Beat This! - July 27-28, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@InsideOutBeats , in regards to that "old man vs trap comment", i hear what u say'n , g. dont you think the trap guys are gonna vote for what they like? they're not going " oh, nice analog warmth. where u get that sample?". it what it is. voters vote on the same battle they participatin' in. Gotta be some bias right? i know fade does his best to stop the bias but c'mon man. think about it. so, i wouldt worry about it. master your grandpa style and have peace within, brother.

Exactly that son! That’s why I’m feeling leave these Beat This and Warzones, not coz I’m anywhere near better than the competition but because there is no point when my style is dead and buried to the younger voters.

Of course their is bias but it’s a Theme of Psycho, and proves my point to myself to focus on my own shit and not these battles of mixed musical taste.

@Delta_Nine son, old grandpa @InsideOutBeats will be just fine :love:

SAM SEED

Siu Tien Yuen
Battle Points: 4
Once you stop having fun or you start caring about what folks think?

STOP!

I'm new to this
I got a program/software I never used. Fun finding this and that and create.

What's next Fade?

tenor.gif

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Whatever the theme is, there should be consistency in the type of beat. To make it fair, either make it a boom bap themed battle or a trap/drill themed battle. I'm tired of the drill/trap sound tbh.

Whatever the theme is, there should be consistency in the type of beat. To make it fair, either make it a boom bap themed battle or a trap/drill themed battle. I'm tired of the drill/trap sound tbh.
L take. let people be free with their creativity n shit.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
same with @Iron Keys just because the song says "crazy" once a while doesn't mean it's crazy ya cheeky cock :hahaha:
disagree, to me it sounded so.
the eerie synths, the echoey thoughts and depth.
The eerie 1960's sample - popular with psycho type killer stuff.

Most the beats didn't sound 'crazy psycho' to me sounded more like angry MMA or something

disagree, to me it sounded so.
the eerie synths, the echoey thoughts and depth.
The eerie 1960's sample - popular with psycho type killer stuff.

Most the beats didn't sound 'crazy psycho' to me sounded more like angry MMA or something
it doesn't brother, I swear to allah it doesn't. it's more like pre-crazy at best.

btw I think I just realized what u sampled for that.

Did I get it right?

They are free to join the battle or not join. Different strokes for different folks.
nahh idk, personally I'm against these typa limitations. cuz like when they say the word "Crazy" you might start hearing some trappy shit, I might hear orchestra stuff and someone else might hear straight up sound effects. it's already limiting enough that we have to make it hip hop and that's a Good limitation imo, but making it trap vs boom bap is too much.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
@Fade When we do these battles. Is it the same group of people that joined the battle voting or do we have other members on this board voting as well? Just curious.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Re the Trap discussion

It's quite simple...
Someone gets into "oh i wanna make type beats" goes on youtube downloads the same sounds copies same thing starts making generic trap/type beat.
Signs up to beatmaking forum, hears a well produced trap beat: "omg 808s. Omg hihat rolls. This is fire"

I checked into a few sample flip competitions (open to all genres), every time you would get about 10+ "trap/drill" submissions... which would literally just be the unedited sample with trap drums put underneath... and very often... out of tune 808s.
Now still, all the trap kids in the comments would respond "omg this beat is fire :fire: "
Luckily the judges called it all out for what it was.

Now that's pretty much what happens... type beat makers or fans get excited any time they hear 808s and hihat rolls.

Now me personally, I think those things sound cool but there's only so many times you can hear the exact same sounds used in exactly the same way. Even when something more unique comes out that catches my attention, I'm already kinda tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online