Beat This! - July 1-2, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
UPDATE

So I heard back from him and he keeps insisting that they're all his beats. He's saying that he sold some of those beats and there's guys that buy beats and post them as their own. I believe that. I'm sure there's lots of shady stuff online. However, if he's telling the truth it's still messed up because I have to go by his word so I don't know what to believe. Anyone can say "I sold that beat and that guy used it as his own". If he did make those beats and sell them, then someone else use it as their own, then he shouldn't have posted those beats on here in battles.

He's saying that even though he sold them they're still his beats originally. That's fine, but he made the mistake to post them here because all we see is other people claiming those beats as their own and there's no proof that they're his. None of this adds up. Even if he's telling the truth, how are we supposed to believe any of it? I know some guys use loops but we're talking entire beats here. Then you add in the fact that @Memento Beats brought up awhile ago about the 50 billion plays or whatever, it just doesn't look good.

UPDATE

So I heard back from him and he keeps insisting that they're all his beats. He's saying that he sold some of those beats and there's guys that buy beats and post them as their own. I believe that. I'm sure there's lots of shady stuff online. However, if he's telling the truth it's still messed up because I have to go by his word so I don't know what to believe. Anyone can say "I sold that beat and that guy used it as his own". If he did make those beats and sell them, then someone else use it as their own, then he shouldn't have posted those beats on here in battles.

He's saying that even though he sold them they're still his beats originally. That's fine, but he made the mistake to post them here because all we see is other people claiming those beats as their own and there's no proof that they're his. None of this adds up. Even if he's telling the truth, how are we supposed to believe any of it? I know some guys use loops but we're talking entire beats here. Then you add in the fact that @Memento Beats brought up awhile ago about the 50 billion plays or whatever, it just doesn't look good.

Everything about this guy is shady and I'm quite surprised that you believe him... I mean I'm not talking about stuff that was posted on some YouTube channel with a few subs or something. I'm talking mostly about this edition of Beat This as he used a track that was used on television and as @KOOLDJRKM or @KongoRampoozy said was used by them for a long time in their dj sets. If you look up any of his stuff online nothing adds up. He portrays himself as some super producer and yet nobody knows him. Everytime he posts some mixtape or album he doesn't post a linkt to Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music or something. Every goddamn time you are redirected to some weird obscure sites and most of the time you have to have VPN in order to access them. I mean, what's the point of that??? Why does he have to be so discrete with his music if he's so good and renown.

He said multiple times that he collaborates with many different artists and that his brand is so good... If it's so good why they can't have even a proper website??? When you go to his soundcloud profile you will see 650k plays and 3 likes I mean this is hilarious man...

Now, call me whatever you want but I'm at the point where I don't believe any of what this guy is saying. Literally, I don't respect him and today we all saw how delusional he is and what was his attitude towards all of us. I mean each one of us tries to come up with the best beat we possibly can and tries to help each other. He was just reuploading beats of other people.

And besides @Fade you know what took place a few months ago so I'm not gonna say anything more about him.

KongoRampoozy

Battle Points: 6
I never meant to cause any trouble by this I just think it sucks that it would be done. I don't doubt that some of the beats are originally his own but I can stake money on the fact that the beat he used for the latest beat this isn't his own, it's over 6 years old, why use that now! It's not a funny situation and we all dedicate hours to these battles and with mixed result (talking more about my case than any one else, everyone else seems to bring heat!) It gets a bit demoralizing when I am trying to get better and then you see that people can do that sort of stuff and it makes you think why bother as there is probably others that do it as well. Any way I am safe in the knowledge that whilst I have sampled tracks before I haven't outright plagurised anyone's music as my own regardless of how much I struggle with making decent beats.

joemonco

MoncoMade™
Battle Points: 35
Fair enough if thats the case with all these beats coming up that have different production credits.

whats the deal with this latest battle tho,
Deez was saying he mixed it 5 times to get right, its 3 diffrent songs chopped together,
picked up a few things, like new keyboard, vst's and other software..always trying to improve the quality of my music...

its sounds the same as from the dance video in 2018?
so if that was his track he was keeping for rainy day battle did he really touch it up before the battle?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Fade I know wed all like to believe hin, but I am sorry, the beat he posted this time, the one he said he had to remix 3 times in this very thread, the one he got new tools for for this beat... it was made in 2018 and on some shit like dancing with the stars... cmon man.

Besides, it's suspicious that he doesn't want to make a proper collaboration with any member of this forum. Everytime he's asked about it he replies that he doesn't have time or that he's other things to do. I didn't have any problem with making project with @2GooD Productions and I sent a lot of my files and ideas to him as well as he did. So if he's so supportive towards us why doesn't he want to have a collaboration with us?

Because he's stealing and that's it!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm not saying I believe him, I'm just trying to make sense of all of this. This has never happened before so it's still a shock.

The thing is, these battles were never designed for a scenario like this. When I first started the battles it was Beat This in 2003. Back then there was no beat selling going on anywhere. No websites, nothing. People that made beats did it to get known, maybe signed, and most of the time they worked with rappers and made complete songs. Now that there's beat selling going on all over the place, things have changed drastically. I never imagined someone would use someone else's beat or use a beat they sold to someone.

The way ALL the battles on here were designed was so that members can make a beat, upload it, and battle. That's it. I know everyone wants to be at the top of the charts and have the most points but it's not about that. It's about battling, having fun, learning, hanging out here, etc. I just hate the fact that it's turned into this.

Anyway, I'm not in the mood to later stuff right now but starting tomorrow I'm on it. I had other stuff to do but I want to take care of this because I'm pissed off.

I knew something was up with the gold disk he had bought, smelled a rat then. Memento had his number months ago. I let it slide, but not now. This is some straight up fucking fraud, points arent much, but to some of the members on the come up it really means a lot, it lets them know they are getting somewhere, only to have a fraud steal their glory like he steals beats.
Add to that the prize from the battle that that he literally stole. Thats taking a real prize from somebody that deserved it, this time it just happened to be me, now Ive been robbed, Im really fucking pissed.

Ive just got in from work so Im going to go over the whole thread, whats done is done, should remove him from the site and the leaderboard full stop, unless he can prove he made the beat. Otherwise, Id get rid personally, it affects the integrity of the battles and the sooner hes gone the better.

Now its time to go over this whole thread and see what I missed while stuck at work.

If he can post a drums and vocals only version of his latest submission, im cool with him...

No, I'm not cool with that. This way you're giving him ANOTHER chance to fuck you up. This track was used in commercial places like television etc. It could be very easy to find trackouts somewhere, I'm pretty sure of that. I'm not cool with this. Honestly speaking, I don't see anything that could change my mind and my attitude towards him. For me he's a fraud and delusional scumbag. That's what I think about him...

Dont forget he used his moderator privileges to delete posts that were calling him out on cheating... :facts:

That's another thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.