Beat This! - June 15-16, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Grats @crog85 As @Iron Keys said, we kinda knew you Arvin and 2g would be in the tops, I did not think mine would be but did expect Irons up there.

Lots of dope beats, now that I am home going to listen to em on the good speakers.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats @crog85 !

@Fade I was trying to entice the listener with the in and out marching and grunting to give it the 300 effect but maybe I missed the mark. It's basically a "marching to their next battle type beat"
That's what I figured. Then I heard the marching come back in which was good.

Appreciate your flattery, but the beat was dead. What do you mean by 'what's going on' ??
I was talking about up until your beat there were a few others that were chill too.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Lmao @Armani why do I feel listening to your beat that DMX bout to pop out?

@Mahlhavoc - Intro is a bit long.
Oh really?
@Primz - Hype!
The fuck!? His intro was a second or three longer than mine!... Dick! lol

Really digging that beat @Primz knew when I heard it that it was gonna place at least.

@StoneLockProd that kick is nasty and the orchestra sets this off. good shit bro

@InsideOutBeats This beat was nicely put together, nicely cut up samples and orchestrated. I dig what you did and went through to make the music in this. Little too much in the vocals and coulda killed bout 75% of "this is sparta"

@Iron Keys you already know

@Vossi Beats bro such a good beat, just didnt fit up in here brother... well, I felt more aggression in the beat was needed anyhow. But that was a good beat no matter. Just chilled.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The fuck!? His intro was a second or three longer than mine!... Dick! lol
LOL. Ya but.... yknow. Yknowhat? Whatever man.
Step Brothers Whatever GIF by reactionseditor

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
ohhh thought you meant mine are all chill lately or soemthing.

Which I think is also true --- think pappas accused me of this? @Mahlhavoc ??
yeah, but no... you have been on a R&B tip a bit lately which is influencing your beats. I find if I am listening to hard trap I will do more hard trap, more old school stuff I start running more NWA type beats, then if listening to metal... well, out comes the guitar. Think you maybe doing this? But still, I seen some of your shit also pretty hard, so... I mean the going from a softer beat to a harder beat in this battle was fucking A) Smooth as shit but B) also showed you can do trap type beats.

SO short answer.... Meh, sometimes lol

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
yeah, but no... you have been on a R7B tip a bit lately which is influencing your beats. I find if I am listening to hard trap I will do more hard trap, more old school stuff I start running more NWA type beats, then if listening to metal... well, out comes the guitar. Think you maybe doing this?
Maybeee... I been listening to a lot of R&B lately tbh... but I feel my beats took a chill approach before this.

I honestly think I'm just a lot more chill now (everyone always described me as laid back), but my beats were always quite tense and high energy.

But still, I seen some of your shit also pretty hard, so... I mean the going from a softer beat to a harder beat in this battle was fucking A) Smooth as shit but B) also showed you can do trap type beats.
Yeah man, dropped some tough ones here and there still though.

re the A) and B) ; mad loveee bro, ppreciate you

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I mean the going from a softer beat to a harder beat in this battle was fucking A) Smooth as shit

Yeah I was trying to create a bit of a scene, or story. I noticed a lot of this floaty shit in the soundtrack, etheral shiz. Then the fucking deep hate and war shit comes. Trying to create the balance and contrast of soft and hard, light and dark, yinyang type beat. It was a concept. I know that shit don't really go down well here, but just wanted to do it.

I said I ain't sure bout entering battles anymore, but for 300th beat this, any true illien should be honoring that!

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
okay, so @crog85 and @Armani fuckign murdered it for me. Put a smile on my face and made me want to quit making music. On to the rest... lol

@Primz cool war drum and chanting to build up.... good riser.. beat drops in noice... oh, drums get dope with a little "ta ta ta ta ta".. flute or whatever comes in later and that's a dope ass fucking melody. Props if you wrote that. Brass hits. nice. Snare rolls are nice. Kick is kinda lost for me. Might want to work on the higher harmonics or something to bring that out. It's like allll sub. Dope beat. Properly placed.

@Mahlhavoc like the background music at the beginning. The stutter edit on the drop... fire. Then the sitar or whatever "ethnic" ass instrument is playing nice. Like all of it. If you wrote all the music on this... Hella props. Like. If you sampled some loops and shit.. still put together nicely. all around. This was a legit placer.

