• Beat This! Competition
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 91
@crog85 On point!
@Primz Very smooth.
@Silentz Very dope but would be perfect with an emcee.
@Fraanz Nice!!

Thanks Fade. I wish I could have had some scratches and cuts on that one to. Soon though. I have a numark pt01 supposed to be here today but my sorry as mail man is probably somewhere smoking a blunt and taking all day. It might be awhile before I'm brave enough to share something with it tho lol

Iron Keys

Leave your EDM in the bin on your way in
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 47
:guillotine:
aight so my browser refreshed so I don't know which beats were what (cba to figure them all out)
but hurrr it izzz...

beat this 2021 notes.PNG

beat 6 @Fraanz - real nice vibes on this, love that soundplaying the melody.

beat 8 @Armani - I get to keep my house! Really good stuff, Iran Keys. I been saying if you do the orchestral stuff and slap drums to it it'll be a problem.

beat 11 @guitardep - obviously this was you. wish i could play guitar like that, that ish is so delish!

beat 12 @Js Beats - nice lively and punchy and quite fun.

beat 20 - @Seratos - really cool af beat. quite enjoyed that. very modern sound. could imagine some of the better trap rappers lighting this up

beat 18 - @xoxo_daisy__ - ha! crazy that i inadvertently predicted what you were gonna make. cute beat, could be sick in a video game

beat 14 - @Primz - nice jazzy n floaty. wondered if this may have been ^xoxo daisy at first because of the chords

beat 19 - @Copyno - real nice, just sounded a bit 'full on' for me

:fire: beat 23 @slinkynoa - you got my VOTE really loved the vibe and character of this. But really disliked those horns at the end, didn't suit the beat imho and almost cost the vote - but really loved the main vibe. Nice stuff!

Note: any beat 'nudged forward' in the notepad means it was in my kinda 'finals' round.

Stay ill.

Oh, and well done @crog85 yours was my beat 5 !

nottr

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 25
@Iron Keys was my beat 16? it was a terribe mix-looking into it as we speak-deadlines man.

highlights were

@Fraanz my fav-soooo deep
@Andante rappers should be murdering eachother to get to flow on this, hits the spot!
@Primz a thing of beauty
@guitardep would've loved to have seen the bookies odds on you winning this one! nice work though
@TACTIK was laughing my ass off-what is that melody?

high standards all around though!

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
@Iron Keys was my beat 16? it was a terribe mix-looking into it as we speak-deadlines man.

nah,your mix sounds alright. i can't remember what i thought of yours at the time. Often the beats sound different when i listen to them after haha.
beat 16 i think was a darkish sounding one, in terms of tonality. i think

Armani

The Kid
Battle Points: 278

Armani

The Kid
Battle Points: 278

highlights were

@Andante rappers should be murdering eachother to get to flow on this, hits the spot!
@Primz a thing of beauty
@guitardep would've loved to have seen the bookies odds on you winning this one! nice work though

guitardep

Battle Points: 8

highlights were

@Primz a thing of beauty

Tks, i appreciate a lot, and also there were really good beats in this competition.

guitardep

Battle Points: 8
:guillotine:
aight so my browser refreshed so I don't know which beats were what (cba to figure them all out)
but hurrr it izzz...

View attachment 5742

beat 6 @Fraanz - real nice vibes on this, love that soundplaying the melody.

beat 8 @Armani - I get to keep my house! Really good stuff, Iran Keys. I been saying if you do the orchestral stuff and slap drums to it it'll be a problem.

beat 11 @guitardep - obviously this was you. wish i could play guitar like that, that ish is so delish!

beat 12 @Js Beats - nice lively and punchy and quite fun.

beat 20 - @Seratos - really cool af beat. quite enjoyed that. very modern sound. could imagine some of the better trap rappers lighting this up

beat 18 - @xoxo_daisy__ - ha! crazy that i inadvertently predicted what you were gonna make. cute beat, could be sick in a video game

beat 14 - @Primz - nice jazzy n floaty. wondered if this may have been ^xoxo daisy at first because of the chords

beat 19 - @Copyno - real nice, just sounded a bit 'full on' for me

:fire: beat 23 @slinkynoa - you got my VOTE really loved the vibe and character of this. But really disliked those horns at the end, didn't suit the beat imho and almost cost the vote - but really loved the main vibe. Nice stuff!

Note: any beat 'nudged forward' in the notepad means it was in my kinda 'finals' round.

Stay ill.

Oh, and well done @crog85 yours was my beat 5 !

Tks, it was all original guitar, i dont use samples or try to never do covers.

Face Valid

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 98
Some really cool beats all round. Well done @crog85, really nice! @Primz - you would have got my vote. lovely stuff. Sorry didn't realise you can vote on beats your up against? All the other runners up really good too. @Armani - at first I thought I thought it was music for a ladies' home renovations show but then that flute came in and it was all Scott Storch and shit, sounded decent!
@Seratos - really liked the vibe of your beat.
@Silentz - proper 90s shit!
@BeatsBySpur - I really liked this. When it started it sounded like a Prodigy track from the 90s, had flashbacks to the raving days standing in front of a stack at 3am!
@amac1mo - liked this beat though it needed some polish. I can see someone going hard on this.

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
This was fun, thanks for letting me partake. :biggrin:

Make sure you come back for the themed ones (which are more frequent than the non-themed ones), those can get quite interesting... sample flips, themes, etc, interesting to see everyone's take on it.

The no themes are a bit of a wild free for all. But the themed ones can get some interesting results n beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

illmuzik on youtube

Beat This! Competition
ProducerSpot MIDI Melody
ProducerSpot MIDI Melody
Beat This! Competition