Beat This! - July 29-30, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
@ArvinArmani Watch those levels! This was dope. I can hear this in a movie.
@crog85 Your beat makes me watch to snort coke now. Thanks! :clown:
@crudeking I liked how yours was like a slow moving beat. Kind of hypnotic.
@DaHomie Yours was close but I just wish you did more with it. That sample was killer though.
@D-c.o.p This had an island feel to it which is good but I wanted more of a Hip Hop feel.
@Dsensei Loved it. Nice vibe on this one.
@Fury Beats Was this inspired by Eazy Duz It? That was dope.
@guitardep I liked it. I just wish the guitar was more prominent. It sounds like it's chilling in the back.
@GuttaTennekey This was a heavy deep beat. Like some horror movie shit. For me I just think the highs were a bit too in the high range.
@huggyHG This was different but what I liked was the overall mix. You had lots of things going on in the mix. That long tone freaked me out though. Don't do that during a pandemic!
@Iron Keys *cough* *cough* Any complaints now? :woot:
@joemonco This is the one I'd like to hear without the vocal snippets. That plus if you add a dope bassline, you're good to go.
@KiloOnTheBeat Dope. This is the type that would sound great with a rapper on top.
@Lightbackdrew Nicely done. Mix is dope. Multiple guitars panned. :D
@MagicisHappenin The mix is dope. I think the beat could use a better melody. Bassline is the standout for me.
@Memento Beats Hype! I want to punch something right now.
@nako21 I really like the mix on this. Church bells make me want to work out.
@nottr This was really smooth. It sounds like some vocals in the back maybe? Choir of some sort? Or is that just some strings? Either way, bring that up front more!
@Pappas Beats Hey Grandpa, that saw is dope. I think if you had either something on top or a rapper it would be even better.
@PhazeLark I'm feeling that low end bongo thing. It makes the track hype. Good job on the mix.
@Primz Smooth as my ballsack. Nuff said.
@prod.bysicksiah The piano is dope, the drums tight, good low end. Maybe just a little something to compliment the piano would have put you up there.
@sergiokasmin This is the only one that was off for me. That mix was super loud! Be careful with those limiters!
@Silentz Don't sweat it man. Yours was one of my favourite just because of the cuts!
@skidflow I was rooting for this one because when those warped keys came in I was like :cool:. This is a summer night time beat if you're stoned.
@TACTIK Was this a variation of the Good Bad Ugly theme? I'm picturing myself riding into town with my posse at the local watering hole.
@thangman What was cool with yours was the melody but I kept thinking how dope it would be if you had some hard drums on it instead.
@TjombaBeats Slow and methodical. I like it. This is a borderline horror movie beat.
@Vossi Beats Very good mix. I'm not a fan of the middle eastern vibe but it has a solid sound. I just wish it was more of a Hip Hop vibe.
@Fade , thank you for the props..i appreciate it..you da man

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
@TACTIK Was this a variation of the Good Bad Ugly theme? I'm picturing myself riding into town with my posse at the local watering hole.

No, but thanks for the feedback! Sounds dope how you would feel with your posse hearing that.
That Spagetti Western sound is totally the kinda stuff I've sampled at times from Ennio Morricone score compositions on epic movies tho:

I sampled Pat Boone several times and finally came across this one of his :

Really diggin' when someone is saying a beat of mine sounds like a kind of song I would have sampled when I used something completely different! I have kinda developed favorites in styles for different sounds, wanting to be a composer for movies eventually. Got a filmer friend who told me about good samples to use, especially from movies.

Stoked to have at least made it to the Runners Up position today.
Much appreciating all the votes.

Full version:

Last edited:
congratulations everyone! on the subject of not listening to each beat-personally i got through them all today but that's rare-and even having gotten through them, if something wasn't grabbing at me from the get go, then i'd start firing off emails etc until the next one started. @Vossi Beats this was my personal fav-sounds like it was good fun to produce as well. high standards ;)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
my personal opinion, is that i really don't think that all of the 29 beats get listened to..i think some voters only listen to about 10 beats if out of those 10 beats 2 to 5 of beats gets their attention..or there are too many beats to listen to..approximately 58mins honestly i don't think a lot of beats really get heard..but what do i know..i personally listened to one half earlier and listened to the other half 2 hrs later cause i'm working but the page is re ordered so now i vote for what heard 2 hrs later and not what i heard 2 hrs earlier...once again i'm seeing some producers who really had some bangin ass beats that didn't make top 5 that sounded better than the top 5..just trying to figure this site out

I have this feeling too. I think there are multiple elements to it as well. I think some people look for the producers they recognise sometimes.

