Beat This! - June 15-16, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
pappas brings the guns out and then we try to hide.
You had me at guns :love:

Shooting Pew Pew GIF

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
Jesus fuck. This was the hardest decision ever. But it only came down to two for me. Super easy to choose my top tier, but impossible to decide between the two of them. Absolute bangers.

I’m happy with mine in comparison to everything else out there. Be hoping to place. But no way can I win this. Damn. Some of y’all just too nice. Can’t wait to see the results.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Crogratulations
@crog85

Well done, @Mahlhavoc told you you'd get up there!

Unlucky primooo @Primz

@Armani nice beat yung bruh, thought this might have been yours or 2gigolo

@StoneLockProd reaaally fucking good beat bro --- I actually don't remember hearing it (this happens a lot to me after results - and I definitely check ALL beats). Really fucking good beat, if I noticed this a bit better on my listens this could easily have grabbed my vote I think. nice work!

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
@crog85 finally my vote was the winner!! Incredible job dude. Absolutely fire. And @Armani I’m pleased and not at all surprised that the other top beat for me was yours. They were both so damn nice. Congrats. To both y’all.

When I’m on the laptop I’ll get a throrough response for some more of these.

Side note. Are the runner ups in any particular order?

I think I’ve placed 3 straight I’ve entered now… that’s progress. Got to study these top beats and get on that next level though.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade's "Spartans Were 100% Men" Feedback:

@Amnesia - Hype strings. They cut off a bit but sound ok with the drums over it. Could use a bit of another lead or maybe a solid change up.

@Armani - Very hype beat. Good use of the horns. Drum work is dope. It would have been good to have a few vocals from the movie for extra effect.

@Bangerz8888 - Very nice smooth beat but I wouldn't relate this to the 300 movie. Basically I'd rather chill when listening to this instead of murdering a bunch of oiled up dudes with swords!

@crog85 - The intro should have been louder but when the beat drops it has such an epic feel to it. Very solid beat. Drums bounce nicely. Dope melody.

@Fury Beats - I like the marching at the beginning but then it just stops! Did they fall in the hole? I was hoping it would continue with a hard beat over it. The piano is nice and smooth but doesn't have a 300 feel.

@InsideOutBeats - Dope scratches. The beat is good. I think the drums could hit a bit harder but they do blend in well with the melody and those vocals. A bit too much of the movie talking though.

@Iron Keys - Another smooth beat! What's going on? The female vocals give it a feel like it's from a part of the movie where they're banging (husband and wife, not the Spartans). The second half of the beat vocals are dope but I think the beat's just too laid back.

@Mahlhavoc - Intro is a bit long. When the beat drops in, it sounds really good. The guitar/sitar sound is good for that 300 vibe, a bit too modern maybe? It would have been better if you didn't rely on that instrument so much. The drums and bass were dope and would be a solid foundation to carry the beat.

@Mefisto Beats - Really hard beat. The strings have a nice buildup feel so I wish it had of transitioned into a big crescendo of sorts. Good vibe, I almost feel like fighting.

@MR BOOMBAP - This one is too chill for 300 but the vocals do fit nicely with the beat. I can see this being in a part of the movie where they're showing all the bodies!

@ozwarlegacy - Those drums should definitely have more life to them. Go bigger! Relying too much on the movie dialogue. But the strings do sound really good, I just think overall this should be harder.

@Primz - Hype! That repeating chant is what makes this beat. Drums could be harder but the melody really carries this beat. I'd go to war.

@Shinobu diamxnd - Very short! Why only 33 seconds? It sounds like an intro of sorts, it would be nice to hear more so I can provide feedback.

@StoneLockProd - Drums knock. Good reverb on that snare. Good use of the various sounds and where you placed them. Hype. I'd punch someone.

@Vossi Beats - Good intro with those vocals. A bit too laid back but it's those vocals that carry the beat and give it a 300 vibe. This could be played in a scene where some jacked dude is tossed off a cliff in slow motion or something.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
@Fade I was trying to entice the listener with the in and out marching and grunting to give it the 300 effect but maybe I missed the mark. It's basically a "marching to their next battle type beat"

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys - Another smooth beat! What's going on? The female vocals give it a feel like it's from a part of the movie where they're banging (husband and wife, not the Spartans). The second half of the beat vocals are dope but I think the beat's just too laid back.

Appreciate your flattery, but the beat was dead. What do you mean by 'what's going on' ??

I think the beat just sounded 'empty', I really couldn't figure why. sonically it sounded right, sound selections. but it just stayed feeling kind of 'empty' to me.

My mix bus processing lifted the track, but it did something shadowy to the low end - dunno how to describe it. But I know what caused it (a shame because first track i did it to really fucking made the mix dope -- last two its been negative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online