano. Hopefully I can come up with something tonight.

RAYKEYZ

The next competition will be from August 26-27th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on August 26th at 12pm ET (New York), and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on August 27th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out https://time.is/ to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: PIANO
Time Limit: 2 minutes
Vocal Track Allowed?: YES
  • Your beat MUST have PIANO in it!
  • It doesn't have to be all through the beat, but at least a decent amount of PIANO in your beat.
  • Types of piano: acoustic and digital, but NOT ORGAN!
===========
*NOTE: From now on there's a criteria called "vocal track allowed?". It will be yes or no. If it's "yes", this means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example). You can still have occasional vocal snippets (but don't rely on them too much).
===========

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

View attachment 5583
I need to get in this one im about to make a freash one too

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
You can do ALOT in 2 min. I want to see people get creative here. Boom bap, trap, or hip hop...doesn’t matter, let’s get creative in our arrangements. Focus on giving the beat more movement (counter melodies, different sections etc) Whether you make boom bap, trap, hip hop or RnB beats, it always will, inevitably, only be a beat. In my opinion,I feel as though beats without vocals are best sounding, when they are arranged as though vocals are singing or rapping on them. I like when Vocals are aloud on IllMuzik, because it really challenges you to create chords and melodies that help move the song and not make you feel like the beat keeps repeating over and over until it ends. Beats that already have a strong chord progression, can get more movement by modifying the drums or percussion to change the feel. Boom bap beats that are sampled can sometimes not have as much melodic movement. A great way to help that is by playing or inputting midi instruments to support what your sampling. (Counter melodies, bass notes, chords, etc) For all you boom bap! Check out @TACTIK @Primz @Fade @2GooD Productions they all do a great job at this.
***it doesn’t all start and stop with trying to hear vocals in your head to create music. Music is created and inspired into creation thousands of different ways. If you find your self stuck, and having writers block, this is Just one other way to bring out more creativity in your music making and it’s something I use often when making my music. If you sample a lot and do boom bap and would like to expand your music making vocab into different styles I’d love to give advice on where to start. I love boom bap, Im just not good at making it, yet. I will be also reaching out to boom bap players for their advice as well.
Oh and @Memento Beats i think I figured out the secret formula on the master channel ;)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I would be fine with just banning all trap beats going forward.

I say we start randomly banning people who don't vote for me.
You can do ALOT in 2 min. I want to see people get creative here. Boom bap, trap, or hip hop...doesn’t matter, let’s get creative in our arrangements. Focus on giving the beat more movement (counter melodies, different sections etc) Whether you make boom bap, trap, hip hop or RnB beats, it always will, inevitably, only be a beat. In my opinion,I feel as though beats without vocals are best sounding, when they are arranged as though vocals are singing or rapping on them. I like when Vocals are aloud on IllMuzik, because it really challenges you to create chords and melodies that help move the song and not make you feel like the beat keeps repeating over and over until it ends. Beats that already have a strong chord progression, can get more movement by modifying the drums or percussion to change the feel. Boom bap beats that are sampled can sometimes not have as much melodic movement. A great way to help that is by playing or inputting midi instruments to support what your sampling. (Counter melodies, bass notes, chords, etc) For all you boom bap! Check out @TACTIK @Primz @Fade @2GooD Productions they all do a great job at this.
***it doesn’t all start and stop with trying to hear vocals in your head to create music. Music is created and inspired into creation thousands of different ways. If you find your self stuck, and having writers block, this is Just one other way to bring out more creativity in your music making and it’s something I use often when making my music. If you sample a lot and do boom bap and would like to expand your music making vocab into different styles I’d love to give advice on where to start. I love boom bap, Im just not good at making it, yet. I will be also reaching out to boom bap players for their advice as well.
Oh and @Memento Beats i think I figured out the secret formula on the master channel ;)

Lol steady on, bruh.

Movin like crispi out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online