Beat This! - July 28-29, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
If this is why Detox has been delayed so long, I'm going to be pissed.
Ahh yes!!! the mythological Detox album.. Three of my favorite videos on youtube is of Snoop renting out an entire studio with DJ Quik, Battlecat, DJ Pooh, 1500 or Nothin, RBX, D.O.C. and Warren G (who was stuck in traffic and never made it). They were getting some songs together for Dre (Detox). Dre wasted all these dudes time and Snoop's money lol

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
So wait...

Someone's gonna literally just do a remake of Still Dre and California Love and no one's gonna say anything?

:woot: :ROFLMAO:
...I swear someone also just literally copied the GTA San Andreas westcoast whine melody??? :ROFLMAO:

At this rate someone may as well just do a vocal extraction and upload the Regulate instrumental :LOL:

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
So wait...

Someone's gonna literally just do a remake of Still Dre and California Love and no one's gonna say anything?

:woot: :ROFLMAO:
That's why I was on the fence about voting for it but its replayed, put together and mixed very well.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
That's why I was on the fence about voting for it but its replayed, put together and mixed very well.
I mean everyone remaking the same one trap beat is one thing... the beat got no soul no life no individuality. But literally just copying 2 of the most iconic West Coast records ever made?

Is this where we're at with Hip Hop now?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
I mean everyone remaking the same one trap beat is one thing... the beat got no soul no life no individuality. But literally just copying 2 of the most iconic West Coast records ever made?

Is this where we're at with Hip Hop now?
LOL IDK what to tell you, I lost track of where hip hop is/was years ago... Depending on the votes, that will tell us how the track is perceived.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Fade gonna have to rename the battle Bite This!
jim carrey bite GIF

Its in every battle bro, thats why I get kinda bent on the DL because I make my own drums
from Hi Hats up, synths etc. Not that I dont use samples, I do, but some peoples beats are just a sample sometimes. I made a mention to @LiveLargeBeats in discord about a few are remakes at best, but, it is what it is.

Props to all you out there who make your own beats from the kick drum up though, mad love at ya.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Props to all you out there who make your own beats from the kick drum up though, mad love at ya.
Yeah, there's enough tutorials online for sound creation using stock plugins of your DAW of choice. You take the time to learn your tools, and realize there is no need for soundpacks or subscriptions to websites like splice.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
On the one hand, I'm astonished @Iron Keys is whining even though he's sits out this battle... which proves it was not about winning or losing shit.

On the other hand, I'm thankful he does all the whining, and I just rise a thumbs up below his messages. Mate, I'm a 100% with you in the crusade...

I don't have any concern those "beats" winning, I think most people would reject it or Fade may even not allow it.

I just don't get it? Being inspired by a sound or vibe sure (even trap), but it's literally stealing the core musical idea. The core musical idea is what makes the record/beat.

It's not even sampling or reinterpretation or appropriation.

It's at best a cover.

Bootleg This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online