Beat This! - January 13-14, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
@crog85 On point!
@Primz Very smooth.
@Silentz Very dope but would be perfect with an emcee.
@Fraanz Nice!!

Thanks Fade. I wish I could have had some scratches and cuts on that one to. Soon though. I have a numark pt01 supposed to be here today but my sorry as mail man is probably somewhere smoking a blunt and taking all day. It might be awhile before I'm brave enough to share something with it tho lol

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
:guillotine:
aight so my browser refreshed so I don't know which beats were what (cba to figure them all out)
but hurrr it izzz...

beat this 2021 notes.PNG

beat 6 @Fraanz - real nice vibes on this, love that soundplaying the melody.

beat 8 @Armani - I get to keep my house! Really good stuff, Iran Keys. I been saying if you do the orchestral stuff and slap drums to it it'll be a problem.

beat 11 @guitardep - obviously this was you. wish i could play guitar like that, that ish is so delish!

beat 12 @Js Beats - nice lively and punchy and quite fun.

beat 20 - @Seratos - really cool af beat. quite enjoyed that. very modern sound. could imagine some of the better trap rappers lighting this up

beat 18 - @xoxo_daisy__ - ha! crazy that i inadvertently predicted what you were gonna make. cute beat, could be sick in a video game

beat 14 - @Primz - nice jazzy n floaty. wondered if this may have been ^xoxo daisy at first because of the chords

beat 19 - @Copyno - real nice, just sounded a bit 'full on' for me

:fire: beat 23 @slinkynoa - you got my VOTE really loved the vibe and character of this. But really disliked those horns at the end, didn't suit the beat imho and almost cost the vote - but really loved the main vibe. Nice stuff!

Note: any beat 'nudged forward' in the notepad means it was in my kinda 'finals' round.

Stay ill.

Oh, and well done @crog85 yours was my beat 5 !

@Iron Keys was my beat 16? it was a terribe mix-looking into it as we speak-deadlines man.

highlights were

@Fraanz my fav-soooo deep
@Andante rappers should be murdering eachother to get to flow on this, hits the spot!
@Primz a thing of beauty
@guitardep would've loved to have seen the bookies odds on you winning this one! nice work though
@TACTIK was laughing my ass off-what is that melody?

high standards all around though!

@Iron Keys was my beat 16? it was a terribe mix-looking into it as we speak-deadlines man.

highlights were

@Andante rappers should be murdering eachother to get to flow on this, hits the spot!
@Primz a thing of beauty
@guitardep would've loved to have seen the bookies odds on you winning this one! nice work though

guitardep

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 126

highlights were

@Primz a thing of beauty

Tks, i appreciate a lot, and also there were really good beats in this competition.

guitardep

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 126
:guillotine:
aight so my browser refreshed so I don't know which beats were what (cba to figure them all out)
but hurrr it izzz...

View attachment 5742

beat 6 @Fraanz - real nice vibes on this, love that soundplaying the melody.

beat 8 @Armani - I get to keep my house! Really good stuff, Iran Keys. I been saying if you do the orchestral stuff and slap drums to it it'll be a problem.

beat 11 @guitardep - obviously this was you. wish i could play guitar like that, that ish is so delish!

beat 12 @Js Beats - nice lively and punchy and quite fun.

beat 20 - @Seratos - really cool af beat. quite enjoyed that. very modern sound. could imagine some of the better trap rappers lighting this up

beat 18 - @xoxo_daisy__ - ha! crazy that i inadvertently predicted what you were gonna make. cute beat, could be sick in a video game

beat 14 - @Primz - nice jazzy n floaty. wondered if this may have been ^xoxo daisy at first because of the chords

beat 19 - @Copyno - real nice, just sounded a bit 'full on' for me

:fire: beat 23 @slinkynoa - you got my VOTE really loved the vibe and character of this. But really disliked those horns at the end, didn't suit the beat imho and almost cost the vote - but really loved the main vibe. Nice stuff!

Note: any beat 'nudged forward' in the notepad means it was in my kinda 'finals' round.

Stay ill.

Oh, and well done @crog85 yours was my beat 5 !

Tks, it was all original guitar, i dont use samples or try to never do covers.

Some really cool beats all round. Well done @crog85, really nice! @Primz - you would have got my vote. lovely stuff. Sorry didn't realise you can vote on beats your up against? All the other runners up really good too. @Armani - at first I thought I thought it was music for a ladies' home renovations show but then that flute came in and it was all Scott Storch and shit, sounded decent!
@Seratos - really liked the vibe of your beat.
@Silentz - proper 90s shit!
@BeatsBySpur - I really liked this. When it started it sounded like a Prodigy track from the 90s, had flashbacks to the raving days standing in front of a stack at 3am!
@amac1mo - liked this beat though it needed some polish. I can see someone going hard on this.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
This was fun, thanks for letting me partake. :biggrin:

Make sure you come back for the themed ones (which are more frequent than the non-themed ones), those can get quite interesting... sample flips, themes, etc, interesting to see everyone's take on it.

The no themes are a bit of a wild free for all. But the themed ones can get some interesting results n beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online