Beat This! - December 19-20, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from December 19-20th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on December 19th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on December 20th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: CHRISTMAS

Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

• Your beat must have a Christmas feel to it!
  • Sleigh bells are a plus!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2018121920.png

i'm trying a different approach this year....hope it doesn't blow you guys mind too much..good luck to all contestants tomorrow

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 138
Wow these beats were so dope. Every single one was hard!
Made it hard for me to choose.
Good job to everyone.and good luck

I had some laptop issues over the past couple weeks.. had to do some major surgery and was able to revive it just in time for this .

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@44Beatzz Congrats! Dope beat, not really hearing the xmas theme... other than the intro and hohoho’s here and there... meh, still sounds good tho

@DEEZ BEATZ Crazy! Lol Wasnt expecting that, not really my style, but still super creative... drum patterns and drum sounds on point as usual, great work manipulating the sample too :up2:

@44Beatzz Congrats! Dope beat, not really hearing the xmas theme... other than the intro and hohoho’s here and there... meh, still sounds good tho

@DEEZ BEATZ Crazy! Lol Wasnt expecting that, not really my style, but still super creative... drum patterns and drum sounds on point as usual, great work manipulating the sample too :up2:
Thanks bruh, I love doing the unexpected..

I used a sequence keyboard for the vocal chops and a 909 drum machine..then I sync up the keyboard and drum machine to create what they call a "trigger".. that way I can control the drum machine with the keys on the keyboard..easier than it sounds...

I used a sequence keyboard for the vocal chops and a 909 drum machine..then I sync up the keyboard and drum machine to create what they call a "trigger".. that way I can control the drum machine with the keys on the keyboard..easier than it sounds...
It's also a track from my new xmas mixtape I'm dropping this weekend..

Ok, that was crazy, but can i also do that on FL Studio? or you will make a video tutorial for me
I don't use FL..I could show you but if you're not using what I use then it would be a waste of time.I use plug ins and midi cause I play drums and keyboards. And I also work in a recording studio as an engineer..I make a lot of my music there too. But they have cool videos on YouTube on how to chop beats and samples using FL..I have out grown FL and it doesn't really give me the sound or enough track separation..I use reaper, NI, Sony music studio 10, and Machine and i still use turntables bruh.plus I also play my beats on my drums and sample the beats I make..so what I am trying to say is if you want to make better sounds you have to spend some money on better stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online