Beat This! - July 2-3, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from July 2-3! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on July 2nd at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have 20 contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on July 3rd, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: 120BPM
Time Limit: 2 minutes

• Your beat MUST have a BPM of 120! (or it can be 60)
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned (depending on the mood I'm in).

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2018070203.png

Last edited:

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17
Yeah because some are 120 but it's actually 60. When I load tracks into Traktor and scan for the BPM, sometimes I see half of what it's supposed to be. So just to clarify - 120 or 60 BPM.
Traktor reminds me! Need to try find native instruments Komplete - thatd be awesome! Had it once, but had to reinstall new harddrive, never backed up alot of my shit, but it was pirated, n not all in that package worked :( Just too dang expensive tho getting it outright :( lol

JAY UNO

Sample heavy? Just a little bit.
Battle Points: 134
@shocro sorry to hear about your set up. My gear went wacko last week. Wouldn't connect to my turntable or mic. Good luck.
@Fade you are truly the illest, appreciate the battles, it must take some time and effort to organize the events. Thanks.

got some good beats here today..i find it very funny how many members stay away from the themed competitions...honestly the themed ones are the easiest beats to make because you have more direction than you do if you just created a beat without...jmo

well there are for sure a lot of beats that i think are way better than mine...i should have made a little more effort, but with all of these different projects i got going on..i rarely have time to make beats just for me...lol

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Close but no cigar. Congrats Deez. Your the man.
Your beat was right up there man, it was well done. I do think @DEEZ BEATZ 's beat was the best one for this theme. There was one that wasn't 120BPM but I put it in anyway because there could be a slight chance the bpm scan was off maybe?

I was expecting the beats to be 60 but show up as 120. Not sure who did what but overall I liked it. I'll make an announcement soon about the next one (no theme!).

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Your beat was right up there man, it was well done. I do think @DEEZ BEATZ 's beat was the best one for this theme. There was one that wasn't 120BPM but I put it in anyway because there could be a slight chance the bpm scan was off maybe?

I was expecting the beats to be 60 but show up as 120. Not sure who did what but overall I liked it. I'll make an announcement soon about the next one (no theme!).
Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.