Personally... i listen to every beat. And I'll usually have 6 that i listen to repeatedly to decide on my final vote. There are a few beats usually i can decide immediately i probably wont vote for for various reasons too.

But i spent about an hour listening to all the tracks today before doing my 6 which i maybe spent half hour on.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
:guillotine:

I voted for @Primz ... basically what it came down to was I really liked the percussion sounds, the arpeggiated sound. But what I particularly liked was how it's quite a slow feeling beat, so to make the minimal percussion work how it did I think takes under recognised or underappreciated skill. And I really liked how the bass swell, seemed to add a depth to the arpeggio. I wasn't as keen on the sci-fi whine sound, nothing to do with how it was played or mixed, just felt maybe I wanted something else there.

It was between him and... @thangman ... had a real tough time deciding between you 2, I feel like slyly I was being manipulated by this hot gorgeous heat we had today, the weather and the beat were going hand in hand, which was the same for @guitardep who's beat ironically was called Sun Beach. I proper chilled to both of your tracks. I ended up picking Primz beat, because I quite liked the arpeggio and how he worked the slowness well, I also felt it sounded slightly experimenty and I thought it may have less chance of getting recognition but hey

@TACTIK was also in my shortlist, really love how he worked that whistle, and ironically like @Fade mentioned, I initially thought it may have been an unsubbed GoodBadUgly beat, realised it wasn't i think, but really dug it.

@DaHomie really loved this too. Got nice bounce to it.

@nottr reaaally loved this - it's funny 'cause it had a sense of familiarity, but it's only when I saw the song title that I remembered where from.

THE ABOVE all formed my "shortlist"

I really loved @Pappas Beats track too, but the bassline reminds me of something, and I can't remember what. Commercial trakc? One of mine? no idea, it feels familiar. I really like it tho. Kinda shit i'd listen to. (not accusing him of deezing btw)

@Vossi Beats bruhhh, what a beat. When I heard someone mention middle-eastern and a certain instrument that i knew i ain't used i thought sheeeit, when I heard it, this feeling was reconfirmed. Proper like this beat. Definitely gotta talk to you about it, pick your brains about it. Reminded me of @YannFer "Mumbay Shit", so i was shocked when I saw YannFer say he ain't enter. (I also picked Yann's brain on his beat too!)

A lot of others I really liked, most in fact. So don't bum if I left you out - I probably thought your ish was dope!

If anyone want feedback on their's as usual, lemme know.

Good work ILLfam

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
i think i figured it out..i will probably stay away from the BEAT THIS competition it's a little too congested..but the other contests are cool..at least you have a chance to be heard...especially the WARZONE..I really like that one..the voting i think is a little bit better...just my opinion guys

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
i think i figured it out..i will probably stay away from the BEAT THIS competition it's a little too congested..but the other contests are cool..at least you have a chance to be heard...especially the WARZONE..I really like that one..the voting i think is a little bit better...just my opinion guys

I like your beat. Really odd interesting, but in a way that makes sense. Kinda like a bit creepy fairground evil clowns i felt. dope beat.

I feel you tho... i feel there's certain formulas to beat this that voting takes. Ain't so keen on it, but it is what it is. Which is kinda a shame 'cause i think this comp is the best one. Warzone looks good too but i think it's a lot of effort. Might try AOTB or Beat it up, but i dunno

