Beat This! - February 23-24, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from February 23-24th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on February 23rd at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on February 24th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: Trap
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

• You must make a TRAP beat!

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2022022324.jpg

Uzis and Monies type beat?
making it rain, with other peoples brains, going insane with my uzi from the train,
stacking up bills as Im racking up kills, looting the bodies for sexual thrills,
yeah Im fucking ill, stacking up the corpses, their lifeforce to absorb it,
draining their blood to drink, Ima drink all of it, still, congrats crog, Im calling it.

Last edited:
God damn trap beat, haha ok this might be a disaster but I’m going to give it a go. I won’t be finger drumming those trap hats that’s for sure, note repeat I think.
So if you hear a beat that’s not quite trap then that’s probably me, it’s the taking part that counts (apparently).
Putting that out there before you listen and collectively think ‘wtf is that shit?’ Let’s get it

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Already made 3 beats for this. Not sure i can be bothered to make any more.

Current one is real good, but i feel it's the kinda beat that it just wants that vocal on it as opposed to really hitting solo.

Might just have to go with it tho as cba to make anymore. (My first one is a way better beat, but it's different n depends how close people want the theme feel to be)

Already made 3 beats for this. Not sure i can be bothered to make any more.

Current one is real good, but i feel it's the kinda beat that it just wants that vocal on it as opposed to really hitting solo.

Might just have to go with it tho as cba to make anymore. (My first one is a way better beat, but it's different n depends how close people want the theme feel to be)

3 beats? Alright alright no need to rub it in. Yeah that’s tricky now you have to decide on which one. Still, better your 3 than my kinda one.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
3 beats? Alright alright no need to rub it in. Yeah that’s tricky now you have to decide on which one. Still, better your 3 than my kinda one.
Nah if any I'll go with my last one. Don't think any of them will win. Not that they're not good, they are, just i don't think they'll be doing what people are wanting. Or might be, maybe don't underestimate th3 voters.

One of my beats i made for the "Dirty" theme, won last Beat This. (Even tho my Dirty beat didn't place!)

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I never make trap beats so I thought I give it a try. I was searching for some good trap beats for inspiration (rhythm and melody wise, what instruments used etc.)...
So I googled "best trap producers of all time" and searched for instrumentals from them on youtube... I was far from impressed tbh. It's like they all use the same sample kit and add a detuned synth/piano to it? To top it off, the melodies on most of them sound very static (or robotic).

So my question is, where do you guys get your inspiration from? Favorite trap producer, favorite beat etc... Can you post some examples? Does a good trap beat has to have the typical 808 drums/bass and a thin detuned synth?

@Primz @crog85 @Mahlhavoc or anyone that usually makes trap

I never make trap beats so I thought I give it a try. I was searching for some good trap beats for inspiration (rhythm and melody wise, what instruments used etc.)...
So I googled "best trap producers of all time" and searched for instrumentals from them on youtube... I was far from impressed tbh. It's like they all use the same sample kit and add a detuned synth/piano to it? To top it off, the melodies on most of them sound very static (or robotic).

So my question is, where do you guys get your inspiration from? Favorite trap producer, favorite beat etc... Can you post some examples? Does a good trap beat has to have the typical 808 drums/bass and a thin detuned synth?

Well @TWU that makes two of us. I am just looking at it as a challenge and learning process as I am with all music production. Just enjoy it and have a go (y)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I never make trap beats so I thought I give it a try.
Niiice. That's the mentality to have. The harder or more out of the norm a Beat This is, the more the reason to enter it!

Guys, guys, i already did the anti-trap campaign!
Jokes aside, this was my issue with it, I'd say it's probably more a problem of copycats with no individuality or identity.

Does a good trap beat has to have the typical 808 drums/bass and a thin detuned synth?
Doesn't haveee to, i made one that had altered vibes but definitely trap. It's the right thing to do if you're a good producer/creative. But could be a gamble in this battle.

So yeah, typical trap doeshave a sonic quality you need to match for it to fit the vibe.

Is this what came up when you googled "best trap producers of all time" ?

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Niiice. That's the mentality to have. The harder or more out of the norm a Beat This is, the more the reason to enter it!

Guys, guys, i already did the anti-trap campaign!
Jokes aside, this was my issue with it, I'd say it's probably more a problem of copycats with no individuality or identity.

Doesn't haveee to, i made one that had altered vibes but definitely trap. It's the right thing to do if you're a good producer/creative. But could be a gamble in this battle.

So yeah, typical trap doeshave a sonic quality you need to match for it to fit the vibe.

Is this what came up when you googled "best trap producers of all time" ?

Hehe lol, my post was far from an anti-trap campaign. I do appreciate good music, no matter what (sub)genre.

I think the list I found was more something like "the pioneers of trap"...

Yeah, about the gamble, that's the point. I don't want it to sound too much like EDM if that makes sense. (corny Trap Nation stuff)

But seriously, anyone here that has a favorite trap artist or some example beats to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online