Beat This! - December 16-17, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
Real talk tho, i take every criteria into account.

Whereas most just vote for whichever sounds the most trap that's mixed well.
I don't believe you. I wish I could but you were literally the first one to say, "Voted already. Quickest I've ever voted." 15 min after the beats posted. haha 14x2= 28 min worth of beats.

I consider myself the ultimate critic because I consider everyones beat, listen multiple times, and really find a reason to vote for one. Usually will take me a few hours.

Unless I'm mistaken. There are only 6 beats that made a christmas beat after an actual christmas song. The rest either do a really good job hiding it or just decided to take another route. Pretty interested.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I don't believe you. I wish I could but you were literally the first one to say, "Voted already. Quickest I've ever voted." 15 min after the beats posted. haha 14x2= 28 min worth of beats.

I consider myself the ultimate critic because I consider everyones beat, listen multiple times, and really find a reason to vote for one. Usually will take me a few hours.

Unless I'm mistaken. There are only 6 beats that made a christmas beat after an actual christmas song. The rest either do a really good job hiding it or just decided to take another route. Pretty interested.

Then you've never seen me vote I usually don't place my vote until an hour or 2 before closing. I actually make a list (which i even post after the results) and usually have like my own semi finals+finals between beats, multiple listens trying to decide.
Pretty much everyone who frequents here is aware of that.

I listen to the intro and the main bulk of the song, I rarely listen start-finish, if i do it's because the track made me want to and that will often place high on my list or get shouted. If the intro is doing nothing for me i skip it.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
There are only 6 beats that made a christmas beat after an actual christmas song. The rest either do a really good job hiding it or just decided to take another route. Pretty interested.

There was no rule that you had to sample/use an existing Christmas song. Just that it had to be "Christmas style". I feel the beats here found various ways to achieve that; whether that's samples, sounds, or melodies. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
Then you've never seen me vote I usually don't place my vote until an hour or 2 before closing. I actually make a list (which i even post after the results) and usually have like my own semi finals+finals between beats, multiple listens trying to decide.
Pretty much everyone who frequents here is aware of that.

I listen to the intro and the main bulk of the song, I rarely listen start-finish, if i do it's because the track made me want to and that will often place high on my list or get shouted. If the intro is doing nothing for me i skip it.
I'm not going there with you today. Just know people can see right through your shenanigans.

And yeah I know thats why i said it was interesting cause I'm actually playing all of the songs all the way through and paying attention to those things. Its not why I'm voting but just pointing it out there.

Last edited:
This right here is coming from a professional nagger. I been bitchin my whole life.

I always was into judging how people judge the beats but that's some whole overthought level of bullshit I don't have time for. just vote for whoever you wanna vote for. if you're okay with it, you can listen to all of all of the beats, you're actually awesome if you do that instead of actin like it's a race or some shit like Iron, but then if a beat is shit, you don't have to torture yourself all the way through the 2 mins. just click on 3 4 other parts of it and see if they did anything impressive, if not then just skip. if ur taste is boom bappy, vote for boom bap. if ur taste is trappy, vote for trap. if ur into a clean mix more than a good production, so be it.

These battles are an exercise to make music for a certain community, as long as no one biases the community taste as a whole it'll be okay. everyone has their own ways and tastes, so the battles are still fair.

Also, if the beat u made that would've been like a platinum record if normal people heard it, but it comes and loses to a simple boom bap here, I don't give a shit. either recognize your audience and give your Good music direction based on your audience, or stop moaning about it. plus, we're all musicians after all, good music at least gets to runner-up (or top 5, like some people on the latest battle that).

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
actin like it's a race or some shit like Iron

Haha I don't think of it as such. I was making the point I'm usually one of the very last to vote, because I can't decide. Pretty much every beat this. (go check)

But this time I came on like within like a minute of Fade posting the beats, and I had nothing else to do.

Have since given them a re-listen but on my monitors. My vote still stands.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
...You don't have to torture yourself all the way through the 2 mins....
Truth is, in the real world if a rapper tries to decide if he wants your beat or not, he won't give your beat more than 20 seconds.
It is an important part of beatmaking to catch somebody's attention as fast as possible.
If you can't do that, you need to work on that.

Then again, would I vote for a beat who throws something really dope at 1'50'' ? I might. But I won't force myself until then just in case.

Truth is, in the real world if a rapper tries to decide if he wants your beat or not, he won't give your beat more than 20 seconds.
It is an important part of beatmaking to catch somebody's attention as fast as possible.
If you can't do that, you need to work on that.

Then again, would I vote for a beat who throws something really dope at 1'50'' ? I might. But I won't force myself until then just in case.
I myself am a procrastinator when it comes to giving out quality in my beat. like if u listen to my orchestras, the most interesting part that goes big is usually the very last like ... chorus that I turn into a huge thing and finish off the song with. I'm sure most people don't even get to that part, or at least my yt stats say that. it's the era of fucked up attention spans.

But then again, as a musician I can recognize the core & soul of the song by listening for like 5 seconds, Especially hip hop. cuz I been making shit beats and dope beats for 5 years now, It's not hard to know if a beat is just hopeless.

ThE_SiRe_BeAtS

If you got patience....you got everything....
@Primz hahaha broooo i was thinking the same thing when i heard that beat!! But overal i find the beats of good quality! Iv'e bin listening in my car becouse i am always on my way home from work when the voting opens! Congrats to everybody for making these bangers!! Hope i even make it to the runner-up this time... i think i'm gonna lose the christmas throne:p @Armani Dude i always find ur comments DOPE AS FUCK! You should write a book man! :D

@Primz hahaha broooo i was thinking the same thing when i heard that beat!! But overal i find the beats of good quality! Iv'e bin listening in my car becouse i am always on my way home from work when the voting opens! Congrats to everybody for making these bangers!! Hope i even make it to the runner-up this time... i think i'm gonna lose the christmas throne:p @Armani Dude i always find ur comments DOPE AS FUCK! You should write a book man! :D
Yeah man. I also have this tremendous talent where if someone tells me I'm good at something, My body automatically dedicates all of it's energy in proving that someone wrong :D

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Yeah man. I also have this tremendous talent where if someone tells me I'm good at something, My body automatically dedicates all of it's energy in proving that someone wrong :D
The more you do what people expect from you, the more they expect it. You disappoint from the very start... Solid strategy to remain a free man.

Constantly having to behave as expected is a dangerous prison.

Midlife crisis is the name when you break out.

Status
Not open for further replies.