Beat This! - July 29-30, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Fuck. I give up. I thought this was one of my best beats but I guess they're like your children beautiful to you but ugly as sin to others. Anyway. Congrats @crog85 and to all the runners up.

Fuck. I give up. I thought this was one of my best beats but I guess they're like your children beautiful to you but ugly as sin to others. Anyway. Congrats @crog85 and to all the runners up.

C'mon man. Don't give up and don't be so stiff when it comes to these battles. :D Someone once said that these battles should be treated more like some competition in video games with your friends. :) Not a big deal. Personally, I treat them like this. :) I dont' play video games so I treat it as some kind of entertainment and a chance to develop myself. I also loved my beat and I didn't even place but it doesn't mean anything. There were 28 other beats and voters had only one vote. They chose @crog85 . Next time it may be you. I understand that everyone of us wants to win but I don't think that it's all about these battles. I took a big step forward when it comes to my production development. I haven't won many battles but participation in them gave me a chance to step my game up. :D

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@Lightbackdrew Gary Clark Jr! When I heard your beat I knew Id heard the sample, but I was leaning more towards it being something from the black keys... but yea, Gary Clark Jr, if u havent heard his “Live” album, check it out :up2:

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
C'mon man. Don't give up and don't be so stiff when it comes to these battles. :D Someone once said that these battles should be treated more like some competition in video games with your friends. :) Not a big deal. Personally, I treat them like this. :) I dont' play video games so I treat it as some kind of entertainment and a chance to develop myself. I also loved my beat and I didn't even place but it doesn't mean anything. There were 28 other beats and voters had only one vote. They chose @crog85 . Next time it may be you. I understand that everyone of us wants to win but I don't think that it's all about these battles. I took a big step forward when it comes to my production development. I haven't won many battles but participation in them gave me a chance to step my game up. :D

I know. I just get down on myself for a few days and I'm sure I'll be back at it.

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
i agree, i was very satisfied with the beat i uploaded..for all i know i could have been in the top ten..but that isn't how it goes here..but hell i have no regrets

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
my personal opinion, is that i really don't think that all of the 29 beats get listened to..i think some voters only listen to about 10 beats if out of those 10 beats 2 to 5 of beats gets their attention..or there are too many beats to listen to..approximately 58mins honestly i don't think a lot of beats really get heard..but what do i know..i personally listened to one half earlier and listened to the other half 2 hrs later cause i'm working but the page is re ordered so now i vote for what heard 2 hrs later and not what i heard 2 hrs earlier...once again i'm seeing some producers who really had some bangin ass beats that didn't make top 5 that sounded better than the top 5..just trying to figure this site out

my personal opinion, is that i really don't think that all of the 29 beats get listened to..i think some voters only listen to about 10 beats if out of those 10 beats 2 to 5 of beats gets their attention..or there are too many beats to listen to..approximately 58mins honestly i don't think a lot of beats really get heard..but what do i know..i personally listened to one half earlier and listened to the other half 2 hrs later cause i'm working

I agree with it. Sometimes I'm curious how many votes were placed in total. Fade said it many times that usually those results are very close. I also don't think that all of them get heard not to mention analysed by voters. I remember when I was preparing ILL Battle Report (Weekly podcast that was a review of battles that had been on Illmuzik in the particular week) I spent ages going through all of the submissions because I wanted to treat everyone in the same way. Sometimes I skipped beats because they didn't grab me from the very first seconds/ minute but when it comes to those that were mentioned I always tried to prepare something constructive to say. I learned it hard way that voting "in the right way" may take tremendous amount of time.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@ArvinArmani Watch those levels! This was dope. I can hear this in a movie.
@crog85 Your beat makes me watch to snort coke now. Thanks! :clown:
@crudeking I liked how yours was like a slow moving beat. Kind of hypnotic.
@DaHomie Yours was close but I just wish you did more with it. That sample was killer though.
@D-c.o.p This had an island feel to it which is good but I wanted more of a Hip Hop feel.
@Dsensei Loved it. Nice vibe on this one.
@Fury Beats Was this inspired by Eazy Duz It? That was dope.
@guitardep I liked it. I just wish the guitar was more prominent. It sounds like it's chilling in the back.
@GuttaTennekey This was a heavy deep beat. Like some horror movie shit. For me I just think the highs were a bit too in the high range.
@huggyHG This was different but what I liked was the overall mix. You had lots of things going on in the mix. That long tone freaked me out though. Don't do that during a pandemic!
@Iron Keys *cough* *cough* Any complaints now? :woot:
@joemonco This is the one I'd like to hear without the vocal snippets. That plus if you add a dope bassline, you're good to go.
@KiloOnTheBeat Dope. This is the type that would sound great with a rapper on top.
@Lightbackdrew Nicely done. Mix is dope. Multiple guitars panned. :D
@MagicisHappenin The mix is dope. I think the beat could use a better melody. Bassline is the standout for me.
@Memento Beats Hype! I want to punch something right now.
@nako21 I really like the mix on this. Church bells make me want to work out.
@nottr This was really smooth. It sounds like some vocals in the back maybe? Choir of some sort? Or is that just some strings? Either way, bring that up front more!
@Pappas Beats Hey Grandpa, that saw is dope. I think if you had either something on top or a rapper it would be even better.
@PhazeLark I'm feeling that low end bongo thing. It makes the track hype. Good job on the mix.
@Primz Smooth as my ballsack. Nuff said.
@prod.bysicksiah The piano is dope, the drums tight, good low end. Maybe just a little something to compliment the piano would have put you up there.
@sergiokasmin This is the only one that was off for me. That mix was super loud! Be careful with those limiters!
@Silentz Don't sweat it man. Yours was one of my favourite just because of the cuts!
@skidflow I was rooting for this one because when those warped keys came in I was like :cool:. This is a summer night time beat if you're stoned.
@TACTIK Was this a variation of the Good Bad Ugly theme? I'm picturing myself riding into town with my posse at the local watering hole.
@thangman What was cool with yours was the melody but I kept thinking how dope it would be if you had some hard drums on it instead.
@TjombaBeats Slow and methodical. I like it. This is a borderline horror movie beat.
@Vossi Beats Very good mix. I'm not a fan of the middle eastern vibe but it has a solid sound. I just wish it was more of a Hip Hop vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.