@Amnesia not a bad musical piece.. it's a bit off theme without the vocals. it's more ... like a .....well, it kinda gets there eventually, with the choir gives it more the theme vibe.

@Bangerz8888 wtf... bro. We had a theme. no hate,, moving on

@Fury Beats the piano is just off man. you were playing with some timing and it could have given it a dope vibe, but just wasn't playing with the drums. Which btw, weren't mixed great. The piano drowned out most everything else. The snare march style could have been dope, but could barely hear it

@InsideOutBeats haha, this one... at first i was like.. the fuck>>>??? bro just trying to make an old school hip hop track.. but as I got into it, I started vibing with it and suddenly I was picturing this modern urban remake of 300. If they ever gave 300 a modern street treatment.. (awesome movie idea).. this would be playing during some of the most intense scenes... Some of it gives me legit chills.. bro, this one is probably criminally underrated here. IDK what you were going for.. .but if it's anything like what I am envisioning, then you fucking nailed it perfectly. Honestly, i could see this being an easy winner in a different world. haha. Props

@Iron Keys always downplaying your own shit.... stop it. But, yeah, it's maybe a tad hollow. Something in the mid s would have helped. Cellos and such. Or octaves to fill out what you already had. the break down part wasn't great. but it came back nice with the piano. Was not bad. Wasn't a placer. But, with like 1 hour of additional work, easily...

@Mefisto Beats okay, cool strings melody ... 808 comes in fine. . . drums come in hard. I like it. The piano chord isn't working for me. Sounds detuned.. Yeah, I don't like that piano chord.. any of them. Not sure if it was just out of scale or what.. IDK. The orchestra builds in the end and thats'f fucking awesome... sounds like some sort of drone synth supporting in the back.. Fuck.. just lose that piano and replace it or whatever. .the rest is fucking nice.

@Vossi Beats sorry, i don't like this. the guitar sound is is nice though. I don't like the bass or the vocal choir. The bass is fine, just don't like the baseline being played. The choir is a bad sound and the repetitiveness wears on me. Sorry bro. I'd scrap it all but the guitar . Just my opinion.

Okay, that's what I got. I try to just check out the people who tend to interact on the board whether engaging in the thread or giving feedback themselves.. if someone else drops some feedback.. i'll reply in kind.. .otherwise, I think i hit most them. Later.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys always downplaying your own shit.... stop it. But, yeah, it's maybe a tad hollow. Something in the mid s would have helped. Cellos and such. Or octaves to fill out what you already had. the break down part wasn't great. but it came back nice with the piano. Was not bad. Wasn't a placer. But, with like 1 hour of additional work, easily...

Haha nah man not at all. I think I said my last beat was the best beat I ever made!!

I already told pappas (Mahl) all the thoughts I had about my beat before submitting it.

I dunno, it's the weird issue that it had in it what I wanted in it. I didn't want other sounds. Just got too corny for my liking. So just submitted and hoped maybe it'd sound different to others' ears.

I might not be entering anymore for a long while, just not making anything people here wanna hear nor making anything good tbh. If that changes then.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
@Vossi Beats - Good intro with those vocals. A bit too laid back but it's those vocals that carry the beat and give it a 300 vibe. This could be played in a scene where some jacked dude is tossed off a cliff in slow motion or something.
I wanted to go a different route than I thought everyone else would go with the uptempo battle kinda vibe. Was trying to show the vibe of slowly marching towards certain death but still not having a care in the world.
@Vossi Beats bro such a good beat, just didnt fit up in here brother... well, I felt more aggression in the beat was needed anyhow. But that was a good beat no matter. Just chilled.
I see your point. Was just trying to go a different route than that. Thought that's what everyone will do, so I'm gonna do it the other way instead. You know. Slowly marching toward your death kind of thing. How you feel before the battle, knowing you won't survive but still move forward without hesitation. Something like that
@Vossi Beats sorry, i don't like this. the guitar sound is is nice though. I don't like the bass or the vocal choir. The bass is fine, just don't like the baseline being played. The choir is a bad sound and the repetitiveness wears on me. Sorry bro. I'd scrap it all but the guitar . Just my opinion.
lol I will try not to suck as much next time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online