Beat This! - February 23-24, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Hehe lol, my post was far from an anti-trap campaign. I do appreciate good music, no matter what (sub)genre.

I think the list I found was more something like "the pioneers of trap"...

Yeah, about the gamble, that's the point. I don't want it to sound too much like EDM if that makes sense. (corny Trap Nation stuff)

But seriously, anyone here that has a favorite trap artist or some example beats to share?

At risk of making dem boy come out trying to shower us with their salt... it all pretty much sounds the same.

Just go click around a bunch of mumble rap videos or anything with autotune and hihat rolls.

Lil Baby. Da Baby. Small Baby. Yung Baby. BabyBaby. Lil Bum Boi.

any rapper with 'lil' or 'baby' in their name, that also happens to be male.

I never make trap beats so I thought I give it a try. I was searching for some good trap beats for inspiration (rhythm and melody wise, what instruments used etc.)...
So I googled "best trap producers of all time" and searched for instrumentals from them on youtube... I was far from impressed tbh. It's like they all use the same sample kit and add a detuned synth/piano to it? To top it off, the melodies on most of them sound very static (or robotic).

So my question is, where do you guys get your inspiration from? Favorite trap producer, favorite beat etc... Can you post some examples? Does a good trap beat has to have the typical 808 drums/bass and a thin detuned synth?

@Primz @crog85 @Mahlhavoc or anyone that usually makes trap
Honestly, what i do is randomise notes on FLstudio until i hear something that i can work with. You dnt really need typical 808s, but your snares and drums need to bang hard!!!!! I am from old school hip hop and that has given me an edge in trap since i love melodies more then drumming. I havent even started with one for this comp. Starting now

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
This dude really over thinking the "trap" theme.
The shit sounded the same ten years ago and he still like " how do you make trap?" Cmon, son.

Golden State Warriors Whatever GIF by Bleacher Report

Haha ok, so detuned piano over some 808's and call it a wrap....

I Got This Football GIF by UEFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online