KiloOnTheBeat

Battle Points: 77
@ArvinArmani Watch those levels! This was dope. I can hear this in a movie.
@crog85 Your beat makes me watch to snort coke now. Thanks! :clown:
@crudeking I liked how yours was like a slow moving beat. Kind of hypnotic.
@DaHomie Yours was close but I just wish you did more with it. That sample was killer though.
@D-c.o.p This had an island feel to it which is good but I wanted more of a Hip Hop feel.
@Dsensei Loved it. Nice vibe on this one.
@Fury Beats Was this inspired by Eazy Duz It? That was dope.
@guitardep I liked it. I just wish the guitar was more prominent. It sounds like it's chilling in the back.
@GuttaTennekey This was a heavy deep beat. Like some horror movie shit. For me I just think the highs were a bit too in the high range.
@huggyHG This was different but what I liked was the overall mix. You had lots of things going on in the mix. That long tone freaked me out though. Don't do that during a pandemic!
@Iron Keys *cough* *cough* Any complaints now? :woot:
@joemonco This is the one I'd like to hear without the vocal snippets. That plus if you add a dope bassline, you're good to go.
@KiloOnTheBeat Dope. This is the type that would sound great with a rapper on top.
@Lightbackdrew Nicely done. Mix is dope. Multiple guitars panned. :D
@MagicisHappenin The mix is dope. I think the beat could use a better melody. Bassline is the standout for me.
@Memento Beats Hype! I want to punch something right now.
@nako21 I really like the mix on this. Church bells make me want to work out.
@nottr This was really smooth. It sounds like some vocals in the back maybe? Choir of some sort? Or is that just some strings? Either way, bring that up front more!
@Pappas Beats Hey Grandpa, that saw is dope. I think if you had either something on top or a rapper it would be even better.
@PhazeLark I'm feeling that low end bongo thing. It makes the track hype. Good job on the mix.
@Primz Smooth as my ballsack. Nuff said.
@prod.bysicksiah The piano is dope, the drums tight, good low end. Maybe just a little something to compliment the piano would have put you up there.
@sergiokasmin This is the only one that was off for me. That mix was super loud! Be careful with those limiters!
@Silentz Don't sweat it man. Yours was one of my favourite just because of the cuts!
@skidflow I was rooting for this one because when those warped keys came in I was like :cool:. This is a summer night time beat if you're stoned.
@thangman What was cool with yours was the melody but I kept thinking how dope it would be if you had some hard drums on it instead.
@TjombaBeats Slow and methodical. I like it. This is a borderline horror movie beat.
@Vossi Beats Very good mix. I'm not a fan of the middle eastern vibe but it has a solid sound. I just wish it was more of a Hip Hop vibe.
Thank you for the kind words!

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
I like your beat. Really odd interesting, but in a way that makes sense. Kinda like a bit creepy fairground evil clowns i felt. dope beat.

I feel you tho... i feel there's certain formulas to beat this that voting takes. Ain't so keen on it, but it is what it is. Which is kinda a shame 'cause i think this comp is the best one. Warzone looks good too but i think it's a lot of effort. Might try AOTB or Beat it up, but i dunno
@Iron Keys , thanks man..best compliment i had all day..really appreciate it..and speaking of beats your beat was dope af..i thought you should have won this one for sure..no bullshit it was really dope..i was torn between your track and memento's track..i voted for memento's track and he didn't even place..i was a little disappointed

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I really loved @Pappas Beats track too, but the bassline reminds me of something, and I can't remember what. Commercial trakc? One of mine? no idea, it feels familiar. I really like it tho. Kinda shit i'd listen to. (not accusing him of deezing btw
You sunuva bish! 1st off, how dare you compliment my work! Are you high? Fall off a ladder? Do you need medical attention? Just tap twice if you are under duress. Secondly, you named that which shall not be named out loud on these forums! :mad:

Yeah, NO! That is a serum bass-line and I would be happy to show you sir.... kinda hurt right now being I posted quite a few different takes of this in Discord, for shame sir! For shame....

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
By The way @Iron Keys , I started to vote for you but between you and @Vossi Beats , I changed it last minute and went with Voss. Was a tough choice but loved them both. Nice job bro. I felt both deserved a top spot.

Don't get me wrong, @crog85 was fucking dope per usual, really nasty beat, but I guess I was in an "originality" mood and both of you guys had that I felt... but mainly because I couldn't throw my one and only vote towards mine ;)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys , thanks man..best compliment i had all day..really appreciate it..and speaking of beats your beat was dope af..i thought you should have won this one for sure..no bullshit it was really dope..i was torn between your track and memento's track..i voted for memento's track and he didn't even place..i was a little disappointed

Thanks, brother! I appreciate that. Small margins small margins. Sounds like I was close to getting a W

Yeah your beat jumped out at me, in a good way. i originally considered it in my list for voting.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
By The way @Iron Keys , I started to vote for you but between you and @Vossi Beats , I changed it last minute and went with Voss. Was a tough choice but loved them both. Nice job bro. I felt both deserved a top spot.

Don't get me wrong, @crog85 was fucking dope per usual, really nasty beat, but I guess I was in an "originality" mood and both of you guys had that I felt... but mainly because I couldn't throw my one and only vote towards mine ;)

Thanks, my brother, real appreciate it. Yeah vossi was banging too, I felt like mine n his track might take votes off eachother.

Fine margins, with stuff like you and Crudeking saying, sounds like I was close to a W.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Beat This is always most legit when there is a THEME and isn't all congested with multiple different sounding beats. Hopefully there will be one coming soon! All about making new beats for these battles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online